Author Topic: almost finished..... almost  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
almost finished..... almost
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:53:33 pm »
started this build about a year? ago. did not take any pics during, in fact I dont think I even took any at the begining. anyway her she is.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: almost finished..... almost
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:54:40 pm »
the first pic is just for reference. It actually looked worse.

Offline Toxic

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:08:19 pm »
You can be forgiven for not posting a build thread if you post more pics of the finished bike. ;D

More close up pics would be great.
-tank
-front and rear wheels
-engine
-etc. etc

Awesome looking bike.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 02:29:44 pm »

the motor was painted by the previous owner. One of those good from a far jobs but far from good. I am actually not sure it even runs.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:32:15 pm by 71cb750 »

Offline Toxic

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 04:09:06 am »
Thanks

Love that tank...very classey

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 05:08:46 am »
I was going to ask when you were going to grind off that pretty green stripe on the rear tire but then I see the engine isn't running yet.....keep going it's looking good. :)
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:20:15 pm »
okay, no update in the pics department, but I did get it running tonight. very excited about that. wired this weekend and decided to check spark. 2 3 had spark 1 and 4 none. pulled the points cover, no points or condensor on 1 and 4. mystery solved. after messing with it for an hour or two I got the points lined out. got it to run for a second and then died. Motor had an oil pressure guage from previous owner that immediately started to leak. removed it, teflon tape on the treads and then commensed to snap it off. removed a stock cap/bung? from a spare motor and replaced. problem solved. need to finish fine tuning the timing and tidy up all the little things -like brakes, headlight etc. but I am pretty excited. BTW , anyone have a late model caliper they want to sell. this one has a snapped bleeder.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 07:57:00 pm »
have been chasing my tail trying to get this sucker running for more than ten seconds. Checked the timing and rechecked. seemed good. had good spark too. plugs were pretty wet. pulled the bowls and checked the floats. also ok. cleaned the idle jets and thought might as well check the mains. pulled one and it seemed clean. also seemed very large. Go get my magnifying glass and WOW 145 mains. put in 105 jets and now it runs pretty darn smooth. very relieved to get that sorted. now to tidy up the wiring. I might actually finish in a week or two. I am anxious to take some on the road pics.

moral of the story, read those little tiny numbers.