Author Topic: cb550k1 turn signals not working right  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Mavryk03

• it's a project 75 Honda cb550k1 cafe, this will never be done
  • Enthusiast
cb550k1 turn signals not working right
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:27 am »
I was having trouble with mine so i switched the led out and put the originals back on I'm pretty sure i have everything hooked up right but when i hook the turn signals up and turn the key they come on but all are flashing like the flasher is on and it does this when the control switch is to the right and when i put it in the middle the back left and front left signal are blinking but the front right is just on and back right is off and if i switch it over to the left it is the same as if the switch is in the middle. Break light and head light work fine so i don't know what is going on only thing i can think of is that there is a wire crossed somewhere. Anyone know what I'm talking about thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:55:34 pm by Mavryk03 »
Avi: why do they call him boris the bullet dodger?
Bullet tooth tony: Cause he dodges bullets Avi
Got to love Snatch lol

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
Re: cb550k1 turn signals not working right
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:07:47 am »
If you are using blinkers front and rear use the LED's in the the front and incandescants in the rear, that way it should present a large enough load for the electronic flasher but save you some wattage on the running lights. If you don't have a new electronic flasher, get one, it will work better than the old mechanical flasher.

"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F

Offline IndyFour

• Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:14:55 am »
Have you had your left hand controls off/opened up recently?  I supposed it could be that something in the switch came loose.  It's also possible that in changing things out you may have switched some wiring around inside the headlight bucket.  I'd get your wiring diagram out and do some checking first to make sure you didn't connect some things incorrectly.
1974 CB550K
2000 VFR800FIY

Offline Mavryk03

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:20:55 am »
If you are using blinkers front and rear use the LED's in the the front and incandescants in the rear, that way it should present a large enough load for the electronic flasher but save you some wattage on the running lights. If you don't have a new electronic flasher, get one, it will work better than the old mechanical flasher.

OK where can i get an electronic flasher auto parts store or do i need to go to a motorcycle shop? thanks for the info.
Got to love Snatch lol

Offline Mavryk03

• Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:32 am »
Have you had your left hand controls off/opened up recently?  I supposed it could be that something in the switch came loose.  It's also possible that in changing things out you may have switched some wiring around inside the headlight bucket.  I'd get your wiring diagram out and do some checking first to make sure you didn't connect some things incorrectly.
Hey Chris yeah i put a new used control switch on but i didn't mess with anything in that area and i disconnected everyhing in the head light bucket just for that reason and hooked everything back up wire for wire color for color, and i printed off a wiring diagram but i have no idea how to read those things  :D i can follow the wires on the diagram but don't know what is what so i don't know
Got to love Snatch lol

bollingball

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:51 am »
Most auto shops have them my local Autozone does.

Offline flybox1

• My wife thinks I'm a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:29:48 am »
you can get them at any auto parts store. 2 or 3 prong'd.
~$10

open up your left control and give everything a good cleaning.  relube.  its pretty simple, just be aware of the tiny ball/spring/spring cover..they can go flying.

recheck and grease your bullet connectors in your headlight can.
'78 750K (F3 engine) PD42b's, Modified airbox w/K&N  filter, 40/110 jets, 1 needle shim, IMS@ 1 turn out. Kerker + Cone 18" QuietCore

Past Bikes
1974 550K0 (stock), 1973 CB350F (stock), 1983 Yamaha XS400K (POS)
77/78 cool 2 member #3
"Knowledge without mileage equals bullsh!t" - Henry Rollins

"This is my CB. There are many like it, but this one is mineā€¦"

Offline Mavryk03

• Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 10:42:26 am »
sounds good thanks guys and thanks flybox1 I was hoping you would chime in on this  :D oh and what kind of Grease should i use anything that you recommend?
Got to love Snatch lol

Offline Mavryk03

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 05:11:39 pm »
OK so i stopped by the auto parts store today and got an electronic flasher, put that on the bike and was trying to read the diagram the best i could. So hooked everything up took off the left control switch and checked everything and it look fine. So then got the turn signals to work on the right side they will flash when i turn the switch to the right oh yeah i put the stock turn signals back on. OK got those to work but when i went to hook up the orange wire to the orange wires all the turn signals start going off also the green wires on the side of the headlight bucket are not hooked up don't know just where they go. Plus i think i have a charging problem so i have kept the battery on a trickle charge, so i don't know what is going on.  ???
Got to love Snatch lol