Author Topic: She got me! the A$$ RAPE FAIRY THAT IS!  (Read 1505 times)

Offline shizzomynizzo

• Hot Shot
  • It's 5 o'clock somewhere
She got me! the A$$ RAPE FAIRY THAT IS!
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:30 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH and it still hurts!

I drove my 550 up to the tip of the thumb in michigan, port austin. I met my father on his harley up there. Smooth 3 and a half hour dive there... no troubles. Rode nice all weekend, until I left.

As soon as I got about 30 minutes into the drive home, I got raped!

Cylinder 2&3 stopped firing. My 60 mph cruise went down to 35 and that's with full throttle. I was so disappointed in her. I just changed out the condensers and points about a month ago with a complete tune up. Valves, timing, carbs rebuillt, synched, etc.

It was running on 2 cylinders when I bought the bike, but the problem disappeared with the new points and condensers. I didn't have a multimeter on me, so I couldn't check the coil the proper way. I traced all the wiring though, and it looked good; clean uninterrupted connections. I cleaned all the electrical connections with the tune up as well.

Has anyone had a coil go out like this? Does anyone have a spare 550 coil they could sell me?  ;D

I have had some bad experience with Feebay and would really like to deal with someone off here instead. I called the local salvage and he wants $60 :o. I could get a brand new dyna 5 ohms for that! I can pay someone for a coil, but I am on unemployment and money is tight.

My dad has always been a harley guy and thinks it's so funny I broke down. I ended up leaving the bike in a guys shed and riding home on the back of my dads hog ... that's why it still hurts  ;)  I know, I know I hear the laughs.
1974 CB550
1985 XLX Last of the IH
2001 Street Glide

Offline cb550fcafe

• Hot Shot
    • KDI Cycles
Re: She got me! the A$$ RAPE FAIRY THAT IS!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:19:36 pm »
Sorry to hear about your bad ride. I also had the same issue, turned out to be bad solder joint on the yellow wire at the coil. Wire was still connected but not making a good connection to coil. Simply resoldered and it was fixed. After that I got a hold of Hnda man and ordered his ignition. Its well worth the money, my engine has never run so good.

Offline shizzomynizzo

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:31:26 pm »
I know everyone likes pics, so here is one from the trip

1974 CB550
1985 XLX Last of the IH
2001 Street Glide

Offline KCRSXTypeS

• Enthusiast
  • 1973 CB500
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:46 pm »
:o :o :o :o :o OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH and it still hurts!

I drove my 550 up to the tip of the thumb in michigan, port austin. I met my father on his harley up there. Smooth 3 and a half hour dive there... no troubles. Rode nice all weekend, until I left.

As soon as I got about 30 minutes into the drive home, I got raped!

Cylinder 2&3 stopped firing. My 60 mph cruise went down to 35 and that's with full throttle. I was so disappointed in her. I just changed out the condensers and points about a month ago with a complete tune up. Valves, timing, carbs rebuillt, synched, etc.

It was running on 2 cylinders when I bought the bike, but the problem disappeared with the new points and condensers. I didn't have a multimeter on me, so I couldn't check the coil the proper way. I traced all the wiring though, and it looked good; clean uninterrupted connections. I cleaned all the electrical connections with the tune up as well.

Has anyone had a coil go out like this? Does anyone have a spare 550 coil they could sell me?  ;D

I have had some bad experience with Feebay and would really like to deal with someone off here instead. I called the local salvage and he wants $60 :o. I could get a brand new dyna 5 ohms for that! I can pay someone for a coil, but I am on unemployment and money is tight.

My dad has always been a harley guy and thinks it's so funny I broke down. I ended up leaving the bike in a guys shed and riding home on the back of my dads hog ... that's why it still hurts  ;)  I know, I know I hear the laughs.

Tell your Dad that you and him should both drain all the oil out of each of your bikes and turn them on and let them run.  I guarantee that his will seize in under an hour and yours will run just fine for several hours.  Harleys are POS

Offline razor02097

• Not a fool, just an
  • Expert
  • Yes its a Honda You got an F'in problem with that?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 03:35:11 pm »
neh lets see how if his harley runs in 10 years
Project Rina

That is an inconceivably egregious transgression against my rudimentary concordance of socially shunned individuals.

Offline honda750k

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »
I can hook ya up with some 4 ohm coils off a ZX1000, they should work for your needs.  IF you want to go that route that is.
These bikes dont die, they hibernate until the right person wakes them up again.

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 03:49:05 pm »
Damn that ass rape fairy.
"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline fmctm1sw

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 04:27:20 pm »
Wasn't aware the M.A.R.F. was a female..  Oh well, I learn something new every day!
Quote from: 754
Dude is that a tire ? or an O-ring..??

Quote from: inkscars
This is not a pod thread
This is not a #$%* on my vacuum gauges thread
This is a help or GTFO thread.

1973 CB350F
1973 CB350G
1975 CB550K
1983 GL650I
1973 CB750K3 (http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=92888.0)
1984 Kawasaki KLT-250 (AKA 3 wheeler of death)
1994 Honda TRX300
1999 Honda TRX250

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 08:48:50 pm »
i've been stranded out in BFE twice with 2 cylinders dropping off. once was a bad coil, 3 days later, same area, a bad dyna module.
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 08:54:49 pm »
Someone chuck this young fellah a spare coil, he has enough to worry about with a father who owns a Harley without his bike breaking down. :)
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:09 pm »
I do have a spare coil you can have, worked great when I took it off the bike about 2 months ago.. Came off a 75 CB550F. Shoot me a PM if you want it I will mail it out to you asap...

Scott..
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline Lars

• Hot Shot
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 02:54:24 am »
It is pretty rare that coils just brake down, I would really inspect the wiring once more.

Had the same problem once, and it turned out that it was the black and white wire that had a poor connection in the joint. Just pushed it right back and never had a problem since.
Lars
...if you got the ability to act...

Offline shizzomynizzo

• Hot Shot
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 09:37:19 am »
Thanks guys for the help and understanding. I'm going to pick it up this weekend and hopefully she'll be back on the road right after I get home.

I could have probably ridden a lot farther on 2 cylinders, but I didn't want to risk damage to anything.
1974 CB550
1985 XLX Last of the IH
2001 Street Glide

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 11:16:04 am »
Yea that's a good call on your part.. don't want to make things worse..
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  |