Author Topic: Pics of Finished Bike - Project "Four Pack" - Updated with Girly Pics!!!  (Read 17708 times)

Offline chopstar500

• King of the Nighttime World
  • Enthusiast
After 10 months of literal blood, sweat and tears (and a bunch of $$$) - Project "Four Pack" is finally complete. I just finished up the last few details (turn signals, side covers, speedo, etc.) - I came across a really sweet deal on a brand new LePera GunFighter Seat that actually fits pretty decent - maybe a few more tweaks, but for what its worth I kinda like it - even the hump over the rear frame support. This was my first full on nut & bolt resto - I really enjoyed the process + it kept me out of trouble for quite a while.

And the sad news... I have to put it up on the sale block now. I'm getting married in late August, and we need every penny to finance the wedding. It's killing me, but priorities take precedence. Look for it on eBay or Craiglist soon!

Anyway... there you have it - another SOHC restomod completed! Enjoy, and feel free to compliment/criticize or ask any questions.

Still need to get some good high sunlight outdoor pics - took these at about 9PM - they'll have to do for now. More coming soon.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:20:23 pm by chopstar500 »
Completed Project "Four Pack" - My 1971 CB500 KO - Now For Sale - email me for more info!

Offline Johnie

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: First Pics of Finished Bike - Project "Four Pack"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:45:46 pm »
Chop...just a beautiful job.  So much work into the detail I feel bad you have to let it go.  Love the paint and that motor looks great.  I guess those pipes would draw some attention from our police in my area for sure.   ;D  Again, amazing job and thanks for sharing the pics!!!
1970 CB750K0 - Candy Ruby Red
1973 CB750K3 - Candy Bacchus Olive or Sunflake Orange
1970 Chevy Chevelle SS396 - Cortez Silver
1976 GL1000 sulphur yellow (current project)

Oshkosh, WI  USA

Offline Jeff

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:46:51 pm »
Definitely looks great. I too am sorry you have to sell right after completion. At least take her for a few rides to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Jeff

Offline chopstar500

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:04 pm »
Thanks guys - hate to let her go, but bikes will come & go - a girl like my financee don't come around that often. We really want to make the wedding right without ending up in a ton of credit card debt. I'm gonna miss her... the bike that is.  ;D
Completed Project "Four Pack" - My 1971 CB500 KO - Now For Sale - email me for more info!

Offline my78k

• I am Meat-O of the Hungry Horses MC
  • Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:41:19 pm »
Well really nice work there man!!

I gotta say though that I DJ weddings on the side for extra cash and don't blow your brains out on the wedding....not trying to rain on your parade or anything but just some friendly advice to try to find a happy medium. I have seen couples spend 25k plus on a single day and still not enjoy themselves and have also seen some of the happiest people on a fraction of that budget. To be honest we did our's for around 5 or 6 grand and it will be 10 years in a couple of months so it must have been ok...

Congrats on both the build and finding the girl that makes selling your bike worthwhile...seriously

Denis

Offline Loudpipe

• Hot Shot
  • Broken Vehicle Collector
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:57:01 pm »
Chop,
I sent you an email.  Gorgeous bike!
- LP

1974 Honda CB350F

Previous: 1978 Honda CB750F, 1971 Honda CB500K, 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1

martino1972

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:09:30 pm »
awesome bike,very well done,cant stop looking at it,i dig that large front wheel,looks realy good...

absolutly a master piece,are we getting a report with pictures of the build???
we love pictures and builds......i dont wanne miss out on this one....

and for weddings,my opinion is the less organized the party,the better party it is..
we spend around 3 grand,including rings,dress,cake,the entire deal,and had a wonderfull day...
maybe you can cut some corners and keep the bike.... ;) ;)

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 09:50:35 pm »
Beautiful bike mate, now you've finished it sell it, get hitched, enjoy your day and in 20 years you will be allowed to build another one lol.

Lotsa luck on both fronts..Hush.
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline markjenn

• Enthusiast
  • CB750K1, CBX, RC30
    • Whizmo and Gizmo
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:21 pm »
Very nice job.  I hope you can find someone who can appreciate it and will give you some value for your labors.

- Mark

Offline paulages

• Old Timer
  • 1976 cb735
    • DOOMTOWN RIDERS P.R.M.C.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:11 pm »
no front brake? never understood that one. i could do without the rear, but never the front...
paul
SOHC4 member #1050

1974 CB550 (735cc)
1976 CB550 (590cc) road racer
1973 CB750K3
1972 NORTON Commando Combat
1996 KLX650 R

rhos1355

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 12:36:25 am »
The attention to detail is just awesome (I usually NEVER use that word, but here it's appropriate). It's obvious you're a meticulous man, and that everything has to done right or not done at all. I bet there are dozens of us that hope to achieve that mindset.
As for the wedding? I got married to the lady I've been living with for the past 20 years a month ago Tuesday. Spent a fair bit on the rings, but just had Champers (Champagne) in the garden after the ceremony and then a dinner at our local pub for 40 nearest and dearest.
Funny thing tho' during the champers in the garden bit, the guys hung around the shed looking at the CB750 I'm restoring whilst the girls were all comparing handbags on the lawn.

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 01:18:30 am »
I've told my two kids (29 and 32) that if they get married go do it on the beach in Hawaii and send everyone a postcard.
Can't see the point in giving a sausage roll to every aged Aunt and Uncle who they never see normally.
Marraige, been there (26 years) done that, wife stole the tee shirt ha ha....but everyone should do it once as punishment.
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline SD750F

• Master
    • My Business Site
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 05:43:31 am »
chopstar500,

It looks like you went with a Harley custom seat. And please tell how you made, or had fabricated your tank and side cover badges? They look great!

Scott

ezroller

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 06:46:10 am »
That looks really slick!

Offline KB02

• Take it easy there, Sonny, I'm an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 07:07:26 am »
Congrats on both the build and finding the girl that makes selling your bike worthwhile...seriously

+1000   

For me it was buying a house that made me sell the SOHC... granted I had my other bikes to ride... and my SOHC didn't look nearly as cool as yours.  ;)

Seriously, that is one great looking bike you've got there. Well done.
1978 CB750K Project
2000 Ducati ST2
...and a pedal bike

Join the AMA today!!

My project thread Part I: K8 Project "Parts Bike"
My project thread Part II: Finishing (yeah, right) touches on Project "Parts Bike"

Offline cleveland

• Expert
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 07:27:04 am »
Nice work!

Offline Patrick

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 07:36:09 am »
Nice bike! The lack of a front brake would seem frightening, but I've been married for 27 years so I have absolutely no fear of death.

hUSH, what happened to your handle? I really liked the e.e. cumming thing you had going...

Patrick
1970 CB750 K0
1982 VF750S Sabre
1987 VT1100 Shadow
1979 Yamaha XS11
1969 Yamaha DT1B
etc.

Offline greenjeans

• Industrial strengthed dreamer.
  • Old Timer
  • 1972 CB750K2
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 08:07:13 am »
Great job Chopstar & congratulations too.

If you doesn't already have something lined up to work on next, I know you soon will.  Best wishes
Yep, I'm the kid that figured out how to put things back together...eventually.

Offline strangedaze39

• Hot Shot
  • 1972 CB350F
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 08:54:42 am »
no front brake? never understood that one. i could do without the rear, but never the front...
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I agree, thats a accident waiting to happen. GREAT looking bike though, not my style but obviously a great build with lot of detail.

1972 Honda CB350F

Offline chopstar500

• Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 10:26:29 am »
Thanks again for all of the compliments. I expected a ton of replies on the lack of front brake action - I have to tell ya, I haven't once felt uncomfortable riding without it - and that includes my neighbor backing out of her driveway while I was raging down my road (dirt) on a test run - it stops pretty well for the riding that I intended to do (backstreet stuff). Granted, emegrency stops would be a #$%* - but if you're gonna die, might as well be on a SOHC!  ;) Seriously though, regular stopping with the brake and downshifting is just fine - I've had more than enough stopping distance everytime I've had to stop & it never scared me. I know that there's not a lot of chopper guys here, but those dudes have been flying sans front brakes for years - albeit minus a few brain cells.

Question about the tank - its just a stocker with the tank badge recesses filled & smoothed - custom "Four Pack" graphics and paint by yours truly. The side covers are aftermarket units with a set of chrome (metal) Pro Street emblems that I found online somewhere.

More pics coming soon - with the girl too!

Offline chopstar500

• Enthusiast
As promised... a few more pics + some of my girl:

Offline seaweb11

• 1st Mate &
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Ride & Smile
    • Playground Directory
Beautiful job.

How much are you looking for? $$

...... someone had to ask ;)

Offline chopstar500

• Enthusiast
Beautiful job.

How much are you looking for? $$

...... someone had to ask ;)

I suppose that's the million dollar question... everyone has been telling me to list it for at least $4500 - of course they know nothing about the SOHC market. I've got a straight $4000 into the project between the "donor" bike and new parts. The bike is basically 90% brand new - only stock remaining items are the frame, engine, carbs, tank, triple tree, and wheel hubs - eveything else is brand new.

I don't know... any thoughts on fair market value?

Offline void909

• Hot Shot
Great looking Bike! Where did you get the blue fuel lines and do you like them?
knock with no answer

Offline chopstar500

• Enthusiast
Great looking Bike! Where did you get the blue fuel lines and do you like them?

Got them from Dennis Kirk - it's the Parts Unlimited stuff - Blue Poly - 1/4" for gas lines & 1/8" for drain tubes. I'm pretty happy - I use clamps on the fuel lines - no need on the drains - tight as hell.