Author Topic: Clear and Correct Wiring Diagram for CB750F3?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Thor's Hammer!

• Enthusiast
Clear and Correct Wiring Diagram for CB750F3?
« on: November 25, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »
Hi guys,

Looking for a clear 7 readable diagram for my 1978 F3.  I have a Clymer manual which says to be the twelfth edit published in 1998.  The 1978 CB750F diagram is wrong through (showing I would have red solid wires which I don't) and almost unreadable as well...it's very difficult to follow some of the wiring runs where they overlap one another and various junctions.

I pulled down the electronic factory manual having the supplemental wiring diagram for the 1978F3.  I can't blow it up enough to read it from the PDF file.

Anybody have or or know where I can find a clear and readable 78 F3 wiring diagram?

1978 Honda CB750F : 2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
Re: Clear and Correct Wiring Diagram for CB750F3?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 04:08:09 pm »
Einyodeler has a copy of 1978 K8-F3 shop manual hosted in our FAQ. Here's a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ttzdg9yyuz

If it's hard to read on screen, try printing it out at high res
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline Thor's Hammer!

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 04:18:59 pm »
Thanks Scondon,

That's the same online guide I had already looked at.  It doesn't print any better than it is displayed on my 19" flat panel display, even printing at the highest quality.

The honda diagram is much easier to read than the Clymer one...but it just fuzzy enough not to be able to read the colors and words on the page.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 04:31:34 pm »
I see a 78 750F on the bottom of this page.  Hope its the one you are looking for.

http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/WiringDiagrams/MCwiring.php#class
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 04:39:54 pm »
Yeah, the scanned digital type is tough to get clarity on type so small. There's also a 69-78 750 shop manual in the FAQ, but it is HUGE download time and I can't say if it's any more legible than the one you have. Haynes manuals have the F3 diagram if you want one in print. Or you can cross reference the diagram you have with this wiring spec chart from Mike Nixon:

http://www.motorcycleproject.com/motorcycle/text/clrcode2.html
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline Thor's Hammer!

• Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:20:52 pm »
I see a 78 750F on the bottom of this page.  Hope its the one you are looking for.

http://oldmanhonda.com/MC/WiringDiagrams/MCwiring.php#class

Dude!!!  You rock!  This is by far the best diagram visually.  The only concern is that it is the Clymer diagram, albeit much more detailed, but it still shows red wires in the harness.  I have no read anywhere and i am sure I have the factory harness.

I will study this diagram and see if I can figure out what to substitute for RED.

Thanks again everybody!..Really appreciate the help!

Offline Thor's Hammer!

• Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 05:35:30 pm »
Yeah, the scanned digital type is tough to get clarity on type so small. There's also a 69-78 750 shop manual in the FAQ, but it is HUGE download time and I can't say if it's any more legible than the one you have. Haynes manuals have the F3 diagram if you want one in print. Or you can cross reference the diagram you have with this wiring spec chart from Mike Nixon:

http://www.motorcycleproject.com/motorcycle/text/clrcode2.html

Thanks again Scondon.

Yeah...the 1300+ page guide is the first one I downloaded....tons of stuff...it had the suplement for 1978 CB750F as well...perhaps a little worse than the link you gave in your first response.  Both manuals' diagrams aren't readable though.

I appreciate the time you took to respond all the same though!