Author Topic: I'm aboard  (Read 873 times)

Offline harvey mushman

I'm aboard
« on: November 28, 2010, 11:30:07 am »
Hello all,
Great site...I'm new to the older bike scene..have been riding for about 15 years via MX and sportbikes.
Decided to grow up a little(well it sounds good at least)..and get into the classics.
Recently sold my MX bike...and bought an '84 Honda Sabre 700...something to cruise around on without too much temptation to get stupid.
Have a few buddies that have peaked my interest in building a few Cafe style bikes.So thats how I found this site.
I have a background in mechanics,auto body,and some light fabrication..all work that I do out of my small bodyshop..so definately looking forward to getting a project bike to tear into in the near future.
This site seems to have plenty of great info..advice...and an awesome picture gallery.....hopefully I'll be able to contribute something of use.
Maybe when I get a bit more familiar..I'll post some of my past projects!
So for now,...Nice ta meet ya!!
-Matt

Offline Gearheadgreg

• Hot Shot
  • Jamestown Rhode Island
Re: I'm aboard
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:23:10 pm »
Welcome.Newbie myself, Got tired of talking about my ole Honda so i had to revisit the past and made the purchase , and most all the great memories i had back in the day, been lurking here for a while and it's way better than my other bike site for tech info and parts, my eyeballs are tired from trying to play catchup for the lost 35 years...don't see any flaming that is the best part. see ya around, doing paint this winter on my 78 750. keep the pics coming that is the best part as i look at what everyone has done.Greg
2001 Honda Supercharged Valkyrie   <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/meloafer/embed/slideshow/"></iframe> Just having some fun

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 01:29:03 pm »
Welcome from Texas.

What model CB will you be looking for? A 550 makes a great cafe bike, mid size and plenty of power.

We'd like to see some pics!
'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline harvey mushman

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »
open to most any size that I can customize....the 550 seems like the best choice from what I've read so far...I remember my Dad had a cb 350 when I was young...that might be kinda cool in memory of him...but even a 750 would probably work.
I' ll see what I can find for pics...some of my older projects were autos...and a non-Hondas....if you all dont mind!LOL
I'll have to figure out how tom resize them for this site.
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 01:53:22 pm »
To post photos:

1. open free acct at photobucket.com
2. upload pics to photobucket
3. read here:   http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=70243.0

'74 "Big Bang" Honda 750K [836].....'76 Honda 550F.....K3 Park Racer!......and a Bomber!............plus plus plus.........

Offline harvey mushman

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 02:28:04 pm »
Thanks...lets give this a try ...hey it works...cool
Story: my '99 ZX-7R..bought red..painted it black...got bored painted it green...got bored built it into the orange street fighter...got bored sold it!!!LOL..bored=danger

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:37:29 pm by harvey mushman »

Offline harvey mushman

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 02:45:31 pm »
heres a seat cowl off an 04 cbr1000rr race bike..had to repair the damage...got it as far as primer...waiting for the owner to select a paint/color scheme

and  this is before and after of my Sabre

Offline Stev-o

• Ain't no
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Central Texas
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 03:09:16 pm »
Nice!

Offline Gearheadgreg

• Hot Shot
  • Jamestown Rhode Island
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 05:57:22 pm »
Very cool!! i ride with a group every Sun my neighbor has a 2010 Ninja, that 1000cc Ninja is Bad to the bone, got passed 2 weeks ago by him, he hit 177 mph!!!  ;D
2001 Honda Supercharged Valkyrie   <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/meloafer/embed/slideshow/"></iframe> Just having some fun