Author Topic: 'Deus Special' HD Nightster Cafe Racer-ish Build  (Read 11354 times)

Offline no718.com

• No.718 Brand
'Deus Special' HD Nightster Cafe Racer-ish Build
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:03:06 pm »
Loving this one . . . http://www.deus.com.au/#/bikes/motorcycles/customs/deus-v-twin-special/

2009 Harley Davidson "nightster". 19" dia front wheel, 18" dia rear wheel, alloy rims, stainless spokes, Dunlop tires, Ikon front and rear suspension, 2 into1 exhaust with ceramic black coating, re-mapped injection, Storz rearset pegs, clip on bars, electronic speedo, SR 400 tank, solo seat, trimmed front and rear fenders, LED stop lights and custom paint.

Offline sangyo soichiro

• Tuck
  • Master
  • ☢ the atomic playboy ☠
Re: 'Deus Special' HD Nightster Cafe Racer-ish Build
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:38:40 pm »
That's got a little IC in it.   ;)
1974 CB 750
1972 CB 750 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,57974.0.html
1971 CL 350 Scrambler
1966 Black Bomber
Too many others to name…
My cross country trip: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,138625.0.html

Offline KeithTurk

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:38:48 pm »
hmmm  not really a fan... and normally I love Cafe bikes that aren't Clones...

Offline no718.com

• No.718 Brand
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:26:00 pm »
IC?

Offline sangyo soichiro

• Tuck
  • Master
  • ☢ the atomic playboy ☠
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30:19 pm »
IC?

Sorry.
Forum member Industrial Cafe.  He has a penchant for holes.   :)
1974 CB 750
1972 CB 750 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,57974.0.html
1971 CL 350 Scrambler
1966 Black Bomber
Too many others to name…
My cross country trip: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,138625.0.html

Offline no718.com

• No.718 Brand
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:33:58 pm »
yeah def too many holes.

Offline bluefield dan

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »
                   I love that bike. That's what all Sportsters want to be. And nothing's lighter than a hole. ;D

Offline no718.com

• No.718 Brand
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 06:42:18 pm »
Wow I had no clue HD was so despised in here? I drive a '78 750 and I'm pretty proud of it. But c'mon, am I not entitled to appreciate unique builds when I see them whether they be American, Japanese, German, Italian etc.?

Offline Cbowers

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 07:12:40 pm »
Wow I had no clue HD was so despised in here? I drive a '78 750 and I'm pretty proud of it. But c'mon, am I not entitled to appreciate unique builds when I see them whether they be American, Japanese, German, Italian etc.?

I really don't think they are, there are a lot of guys in here that own a Harley. Harley is doing what ever other manufacture is doing, broadening their product range to appeal to all types of people. Like everyone else they are ruining their image and producing some ugly bikes.....But welcome to the 21st century....hell theres not even any good gansta rap anymore!

Offline Gordon

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • 750K1, 550K2
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 08:13:58 pm »
Wow I had no clue HD was so despised in here?

Don't blame the whole forum on a few people's opinions. 

It's my opinion that those who hate Harley-Davidsons just because they're Harley-Davidsons are no better than the Harley riders who hate any "Jap-crap". 

Offline KeithTurk

• Hot Shot
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 08:25:27 pm »
My travelling bike is a Buell Ulysses.... it's got a 1200 sportster engine made by Harley.. and I go to the Harley dealer to sort out my warranty issues....

My comment was based on the back of that bike that looked proportionally bobbed to death .... and the feet controls are in the exact wrong place for the style.... so while it might look disco bit#hen... it's just rather average in it's design...

like I said... I really dig cafe bikes... and loved the XLCR... this thing is just a cut up version of a scooter...

not a hater.... just not a fan... 

Great part is.... YOU dig it... which makes it Perfect..

K

traveler

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 08:34:31 pm »
It's a REAL cafe bike.  Too many think a stocker with clubman's is cafe.

Real cafe bikes, were not built around one brand loyalty.  What is a Triton???  A Norton that had the motor taken out and tossed away, and swapped in a Triumph motor.  A Norvin is a Vincent engined Norton.  Why?  Because the Norton was an undersquare motor that wouldn't take rev's like a Triumph....but the Norton Featherbed frame and suspension was #1.

Until the CB750 showed up....then the whole game changed.

In short.....cafe racers are built to handle well, brake well, and be LIGHT.

That 1200 Fuel Injected sporty chopped down and set up for cornering is more cafe than most you see these days.

IMHO, of course.

~Joe
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:39:39 pm by traveler »

Offline shane

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:43 pm »
I dont care whether it conforms to "cafe standards" or not, i dig it...

those deus guys make some sweet builds.

Offline no718.com

• No.718 Brand
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 05:40:43 am »
True true. You all make valid points. We all dig riding on two wheels so we've got that. And I must agree there really is no more quality gangsta rap!

Offline Inigo Montoya

• Master
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 07:10:58 am »
ok at first I only liked the xr1200 but then rat had to show me that dh and now there are 2 I actually like! I would call that at least a minor miracle! ;D

718, if you think the hd hate is bad here, go to the average hd site and check out the honda hate. This is nothing. It is more jest than anything. Don't sweat it too much. ;)

Offline ProTeal55

• Old Timer
  • Est1968.com
    • Joe's Barbershop Chicago
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 08:02:55 am »
Cafe 1200 Sporty's are a BLAST to rip around on..
Joe a.k.a ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Maker of Friends

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 08:16:10 am »
I own Harley and Honda therefore I hate (bad word) dislike Kawasukmes.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline hotpocket

• Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 06:48:26 pm »
i like it. reminds me of the 60's HD XLR
Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler

Offline Nikkisixx

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 06:37:28 am »
The bike in the OP can't possibly be a cafe - no checker-board paint, doesn't say "CAFE" all over it, no god awfull big azz "dunstall" hump behind the seat, no header wrap.  Shoot, the darn thing is actualy shinny too!   ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:46:24 am by Nikkisixx »
It is a proven fact that modifying a SOHC Honda in any way will bring on the apocalypse.

Offline 754

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 09:53:33 am »
 +1 on what Gordon said..

Cool Sporty, altho, I dont like the short rear fender.

Yeah, there is a bit of Harley hating on here.. got so bad I hardly ever click on to any of those threads mentioning them (which is why I clicked on this thread so late). Mainly cuz I like them and tend to defend them.

The part that pisses me off the most, people that have never ridden them, or did major miles beside a few of them... how can I value their opinion? Now if they had one, and prefer to ride other makes, fair enough..

To put it simply, they still have a strong following, must be a reason..
Maker of the WELDLESS 750 Frame Kit
dodogas99@gmail.com
Kelowna B.C.       Canada

My next bike will be a ..ANFOB.....

It's All part of the ADVENTURE...

73 836cc.. Green, had it for 3 decades!!
Lost quite a few CB 750's along the way

Offline greasy j

• lanesplitting
  • Expert
  • non serviam
    • Dimale Painting & Restoration
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 04:59:27 pm »
me too. that thing rocks tits.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 05:32:37 pm »
Yep, there are plenty of Harley haters here, if you like 'em, you better keep it to yourself mate, or they'll jump all over you. I had a sporty 20-odd years ago and I loved it, and when I sell off a few of my CB750's and Suzuki GS1000S' this summer, I'll buy another one to compliment my CB750 based 1060cc "RC Cobra special" and my new(ish) Triumph Rocket III.

I understand that this is a Honda specific website, but I don't think that gives anyone a license to hang sh1t on other brands, as one poster in an anti-Harley thread recently suggested. I like lots of bikes, regardless of brand and country of manufacture, and I judge a bike by my own experience with that brand, not what other folks say about them, or their judgement of the type folks who ride them.

I'm not a fan of Deus bikes, they look a little "half arsed" in their execution, but they seem to be quite popular, even though I think they ask ridiculous prices for their bikes, considering that they're charging you money for doing stuff that most inexperienced home mechanics could easily do in their own garage with a hack saw, a drill and a couple of rattle cans. Don't get me wrong, I love a well executed custom, I just don't think Deus bikes are value for money. Cheers, Terry. ;D 
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline greasy j

• lanesplitting
  • Expert
  • non serviam
    • Dimale Painting & Restoration
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 10:58:51 pm »
Yep, there are plenty of Harley haters here, if you like 'em, you better keep it to yourself mate, or they'll jump all over you. I had a sporty 20-odd years ago and I loved it, and when I sell off a few of my CB750's and Suzuki GS1000S' this summer, I'll buy another one to compliment my CB750 based 1060cc "RC Cobra special" and my new(ish) Triumph Rocket III.

I understand that this is a Honda specific website, but I don't think that gives anyone a license to hang sh1t on other brands, as one poster in an anti-Harley thread recently suggested. I like lots of bikes, regardless of brand and country of manufacture, and I judge a bike by my own experience with that brand, not what other folks say about them, or their judgement of the type folks who ride them.

I'm not a fan of Deus bikes, they look a little "half arsed" in their execution, but they seem to be quite popular, even though I think they ask ridiculous prices for their bikes, considering that they're charging you money for doing stuff that most inexperienced home mechanics could easily do in their own garage with a hack saw, a drill and a couple of rattle cans. Don't get me wrong, I love a well executed custom, I just don't think Deus bikes are value for money. Cheers, Terry. ;D 

def not value for money, but they give us ideas to do it ourselves. I like this one. I plan on getting a sportster at some point, and will do something similar.

I make fun of harley's all the time. my old teacher who is a harley fan calls 'em tractors. most are heavy and full of antiquated technology. kinda gaudy, too if you ask me. but I dig sporty's a lot, they are the exception for me. and usually reasonably priced. it suits me that the only Harley I dig is the only one I could afford.

but I don't expect everyone to share my opinion. I could care less what another guy is riding, but I am more inclined to respect him if he is riding something. big twin or moped. it's cool.

just mind your manners. that's what really pisses me off. rude #$%*ers.