Author Topic: led tail/brake question  (Read 736 times)

admiket

led tail/brake question
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:03:54 am »
i installed a led tail/brake light on my 1975 CB550 when i did my cafe tail. with the head light off, when i hit the brake both brake and head light light up. if i unplug the tail light every thing work like it should. my question is this going hurt anything? do i need to run a power from the batt to tail?

gilesclement

Re: led tail/brake question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:22:35 am »
probably wont hurt anything but you've clearly go some wires mixed up.

Offline JS550

• the artist formerly known as
  • Hot Shot
  • IAFF local 1307
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:27:27 am »
yeah, you need the wiring diagram. The headlight should not do that. Sounds like your headlight is wired in to your brakelight in the headlight bucket.
If you're worried about how many calories are in beer, is losing weight really your biggest problem?

admiket

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:30:00 am »
if i plug my stock light in i have no problems. the led light is a 12 bulb light, 6 tail and 12 brake. i think the brake is feeding power trough the tail circuit.

Offline JS550

• the artist formerly known as
  • Hot Shot
  • IAFF local 1307
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 01:06:43 pm »
 ??? Im not sure. But have you double checked your connections in the main hook up in the hl bucket? My brother has an LED on his 550 & when we hooked it up the brake light works great but you only have a taillight at about 1500+ rpms. It has a blue dot that stays light but the rest of it doesnt untill the engine revs are up. I would take a look at the wiring diagram though before I wired something direct to the taillight.
If you're worried about how many calories are in beer, is losing weight really your biggest problem?