Author Topic: Fork Conversion Bearing list for ANY application from ALL BALLS BEARINGS  (Read 7726 times)

redbullssg

Quoted from their site:

"Warning

This front-end conversion search is based on bearing size ONLY! Stem length may be vary from machine to machine making some combination's unworkable. As a result of front-end conversion, rake and trail may be altered, adversely affecting handling of the vehicle."

Now here is the link.  http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconvertion

What you do is Select TYPE, then YEAR, MAKE and then MODEL.  It will take a minute to load, as it is loading every possible conversion imaginable, then just scroll down to the year and make of the forks you are converting to.  It is that easy!  Just keep in mind to check your steering tube length matches what you are converting to, as this does not discriminate or eliminate those possibilities.  It just lists the bearing dimensions.

It can also be navigated to from their Home page. On the right hand side is a YELLOW box labeled fork conversions.

I called them up today and the fella was very cool, and pointed me to page.  This opens up a ton of possibilities as long as the fork tube lengths work with the heads we are putting them in.  

EAT UP!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:03:42 pm by redbullssg »

Offline Alan F.

• We remember the Night Rider, and we know who you are.
  • Really Old Timer ...
SWEET!

Offline bradweingartner

• 74 CB 550 x2
  • Hot Shot
WOW!!!

I had this idea a couple years ago. Even started compiling all the data. (See previous threads on this forum)

I'm glad I don't have to do all the work now!  ;D

redbullssg

I know!  Just looking up my conversion, and everything that popped up, it would have taken me forever to compile.  Not to mention all the other bikes, makes, years!!!! 

I got my bearings Saturday.  I ordered them Thursday morning!  That was quick! 

Offline morethrottle

redbullss let us know how it turns out. I'm curious about where the AllBalls bearings are made. Is it stamped on the bearings? Also, wouldn't I need two kits from AllBalls? I'll do a search, I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this topic. I am curious about the quality of the bearings though. I once replaced a swingarm linkage bearing set on a dirtbike with AllBalls. If I remember correctly they lasted quite well.
2005 Yamaha YZ250F (stolen)
1974 Honda CB750K4(836)
1971 Honda CB500
1971 Honda CB450
1976 Yamaha XT500C

Offline mystic_1

• Really Old Timer ...
  • 1970 CB750K
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
- John Augustus Shedd

My build thread:  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=68952.0