Author Topic: Foale Frame and CB750K4 engine  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Haggis

Re: Foale Frame and CB750K4 engine
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 03:35:45 pm »
It took me a year to do mine, and it was a tight budget, just looked about for parts that looked "right" at auto jumbles. Heres a bit of inspiration for you of what can be done, sorry its turned out a Kawa   ::)

Offline RupertB

• Enthusiast
  • Roll on spring - the rain gets warmer then...
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 03:41:07 pm »
Don't apologise for the Kwakiness - the Honda shares the garage with a Guzzi, Ducati and Laverda so it is bottom of the pecking order by a mile. (and if that doesn't get me some abuse on this site, nothing will!!).
I see you still have the loops on the frame which look to be for pillion use - what do you reckon - keep or chop off?
Author of 'Prisoners Property and Prostitutes' by Tom Ratcliffe. Most readily available from Amazon as a paperback and electronic Kindle edition.

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 03:37:30 am »
Has anyone actually used those cheapie 836 pistons for any length of time? They look fabtastic value but if they turn out to be made of hard plastic in China and break up after 5,000 miles then it is a false economy. Maybe I am too suspicious but if something appears too good to be true then there's a good chance it is.

Opinions or experience please...

I'll be installing a set in my K1's 836cc engine when I de-tune it soon. Not being a metallurgist I've got no idea really on how long they'll last, but nonetheless they look well made, so I'm quite happy to give them a try. The cheapest way out of your cylinder block dilemma is, if your 836cc bores are good, just buy another block with good fins and swap the sleeves over. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Syscrush

• Expert
  • Sold. :(
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 08:40:24 am »
Wow.

Looking forward to watching this thing progress.
Life is precious: wear your f'n helmet!
There's nothing more expensive than a free bike...
FWIW, I'm not a shill for Race Tech - I've just got a thing for good suspension and the RTCE's are the most cost-effective mod for these old damping rod front ends.