Author Topic: Nightly Youtube ? Surprise us !  (Read 183099 times)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
Re: Nightly Youtube ? Surprise us !
« Reply #1625 on: June 29, 2013, 04:18:32 pm »
I was going to make a comment on protective clothing until I saw he was wearing a black T shirt. Everyone knows that black T shirts are way tougher than leather jackets, and boots, and gloves............ ;D

Go hard on his white riding boots then.... ;D ;D :o
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Reply #1626 on: June 29, 2013, 05:56:22 pm »
One day it will hit home. In the meantime some encouragement please.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Les Ross.            Certified by a Professional

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #1627 on: July 03, 2013, 02:45:22 am »
Ha ha, it won't be me crying if you come off mate, have you ever had your arse scrubbed with a wire brush to remove all the gravel you accumualte in your wounds when you go bouncing down the road? This is usually done without anaesthetic, and if you've never wished you were dead, you'd change your mind very early in this procedure........ ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline LesterPiglet

• Old Timer
  • 1977 CB550F2
« Reply #1628 on: July 03, 2013, 06:44:30 am »
Class video.
Honda "Hands"
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Draw and drawer. Could care less/couldn't care less. Bought/brought FFS.

Les Ross.            Certified by a Professional

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1629 on: July 04, 2013, 01:41:33 am »
Well "mate" yes I have been there. Years of racing down hill and growing up racing motocross.. I've had my fare share of trips to the e.r. Its not uncharted territory.

And yes, "protective clothing" helps. If I am going for lenghty ride. Far from home, then yes. I wear my "protective clothing". But quick burn up the road in this heat. Then I'm not going to over stress it.

Funny.. Something my grandfather said to me once, when some guy asked him to going a car club with his 32 t-bucket...
"Car clubs are like a package of hot dogs. They look good.. They stick together.. look like a good idea at first.. Thought is tempting... But no matter how you see it, theres always some pussy's and #$%*s in them, in shape of dicks."

Hahahaha.

Oh well, fair enough pal, (I won't call you mate anymore, obviously it offends you......) but you're not well versed in crash statistics, or you'd know that only 1% of accidents happen more than 50 miles from home, so if you had half a brain, (and not a head full of hotdogs) you'd wear decent protective gear. http://www.calculateme.com/car-insurance-articles/where-accidents-happen.htm
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline MCRider

• Such is the life of a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Today's Lesson: One good turn deserves another.
« Reply #1630 on: July 04, 2013, 06:24:31 am »
Well "mate" yes I have been there. Years of racing down hill and growing up racing motocross.. I've had my fare share of trips to the e.r. Its not uncharted territory.

And yes, "protective clothing" helps. If I am going for lenghty ride. Far from home, then yes. I wear my "protective clothing". But quick burn up the road in this heat. Then I'm not going to over stress it.

Funny.. Something my grandfather said to me once, when some guy asked him to going a car club with his 32 t-bucket...
"Car clubs are like a package of hot dogs. They look good.. They stick together.. look like a good idea at first.. Thought is tempting... But no matter how you see it, theres always some pussy's and #$%*s in them, in shape of dicks."

Hahahaha.

Oh well, fair enough pal, (I won't call you mate anymore, obviously it offends you......) but you're not well versed in crash statistics, or you'd know that only 1% of accidents happen more than 50 miles from home, so if you had half a brain, (and not a head full of hotdogs) you'd wear decent protective gear. http://www.calculateme.com/car-insurance-articles/where-accidents-happen.htm
Gotta agree. The "quick burn up the road" is the time to suit up. Along with the long burn. Can't get away from protective clothing at all times.
Ride Safe:
Ron
1988 NT650 HawkGT;  1978 CB400 Hawk;  1975 CB750F -Free Bird; 1968 CB77 Super Hawk -Ticker;  Phaedrus 1972 CB750K2- Build Thread
"Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see, lately it appears to me, what a long, strange trip its been."

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #1631 on: July 04, 2013, 09:21:46 pm »
So.....what kind of oil should I put in my bike?

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #1632 on: July 04, 2013, 11:55:39 pm »

Hahahaha.

100% correct, It seems common sense isn't that common any more.....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1633 on: July 05, 2013, 03:46:14 am »

Offline toytuff

• "watching the pinheads"
  • Old Timer
« Reply #1634 on: July 13, 2013, 03:03:59 pm »
Gee, would not want to be PC.

tt

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:18:46 pm by toytuff »

Offline Ichiban 4

• "Ichi"
  • Hot Shot
  • A "Boomer" still going strong.
« Reply #1635 on: July 13, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »
tt

Asiana pilots

Yeah..kind of funny to us Westerners..but has caused a lot of controversy about insensitivity to other cultures now.  Saw a news report today where the TV station reporting initially..issued an apology for getting the names wrong..apparently poking fun in a life threatening situation.

Would personally like to add that being this is a website based upon Japanese/Asian motorcycles (and being married to a Japanese lady myself)..we need to be careful not to appear racist or derogatory to other cultures..even if out of ignorance.  In this case..would prefer to not have to see this sort of stuff again.  But realize this may be simply my personal opinion. Thanks for listening..

Ichi
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:33:39 pm by Ichiban 4 »
Al Summers

Present: '77 550K
Past: '73 CB450(twin), '72 CB175, '68 CB350, '58 Ariel Square 4 (1000cc), '58 Matchless Typhoon (650cc single), Whizzer Motorbikes '48 -'55 (Pacemaker & Sportsman)..Vespa, Lambretta scooters..etc.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1636 on: July 14, 2013, 02:59:12 am »

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #1637 on: July 14, 2013, 09:06:14 am »
tt

Asiana pilots

Yeah..kind of funny to us Westerners..

The story here is the sorry state of journalism these days. Not plays on words with foreign names or insensitivity towards those killed or injured.  People don't offend us, we allow ourselves to be offended.
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Offline Spikeybike

• when planting C4 at your enemy's base make sure you don't use a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • member #1150
« Reply #1638 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:18 am »
how dare you say that !!   ...   i'm not easily offended , but that's very offensive ..   and i should know, cuz i'm king of the universe ..this is the internet for christ sake    . i expect a full apology, on video, transcripted ..in triplicate   

Offline reliv77

• Enthusiast
« Reply #1639 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »

My 71 Ford Thunderbird when I am not on my 77 750 Supersport. Just stuck in the 70's. Hell still have my Girlfriend / Wife from the 70's.

http://youtu.be/M6NF65vNXIk
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:33:06 pm by reliv77 »

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1640 on: July 15, 2013, 01:13:24 am »

My 71 Ford Thunderbird when I am not on my 77 750 Supersport. Just stuck in the 70's. Hell still have my Girlfriend / Wife from the 70's.

http://youtu.be/M6NF65vNXIk

Well you've obviously offended someone mate, they've blocked your youtube clip! ;D

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1641 on: July 15, 2013, 01:24:54 am »
Here's a nice positive one. ;D

Monty Python- I Like Chinese (1980)

Offline kghost

• Really Old Timer ...
  • www.facebook.com/RetroMecanicaAustralia
« Reply #1642 on: July 15, 2013, 03:01:46 pm »
Terry isn't racist. He offends everyone equally.
Stranger in a strange land

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1643 on: July 16, 2013, 04:36:07 am »
That's right Tim, there was a competition on the radio and all I had to answer was the question, "What's the race that stops the nation?" So I rang up and confidently stated, "Abo's"..........

How the hell did I know they were talking about the Melbourne Cup? ;D

Offline toytuff

• "watching the pinheads"
  • Old Timer
« Reply #1644 on: July 16, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »
I must admit this is funny. I laugh everytime I see it.

tt

http://youtu.be/bhGV23y1zgg

Offline Stretch

• Enthusiast
  • They ain't all dirt roads!
« Reply #1645 on: July 16, 2013, 08:50:33 pm »
'78 CB750K
An assortment of Hondas, mostly V4s

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #1646 on: July 18, 2013, 02:09:06 am »
I must admit this is funny. I laugh everytime I see it.

tt

http://youtu.be/bhGV23y1zgg

That poor little seal............. ;D

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four

Offline nccb

• Expert
  • 1974 CB750 Four
« Reply #1648 on: August 11, 2013, 05:24:02 pm »

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #1649 on: September 06, 2013, 11:29:23 am »
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon