Author Topic: New-be with questions  (Read 755 times)

racer4hire

New-be with questions
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:02:26 am »
I recently bought my first honda, a beater 1976 cb750k. The idea was to have a classic weekend cruiser. it sounded like a good idea at the time. I rode around on weekends for a while and then decided to do a tune up. The number 1 plug broke off in the head. that lead to two broken sockets and a broken snap-on ratchet trying to easy-out the broken piece. That lead to and engine removal, tear down and a used ebay head.
while prepping for re-assembly I noticed only one oiling orifice in the head, both holes had o-rings but only one oiler. I checked my original head and it is the same way=only one oiler. I then checked the tips and tricks section and found a picture that shows two. my questions(finally) are this: what is the likelyhood of both heads missing the same oiler? were there years that only used one? (1976) should I take the orifice out of my old head and add it to the new one? should I remove the existing one and not run them?
thanks for your time
=eric=

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
Re: New-be with questions
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 12:20:26 pm »
The very early 750 heads didn't use orifices, just a drilled passage in the head.  I think it switched over at K2.  All later heads should have two orifices.  Personally I'd take the one from your old head and install it in teh new head.

#6:

mystic_1
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0