Author Topic: Affordable Brake Rotor Cross Drilling at $40 - SAME DAY RETURN SHIPPING - UPDATE  (Read 22777 times)

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Old Timer
Re: Affordable Brake Rotor Cross Drilling at $40
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »
Well hopefully he doesn't cash the check prior to finishing the rotors... Thats the down side of Paypal these days. You can sell someone an item... They get it and later state they enever received it or are not happy with the product and file an appeal with paypal.... Now when I sell things using paypal I always hold the money until the buyer states they are pleased and received the product.
If I drive for you, you get your money. That's a guarantee. Tell me where we start, where we're going and where we're going afterwards, I give you five minutes when you get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours, no matter what. Anything a minute either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.

1971 CB750 K1 Goldie

77' 550F build-------------        

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=122950.0

Offline Moondo3

« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2013, 02:52:16 PM »
Still haven't heard from Tom from any of the 3 sources I have left messages. 

Reported this thread to Moderator, it should be removed since it is a misleading ad for services that are not rendered.

In Tom's own word's "Love Me or Hate Me, that is fine" sounds like he really doesn't care about the way he treats the Members on this forum, and this whole thread should just go away.....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:10:24 PM by Moondo3 »

Offline Moondo3

« Reply #252 on: January 06, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »
** Update** Received call from Tom yesterday, and we were able to work things out. I just received an e-mail with a  picture of my completed rotors just a few minutes ago. They are going to be shipped tomorrow morning.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »
Be sure to let us know when you actually receive the rotors, Bill.
I hope this experience doesn't stop you from participating on the forums; we're mostly a good bunch of folks here.
Scott
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:32 AM »
I am writing this in the very early hours. I am waiting for the post office to open so that I can ship Bill Revor's rotors that have taken an inexcusable 3 months to get done. Personally if the roles were reversed in this transaction I would want to kick his ass.

I have thought about this for several days how I would answer you guys because I feel accountable to you guys. I am sure there are some 12 steppers here that will disagree with breaking anonymity on such a public scale. 

As some of you know I started into an out patient treatment program several months back. It was going ok but I am a stubborn fool so it had to be stepped up to inpatient which cut me off from everything external including my daily drinking.

A little back story is that I was drinking daily. And I don't mean a little here and a little there I mean hard drinking, $7.99 cheap plastic bottle liquor drinking. So much to the point that I had a second pancreatitus attack. Some of you know I had one early this spring which threw a wrench in the works then. They set me up with the “happy juice” as they called it. Push the button get a does every 20 minutes. They recorded that I pushed the button some 400 times during that 24 hours. I wish I was exaggerating.

Anyway I have completed the in patient treatment and will not be drinking anymore because one it is not good for my life and business and third I am apparently my allergic reaction to alcohol is a lethal one. I don't mean that in some abstract way. I mean that soon as I take the first drink my body immediately starts shutting down all my major organs.

I am not asking for forgiveness from you guys, that I will earn from you again.

For right now I am going to take Bill's advice and shut this whole operation down for now. I have two more rotors to drill today and then I am done until I can get my stuff back together. Meanwhile I would ask that Bob Wessner keep this thread alive for one week from my post here so people can see what is going on and then remove it. I will be back in about a month when the dust has settled. I am not closing for good, this is just temporary until things are worked out. I will check back here in the coming week and take abuse as needed.

Also I have finally gotten with modern times and got a smart phone. Got it stupid cheap for signing a new contract with my provider. Anyway, it is plugged into every possible way you might have to contact me. It checks my email every 30 minutes so you guys will find me more easily reached. These phones are a god send. I have my whole life plugged in it right now. I hope and pray it does not get lost stolen etc because I will be screwed.

If any one needs to get a hold of me in the meantime I can still be reached at all the normal way.

608-415-1401
tneubauer@anubiscycle.com

Again I have 2 rotors left to drill. DO NOT SEND ANY ROTORS IN AT THIS TIME. If you have sent one and it is postmarked before this posting I will naturally be drilling your rotor.
Contact me for affordable rotor drilling services at $55 each rotor. Same day service on CB750/CB500/CB550 rotors. Next day on everything else.

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »
Tom,

Glad to see you are owning up to your problem(s) personally and here. Tough road. Don't replace it with another. Hope you take control. And yes, you've deserved the treatment you have received here. No sympathy as that's not the answer as people play to that, just hope for a better future for you.

Jerry
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Proud Owner of the Babe Thread & Dirty Old Man
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »
Tom, you did what you did as Jerry said. No going back on that. Put that where it belongs. I have had a lot of guys get sideways. Some pulled out and are truly cool today. Some crashed and burned and I personally had to cut them out of my life, they were taking more of my energy than I could give with no possible positive result.
You are the Author of your own story Bro.

You have talent for explaining things. i copied your website tutorial on dual disk conversions. I am a professional trainer, and it was good.

Bob W does not have to dump the thread. You can do that, or you can modify the headline to say you are on hiatus.

But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline roach carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
Didnt cben750F0 write that how to here?Then copied/pasted to Anubis website

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
Maybe so, I found it on Anubis website. It was well done nonetheless.
But we were boys, and boys will be boys, and so they will. To us, everything was dangerous, but what of that? Had we not been made to live forever?

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »
Yes it was a copy paste. It was written by another person. If memory serves me right the by line is at the bottom. It took days for me to find the information and I figured I would make it easier to find for people. Just thought I would clarify this observation. I honestly have yet to try it out. All my bikes right now are stockers.
Contact me for affordable rotor drilling services at $55 each rotor. Same day service on CB750/CB500/CB550 rotors. Next day on everything else.

Offline dusterdude

• Really Old Timer ...
Affordable Brake Rotor Cross Drilling at $40
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »
Hang in there tom
mark
1972 k1 750
1949 fl panhead
1994 converted 883 sportster
1998 cbr600 f3

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »
Buying the core rotors in the next few days. Then the turn around will be the same day. I get my mail by noon and it will be shipped back by 3pm. If you have dual rotors it will be one day. Receive at noon, will be back home by noon the next day. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ROTORS UNTIL Feb 1st

<adding> Price will go up. Keep posted for new price. Meanwhile if you have questions send email to tneubauer@anubiscycle.com or text me at 608-415-1401. If it is human hours I will be back to you within 10 minutes. I am taking this VERY serious.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:54:25 PM by ElCheapo »

Offline Moondo3

« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »
Guys, sorry I wasn't able to get the forum, and let everyone know that I received the rotors as promised.

Tom, there is no question you do some really nice work. I truly believe that if you take your time, get the shop in order, and get your customer service in check, you will have a successful business. 

Good Luck,

Bill Revoir  a.k.a. Moondo

Scott, I am not going anywhere, I have a project to finish!!!      ;)

Offline Tews19

• I am no
  • Old Timer
« Reply #263 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
So you are back to doing rotors? Thought you said on Jan 7 or 9th you taking time off? Jan 16th you are back? Quick recovery and congrats
If I drive for you, you get your money. That's a guarantee. Tell me where we start, where we're going and where we're going afterwards, I give you five minutes when you get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours, no matter what. Anything a minute either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.

1971 CB750 K1 Goldie

77' 550F build-------------        

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=122950.0

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
« Reply #264 on: January 28, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
Money is tight right now so I have not been able to purchase the cores, I am ordering them today, then we will be back in biz, sorry for all the commas, my period key died on my keyboard

<ok just ordered the 750 rotor, should have it by the first
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:32:26 AM by ElCheapo »

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
Re: Affordable Brake Rotor Cross Drilling at $55
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2013, 04:05:21 PM »
Ok, I now have thecore rotors drilled and packed ready to go. So I am ready to start drilling again.

CB750 = Same day or next day service.
CB500/550 = Same day or next day service.

Dual rotors and things like CB 400 rotors will be one extra day.

The service price will now be $55. This is to cover the cost of drill bits and other tooling maerials. AGAIN they are now $55 + shipping. You can call me @ 608-415-1401 or send me an email @ tneubauer@anubiscycle.com with any questions.

I ask that you send me an email prior to sending the rotor(s) so I can make sure that I keep up with

the same day service. ALSO - if your rotor has special work done to it already like powder coating
it will not be core exchanged, instead you rotor will be drilled and sent back to you. The new shipping address is 1522 Weston, LaCrosse, WI, 54601.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:53:14 AM by Bob Wessner »

Offline SOHC Digger

• I'm not an
  • Expert
Re: Affordable Brake Rotor Cross Drilling at $55
« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2013, 12:12:23 AM »
Hope things start going a lot smoother, Tom.  You do excellent work.  If your customer service comes up to the same level as your craftsmanship, you should be good to go!

Keep up the good work.  We all love keeping services inside the forum gang!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:53:57 AM by Bob Wessner »
The surest way to learn is to make a mistake.
1978 CB750F Chopper/Digger
The Next Chopper Project

Offline ElCheapo

• Hot Shot
    • Anubis Cycle
Re: Affordable Brake Rotor Cross Drilling at $55 - SAME DAY RETURN SHIPPING
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »
I would like to thank the return customers I am getting right now. AND I am having no issue keeping up.

Again the shipping addy is

Anubis Cycle
1522 Weston St.
LaCrosse, WI, 54601

608 415 1401

tneubauer@anubiscycle.com

I respond with in 20 minutes of receiving any email. Almost as fast as SMS.

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2013, 02:27:26 PM »
ElCheapo,

I've got a pair of 550 rotors that I intend to send to you but I've got a slight problem with them.  I was having a friend turn them on his brake machine and after he got about half way done his bit took a dump and started to chatter.  The so he quit until the Snap On man show up and he can get a box or replacement cutters.  It appears the Snap On man is out making more money selling scrap metal and hasn't been around.   So I've got two half turned disks.  Is it better to have him finish turning them (there's plenty of metal to stay within the 6mm minimum) before I send them to you or does it make any difference?  My thinking is that if it doesn't matter I can send the disks to you and order a set of cutters for him tomorrow and have them both back here at about the same time and be finished with it.   Of course it may be best that he finish turning them first.  What do you think?  Think of it this way, I'm nothing but the wallet inbetween him and you, but someone needs to tell me what to do.   ;D
                   These type of rotors are not designed to be cut on a brake lathe.  They are supposed to surface ground by a grinding stone.   All factory bike rotors are surface ground.   ;)   Yes you can turn them on a brake lathe but are taking a chance of removing too much material and creating hot spots.   :o
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

Offline roach carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »
I am no expert but have watched a brake lathe work and I would guess that cutting them on the lathe after drilling is going to be a nightmare. my 2 unsolicited cents

Offline tmac

• Enthusiast
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »
Im Tim, Today makes 55days for me. Stay Strong! I would love to send u my 750 rotor whenever its good for you. Thanks for the inspiration!

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »
I am no expert but have watched a brake lathe work and I would guess that cutting them on the lathe after drilling is going to be a nightmare. my 2 unsolicited cents

Roach, you would turn the rotors first, then drill the holes.    ;)

Offline roach carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
                      Roach, you would turn the rotors first, then drill the holes.    ;)
wrong. I'm not going to do either :)

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »
 Like i said earlier, these rotors are designed to ground not turned on a brake lathe. As for drilling holes, it isn't that hard. It's way easier if you have a rotary table and a drill press. I did my own at a friends house.......  :)

Here is my friends mill that i used..........

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:18:47 AM by BLUE71TURBO »

Offline BobbyR

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2013, 11:06:33 AM »
I think you have too many holes and the way you lined them up could invite cracking. Unlike modern alloys this was not intended to be drilled.

Honda