Author Topic: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW ENGINE COLORS AND PHOTOS!  (Read 113081 times)

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
  • The green flag sets me free
    • www.dwmsracing.com
Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW PHOTOS!
« Reply #650 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »

Whoa! I just came across this one. The thing that REALLY got my interest was the look of that engine, with those colors and the engraving. Then I realized that there was some wold engine work to be done and I read quite a bit about the whole thing, but kinda got lost with all the stuff about "Reverse Ports" and I'm definitely not taking anything away from all of the work done on this, but I was totally impressed with the look and all, even w/o the Reversed Ports. All said and done, it's each individual's ideas and efforts towards those ideas, that produce the really wild and Awesome builds, IMHO. I WILL be interested in seeing how this one turns out, in Looks & How it performs. It just never ceases to amaze me at the Knowledge, skills and abilities of folks here and I have been around here for quite along time.  ;)        Great Work Joe.   

Brother bill440cars thank you so much for your kind words and compliments, they truly mean a lot to me!

Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/joe.dwmsracing

Offline Syscrush

• Expert
  • Sold. :(
« Reply #651 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »
Good to have a sign of life from you, BroJo.
Life is precious: wear your f'n helmet!
There's nothing more expensive than a free bike...
FWIW, I'm not a shill for Race Tech - I've just got a thing for good suspension and the RTCE's are the most cost-effective mod for these old damping rod front ends.

Offline jaguar

• Old Timer
« Reply #652 on: September 11, 2011, 02:58:33 pm »

what that the internet still works as his place?
cool story bro....

lets see this thing actually work as a MOTORCYCLE and not just an art project.

Offline Ichiban 4

• "Ichi"
  • Hot Shot
  • A "Boomer" still going strong.
« Reply #653 on: September 11, 2011, 04:36:35 pm »
Just wanted to get on notification for this thread.  Find the build fascinating..but probably what stands out most to me..is how Joey has been able to bring together most comments/posts in a positive manner.  Has seemed to me..to bring out the best in SOHC 4 members.  Thanks Joey..and thanks all..for renewing my positive feelings about being a member of this website.

Al / Ichi
Al Summers

Present: '77 550K
Past: '73 CB450(twin), '72 CB175, '68 CB350, '58 Ariel Square 4 (1000cc), '58 Matchless Typhoon (650cc single), Whizzer Motorbikes '48 -'55 (Pacemaker & Sportsman)..Vespa, Lambretta scooters..etc.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #654 on: September 11, 2011, 06:06:18 pm »

Brother Syscrush I have missed all of you as well! Among many other things I have been very blessed to have been very busy here at the shop, and I have several other non - sohc personal projects going as well so I have not been here on sohc4 in a while. You would think that winter time would be when I am busy building the most as that is when very few people are riding and racing season is over (A lot of you probably do not know but we do a lot of race car work too) however it seems that summer is normally very busy here during riding and racing season instead. On another note I know that you were concerned before about the tail section possibly cracking and I thought that I would let you know that it has dried nicely and is still in perfect condition with no cracks so I am ready to do the final finishing on it.

what that the internet still works as his place?
cool story bro....

lets see this thing actually work as a MOTORCYCLE and not just an art project.

Brother jaguar everything that I build is an art project to some degree, I even build all of our race engines to look as nice on the outside as they do on the inside.

Just wanted to get on notification for this thread.  Find the build fascinating..but probably what stands out most to me..is how Joey has been able to bring together most comments/posts in a positive manner.  Has seemed to me..to bring out the best in SOHC 4 members.  Thanks Joey..and thanks all..for renewing my positive feelings about being a member of this website.

Al / Ichi

Brother Ichiban 4 I am very happy that you are enjoying this build and thank you for taking the time to read and follow it! I am honored to be a member here among Brothers such as yourself.
Joe - Owner/Operator of DWMS Racing World Class Engine & Motorcycle Building www.dwmsracing.com

Offline Raef

• Expert
« Reply #655 on: September 11, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »
Hey Joey, I was wondering if you were stopping in every now and then, good to hear from ya

Mark

Offline cbtrx400ex

« Reply #656 on: October 16, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »
Good to check in and see you are keeping productive Joey, I'm sure the details on your car engines are top notch. Take care Brother.

Offline thrutheframe

• Expert
  • did you bleed when you built that?
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2011, 02:25:28 pm »
I'm glad to see that youre back on this project.  Im very excited to see how it turns out.
'74 cb 750 K4
'79 CB 650 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=83981.0
'75 CB 360T
'90 RC31 Hawk GT

Offline HedNut

• Underwater Basket Weaving
  • Expert
  • CB750...A Two-wheeled hellcat from Planet Kickass
« Reply #658 on: October 19, 2011, 09:53:12 am »
YO!! I missed so much....it's been a while and I'm telling you it is very pleasent to see all your progress and excellent work!!
Cheers!

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #659 on: December 13, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »
We all know Joey is busy..........with awards to show for it! 

My own suggestion is the intakes will need to be lengthened and in the process the carb will get turned (upward curl of intakes) for side or rear intake.  A 2-stroke emulsifier tube will place the fuel in the middle of the air flow.

I did not read every page of this novel, but very interested to see the completed project.
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline assquatch20

« Reply #660 on: April 18, 2012, 02:24:12 am »
Any updates?

Offline Lostboy Steve

• Old Timer
« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2012, 05:43:44 am »
+1 "I did not read every page of this novel, but very interested to see the completed project."

Why not run 1&4 and 2&3 together?  Could you sit the carbs over/under each other?
1968 Honda Z50
1977 Honda CB550K
2018 Indian Scout

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #662 on: July 22, 2012, 01:46:21 pm »
Thank you for all of your kind words Brothers and for your patience with this build, the shop has been very busy over the past year so I have had very little time for my personal projects including the reverse port however I am a couple weeks away from finishing a restoration that I am currently working on and I am planning on getting back to work on the reverse port as soon as I complete this restoration!

As of now I only have a few small pieces left to build and then I can take her down and start painting and polishing all of the parts for final assembly, for those of you that have not seen the reverse port this is how she looks so far!

One of the more interesting engines I completed recently is this CB450 big bore race engine, there are complete build photos in our gallery off of the website so if you would like to see more please visit www.dwmsracing.com and click on the gallery tab at the top of the page and then you will see a photo album for the engine.

The restoration that I am currently working on is this vintage Bridgestone motorcycle, I have a build thread for it over on our forum off of the DWMS Racing site so if you would like to see more photos of it please visit our site at www.dwmsracing.com and then click on the forum tab at the top of the page and the Bridgestone build is under the antique & vintage restorations section. Please join us if you would like to and post your builds as we have sections for all makes and styles of motorcycles as well as an automotive section! I will continue to post all of my single overhead cam builds here on SOHC4 however I am posting my other builds on the DWMS Racing forum.

Offline Mcwilliams570

• Hot Shot
Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! GETTING BACK TO WORK!
« Reply #663 on: July 22, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »
Good to see you back man and look forward to the end result..

Matt
My CB550 project http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=101182.0

Project UFB Cb550 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=112143.0

Like a 10 dollar hooker on Friday night its going to be ridden.

1974 cb550
1975 cb550
2005 vmax
2009 vmax-sold
1981 gl500i

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #664 on: July 22, 2012, 05:44:40 pm »
Welcome back Joey... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #665 on: July 22, 2012, 05:58:27 pm »
Thank you Brothers! I have been checking in and reading when I have time however I have not been posting much recently as my last few builds were not sohc motorcycles although I have built a couple dohc CB450's. I am just a couple weeks away from being able to dedicate a lot of time towards finishing the reverse port so I will be adding a lot of new information very soon! I will also be starting the full restoration of a sohc CB750 soon so I will be posting it here as well.

I have missed you all Brothers, I have just been very busy building here at the shop!

Offline Syscrush

• Expert
  • Sold. :(
« Reply #666 on: July 23, 2012, 07:31:20 am »
Good to see you back man and look forward to the end result..
What he said. :)
Life is precious: wear your f'n helmet!
There's nothing more expensive than a free bike...
FWIW, I'm not a shill for Race Tech - I've just got a thing for good suspension and the RTCE's are the most cost-effective mod for these old damping rod front ends.

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #667 on: July 23, 2012, 06:23:47 pm »
Brother Syscrush my old friend it is good to see you! Good news on the wood seat, it has had plenty of time to dry out and still looks as good as the day I built it with no cracks so I can go ahead and finish the final shaping and seal it!

Offline stuartni

• Enthusiast
« Reply #668 on: September 16, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »
amazing build keep it up

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #669 on: September 16, 2012, 01:42:44 pm »
update?
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #670 on: September 16, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »
Pretty cool to see the setup on the bike

Also enjoyed seeing a built 450 DOHC and like to know MORE about that one as well.

Not that the Bridgestone isn't cool enough, but I'm more into the 450s.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:54:46 pm by bill440cars »
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
« Reply #671 on: September 16, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »
frigging pine

Offline joeyputt

• Hot Shot
    • www.dwmsracing.com
« Reply #672 on: September 16, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »
Thank You Brother Stuart!

Brother Steve I am finishing the Bridgestone restoration this week, after I complete it I am planning on finishing the reverse port so I should be able to start adding new photos in a week or two. I really do not have a lot of work left to do I have just been very busy here at the shop so I have not been able to work on my personal projects as much as I would like to however I will be completing the reverse port very soon! Here are a couple new photos of the Bridgestone, if you would like to see what she looked like when we started as well as photos of the entire build here is a link to the build thread for it http://www.dwmsracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,5.0.html I also just added a video of her running when we started her a couple days ago.

Brother Bill that CB450 was a fun engine to build as we used all of the best parts available, the engine is a big bore 498cc with Mikuni VM32's, Megacycle race cams, a full kibblewhite 5mm race valve conversion as well as a valve spring conversion with titanium keepers to replace the torsion bars, THR pistons, etc. and I installed a close ratio 5th gear in the transmission as well. I wanted to post it here as well however it is a DOHC engine instead of a SOHC so I did not however here is a link to the build thread on DTT, there are photos from the engine we started with all the way through tear down to the bare cases and of the entire engine build http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=27633.0 There are also photos in our gallery off of our official website if you would rather just see all of the photos without reading all of the comments www.dwmsracing.com

Brother Frankenstuff I am very happy that you are enjoying this build, I can not wait to get back to work on her and start painting everything! I am still trying to decide what color I would like however it will either be all black or a red wine color!

Offline paulages

• Old Timer
  • 1976 cb735
    • DOOMTOWN RIDERS P.R.M.C.
« Reply #673 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:30 pm »
Still looking forward to seeing that thing run!
paul
SOHC4 member #1050

1974 CB550 (735cc)
1976 CB550 (590cc) road racer
1973 CB750K3
1972 NORTON Commando Combat
1996 KLX650 R

Offline FunJimmy

• Who you calling
  • Old Timer
  • Vancouver
« Reply #674 on: September 19, 2012, 07:39:44 am »
Still looking forward to seeing that thing run!

We all are.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrist's office!

CB550 Cafe Interceptor a Gentlemans Roadster
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.0