Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for '77 CB750K: Vector Format  (Read 8458 times)

Offline burmashave

• Forum Immoderator
  • Old Timer
    • burmashave.net
Wiring Diagram for '77 CB750K: Vector Format
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:08:27 pm »
I've been rebuilding all the wiring on my bike, and I got just a bit frustrated with the existing diagrams, so I recreated the official wiring diagram as a color diagram in vector format. I had seen a color wiring diagram for the 750; however, I'm not sure if it was accurate for the '77K. Mostly, I wanted a larger diagram.

For those not familiar with vector diagrams, their primary advantage is that they can be scaled to any size without loss of resolution. To view, edit or print them, you need a vector diagram program, such as Adobe Illustrator. I made the diagram with Illustrator 9.0. I've also included a relatively high resolution (1400x900) JPEG file that can be displayed with any normal image viewer.

I've sized the Illustrator file so that it prints a diagram about 22"x14" (56x36cm) across several US letter-sized pages. Let me know if you have any problems using the vector files. They work for me using Illustrator; however, I was unable to convert them to either CorelDraw or SVG formats.

I created the diagram from the official Honda 1977 shop manual. This original diagram is included in the vector files as a layer toggled "not visible." This layer can be toggled "visible" for comparison purposes. I have done my best to make the diagram as accurate as possible; however, please let me know if you find any errors or discrepancies.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:31:13 pm by burmashave »
Quote from: SOHC Digger, RIP
'Ere's whatcha do, Guvna', just throw a couple dookie logs in the hearth and bob's your uncle!
'77 CB750k

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
Re: Wiring Diagram for '77 CB750K: Vector Format
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:57:39 pm »
Nice! That was a lot of work.

mystic_1
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0

Offline Knetic

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:46:55 am »
I know it's been a while since this was posted, but this seems to be a VERY useful set of files.

I have a large format printer and decided to print this off 63" wide on banner material. It makes the wiring process SO much easier, particularly if you're rebuilding the wiring harness from the ground up like I am.

If anybody would like a large, high quality print of this diagram, I'd be more than happy to print it for any forum members who would want it (With burmashave and the moderators approval, of course).

Offline laminaytrap

• Enthusiast
    • Satchealous Garage
Re: Wiring Diagram for '77 CB750K: Vector Format (now PDF too!)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »
I'm going to drag this up again, I converted the file to PDF so hopefully more people will have access to the large version. Credit still to OP for the hard work involved in creating this masterpiece.

Thanks!

P.S. I wich i had found it two years ago...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 04:32:28 pm by laminaytrap »

Offline Prez1967

• Adding lightness...
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:21:06 am »
Any reason to suspect the wiring on my '78 is any different than this?

Offline pavlis

• Older? Wiser?
    • prescottMedia
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:04:17 am »
Hi BurmaShave.

In the process of a 2-week electrical nightmare with my '78 CB550, I came across your fantastic vector version of a 750 wiring diagram. What I would have given to have had something similar for a 550. (Tried to use your 750 version, but there was just enough differences to make it too "scary" to use.)

Anyway, I thought I'd have a go at creating a CB550 vector-version based on the ubiquitous fuzzy, muddy-colored jpeg that seems to be the best option currently available online.

I was wondering if you would mind if I re-purposed some of the elements from your effort. Things like the switch constructions, the lighting elements and the coil/plug art. I'm not sure how many of your elements will work in the schematic I'm building, but I wanted to ask you before I started "borrowing".

Part of the reason I want to try a vector-based diagram for the 550 is to somewhat repay all the very generous help I've gotten from the forum over the past few years.

I will be sure to give you appropriate credit both for the initial inspiration as well as the borrowed bits.

Thanks.

-Paul

Offline jasonp

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 03:30:26 pm »
Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you ever did a 550 diagram?  Would love to see it if you'd be happy to share?

Cheers
Jason