Author Topic: tarozzi rear sets for a 550f? Also a few Q's for Raask users.  (Read 1453 times)

Offline d3buttz

• More than just an
  • Hot Shot
 fabrication of rear set mounts is too much work, and my neighbor(has a 550f) wants the tarozzi's also. I really like the quality and adjustability of them.  We are looking for the ease of the bolt on sets. questions below-
I know the 500/550k's have the same frames but the 550f's have different rear brake frame geometry's.
--Has anyone found out if the tarozzi rear sets for the k's(full kit-linkage/mounts etc) wiil bolt right up to the 550f?

A forum member/neighbor wants them-but im hesitant about having him ordering it if we will have to modify them in the end.

So if tarozzi doesnt make the f option

I know Raask makes a full bolt on kit for both k's and f's- but the quality is questionable by the looks of them.
--Does the kick starter clear the Raask's folding peg and shifter arm?
--what are your likes and dislikes of the raasks from your experience?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:43:02 pm by d3buttz »
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=80508.0

1975 cb750f
1975 cb550k
1972 cb350k
1974 tl125
1996 Nissan pathfinder
1972 Datsun 240z
2002 Nissan sentra se-r spec-v

Offline smack

Re: tarozzi rear sets for a 550f? Also a few Q's for Raask users.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:31:07 pm »
hey, i actually just sold my raask rear sets on this forum
about a week ago. i had them on my 550F. I only had them
on my bike for a few months. Personally, I didn't think they
were worth the money. the tarozzi's are more expensive
but I agree with you that the quality seems a lot better.
the raask's seem pretty cheap to me and you cannot use
your kick start. i ended up going back to the original
foot pegs. i would probably spend the extra cash and get
some better quality rear sets if i were to do it again,
plus, the raask's really only bring your foot up and back
about 5" wasn't worth the loss of the kick start to me.
hope this helps.

Offline Flying J

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:35:47 pm »
i wass looking at the tarozzis today and was thinking that if i did buy them i might buy the ones for the 750k drum brake. or i might buy the universal version but again you would have to fab up a place to mount them.

Offline SUELZER

• Active
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:15:41 pm »
Very interested what you decided to do ffj. i am in the exact same frame of mind at the moment, i have a 76 550f and have scoured the net looking for options/answers.

this is from a very old sohc thread
Well my project pretty much stalled out this summer and as a result it's been awhile since i've been on the forum. I have not gone to rearsets yet but in doing the research i found that the Tarozzi cb500 kit will fit our 1975 cb550's. Fastfromthepast.com has a good site and the best price unless you really do some searching out in the market.

in the end i will probably just contact FFP if i decide tarozzis are the way to go.
i found the universal rearsets that dimecity's selling also (very inexpensive), but as i continued reading other threads, sounds like its totally worth finding a set of sets specific to the bike...trial and error seems costly.
1976 Honda 550F
1993 Ducati 900ss
1979 Honda 750F