Author Topic: UK members, who can help with shipping ??  (Read 1489 times)

Offline kayaker43

• Hot Shot
UK members, who can help with shipping ??
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:58 am »
I'm hoping a fellow UK sohc'er can help me with shipping an item I'm purchasing on Ebay UK??

I can reciprocate if you ever need anything sourced or shipped from the US. Will be happy to pay for your trouble as well. Unfortunately its a bulky wheel and the seller won't ship outside the UK.

Presumably you could use the same packaging he ships it to you in and just change labels before sending it to me. I can research shipping options to save you the time.

I need to know fairly soon if this is possible, but then shipping is no rush. PM me or e-mail Doug at hobbyvac@yahoo.com

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
Re: UK members, who can help with shipping ??
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:23:16 am »
hi doug    you have mail

Offline mcpuffett

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:36:39 pm »
Hi Doug, what is it you are wanting shipped ? cheers Mick.
Honda CB750 KO 1970,   Honda VTX 1300 2006, Lancaster England.

Offline kayaker43

• Hot Shot
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 02:23:27 pm »
Its a mag wheel and tire so its a bit bulky. Got another offer already but I'll come begging if it falls through. I still have to win the auction.

Doug

Offline dave400

• Hot Shot
  • Super Lamb Banana
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:55:04 pm »
What part of the UK is the wheel located Doug?

Offline kayaker43

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 04:29:37 pm »
The auction says Coventry, Warwickshire? That could be on the moon for all I know?

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:31:02 pm »
Thats about 50 miles from me BE ADVISED UK post office is more expensive than US but will still do surface, just takes longer UPS is dearer still
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

Offline dave400

• Hot Shot
  • Super Lamb Banana
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 09:09:55 am »
The auction says Coventry, Warwickshire? That could be on the moon for all I know?

The wheel is a bit far away for collection by me and save you some postage £’s but if you buy it and need any help getting it sent on to you, then let me know. By the way I had two mag wheels sent in the post for a reasonable price using ANC Carriers and much cheaper than the UK post office parcels.

http://www.p4d.co.uk/tariff_anc.htm

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:12:07 am by dave400 »

Offline kayaker43

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:17 am »
Wow,.. I can't believe how helpful sohc'ers are. I belong to many forums but this one is all about sharing info and helping. Thanks we'll see how the auction goes?

Doug

Offline GroovieGhoulie

• Master
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 05:09:02 am »
On a related note, could I ask a similar favor?  I am looking to convert the huge Gold Wing indicators on my 400F to the smaller UK-spec winkers and I found a front and rear set, along with the brackets (the hard part), on eBay and it seems the seller will only post to the UK. 

If I win the auctions, would someone be willing to accept them, and then ship them over to me?  I will gladly pay anything needed of course.  I can do paypal or some sort of international money order, if that is preferred.

Thanks!

Offline dave400

• Hot Shot
  • Super Lamb Banana
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 08:53:57 am »
On a related note, could I ask a similar favor?  I am looking to convert the huge Gold Wing indicators on my 400F to the smaller UK-spec winkers and I found a front and rear set, along with the brackets (the hard part), on eBay and it seems the seller will only post to the UK. 

If I win the auctions, would someone be willing to accept them, and then ship them over to me?  I will gladly pay anything needed of course.  I can do paypal or some sort of international money order, if that is preferred.

Thanks!

Let me know if you win the auctions and I'll forward the parts.

Offline ChrisR

• Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:07:23 am »
GG - David Silver lists UK spec indicators and the rear stems if you have no luck with your auction - you get more pound for your dollar now, too!
Chris
ChrisR
1977 CB550F
1975 CB550K

Offline SteveD CB500F

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timer
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • TVAM
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:39:37 am »
Certainly check the DSS prices for NOS parts before bidding on used (and don't go over it!)

I once emailed a seller and told him that new parts were cheaper (bad idea...)
SOHC4 Member #2393
2015 Tiger 800 XRT
1971 CB500K0 (US Model)

Offline mcpuffett

• Master
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 11:20:24 am »
Done the same thing myself Steve, and he was'nt happy  :-X, cheers Mick.
Honda CB750 KO 1970,   Honda VTX 1300 2006, Lancaster England.

Offline dave400

• Hot Shot
  • Super Lamb Banana
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 11:56:04 am »
GG - David Silver lists UK spec indicators and the rear stems if you have no luck with your auction - you get more pound for your dollar now, too!
Chris

Those indicators he lists are not the same quality as the Stanley items. I’ve got a couple and they're nasty things.

chopper550

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 02:36:35 pm »
anyone need help with shipping from uk let me know ill do what i can no probs loz :)

Offline GroovieGhoulie

• Master
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 09:32:15 pm »
I'll probably get the rear stems from DSS, and I can find the smaller Stanley items off of earlier US bikes, but the 400F headlight bracket with the smaller-sized crossbar for the winkers is UK specific, and I've been looking for a bracket for over three years now.

I missed the auctions because I am sick and I fell asleep, but I'll keep my eyes peeled, and if any UK members have a spare UK 400F headlight bracket, or know of one, please let me know.

Offline bryanj

• Really Old Timer ...
  • CB500 Number 1000036
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:06 pm »
The 400 bracket you need is 61313-377-610B
Semi Geriatric ex-Honda mechanic and MOT tester (UK version of annual inspection). Garage full of "projects" mostly 500/4 from pre 73 (no road tax in UK).

Remember "Its always in the last place you look" COURSE IT IS YOU STOP LOOKIN THEN!

Offline kent400

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 01:38:47 pm »
The difference between the U.S. and the U.K. 400f headlamp bracket is only the diameter of the turn signal mounting tube. It's quite a simple process to cut off the larger tube and fit a tube of 14mm diameter to suit the smaller U.K type.
The mounting tube is little more than 'tack' welded onto the bracket so it easy to replace it. Needs to have a couple of holes for the wires of course. The original tube is splined at each end, obviously you can't replicate that but the pinch bolt on the turn signals is enough to stop them moving. The U.K. headlamp bracket hasn't been available for years so the only option is to repair them. Not sure if 14mm tube is easily available in U.S. If you want to do that but can't find the correct size let me know, I have 12 feet of it the garage!

Offline GroovieGhoulie

• Master
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 05:55:06 pm »
I've got a spare US bracket, and I never knew the proper diameter of the crossbar.  Now I'll seek out some 14mm tube and see what I can make happen.  Sure, a factory part would be nice, but I guess they're too rare.

Thanks!