Author Topic: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club  (Read 569095 times)

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
Re: N.W. Arkansas Vintage Breakfast Club
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 09:47:12 am »
Ok, I made it home. I know you guys were probably not able to sleep last night worrying about me. Turns out the left carb was full of what looked like peach jello. I did not taste it so I will just have to assume that was the flavor. Found this after replacing the point and condensor and resetting the timing which is still off, but its rideable now. I think the fuel is eating the float. anyway, guess I should have pulled the bowls first.

If anyone wants to go for a weekend / saturday ride let me know. I need to start putting some miles on my bikes before the 3 day super extravaganza.

Glad to hear you got it figured out, and it wasn't anything too serious. Bummer you couldn't make the ride. Also you missed Radam's huge deck.

I'll be ready for some break in mile soon on the KZ. Apparently I forgot to send a copy of the bill of sale for the bonded title, so it may be another week or so before I can roll legit.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:50 am »
I have an old license plate you can borrow. I cant wait to see Radams deck. I suspect its not as big as he leads on. 

Offline coke

• Hot Shot
    • Bob and Bob Bikes and Cars and Rides
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2011, 07:53:34 pm »
Just getting to see this thread and will keep following to see if I can make any of the breakfasts..
1974 Honda CB350F
1976 Honda CB750F
1977 Honda CB750 F2 SuperSport
2009 H/D VRSCAW VRod
2011 H/D Road Glide Ultra
2007 Kawi 650r Ninja
1999 HD 883 Sportster (bought back from youngest son)
1999 Kawi 1500 Nomad (given to oldest son)

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2011, 05:25:00 am »
Here's a couple pics of some of the bikes that showed up.

These are the bikes that went for a quick ride after we ate. It sprinkled on us a little bit, but not bad.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2011, 05:31:56 am »
Coke, I thought I had told you about this? It may have slipped my mind.

Roach, I'm down for rides more often than the meeting. I was talking with cap'n about doing a mid month ride to Eureka or something and have lunch. I guess we'll just have to see what pans out. We could also just do a local ride and grill on my big deck since you still want to see it. ;) You can ask your dad about it. He saw it. Although he may have been grossed out because one of the dogs decided to poop on the deck and he was standing in the middle of it. Those damn dogs. I would like to have him come jam with us sometime though.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 06:37:37 am »
I'm definitely down for more ride and meet type of scenarios. Looks like May 28th will be the next breakfast meet, so mark your calenders. I'm pushing to get the KZ done, but the weather isn't cooperating.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 07:20:26 am »
sounds good ( except for the feces)

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 07:37:13 am »
I cleaned that up.

We need to head south sometime so that we can make it easier for Wixil and Coke to join us.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 08:53:17 am »
A ride to van buren might be nice. I also think a ride north is in order as C.A. has had to ride down to us the past two times. I am open to any ride though.

Offline wixil

• gas passing
  • Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:45 am »
I'd be up for a meet-up in Van Buren. 

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2011, 10:41:19 am »
I'm cool with meeting in Van Buren, however we may want to change the time to 10:00ish for those who have to travel longer distances. I can meet riders in Fayetteville around 8:30 and then trek South to Van Buren from there on 71.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 10:46:29 am »
Sounds good to me. I wonder if we'll drop in numbers for doing this? Doesn't matter to me. This is supposed to be for people who enjoy riding motorcycles.  ;D

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 11:01:23 am »
So is Van Buren going to be the next monthly meet or just whenever? If we go to van buren we could take old 71 down and then 59 back up for a change of scenery. It just happens to go near by my house which is nice. You BV people could then take 112 up.
 I am game for whatever you fellers want to do.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 11:13:41 am »
Sounds good to me. I wonder if we'll drop in numbers for doing this? Doesn't matter to me. This is supposed to be for people who enjoy riding motorcycles.  ;D

If they don't make it this go round, there will be another the next month as well. It would be nice to cater to everyone, but that's just not possible. I especially like the fact that each time we meet up it is in a different area, which gives us a ton of options. This is also a good excuse for me to get the KZ finished and ready for long distance riding right before the OMS.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 11:15:51 am »
So is Van Buren going to be the next monthly meet or just whenever? If we go to van buren we could take old 71 down and then 59 back up for a change of scenery. It just happens to go near by my house which is nice. You BV people could then take 112 up.
 I am game for whatever you fellers want to do.

This month is good for me. Where are you located at?

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 11:23:03 am »
Anyone have suggestions for a breakfast spot in Van Buren?

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 11:38:06 am »
Im in Prairie Grove AR. I dont know about breakfast spots in VB but my wife is excited about the antique shops. I may need some help getting a china hutch strapped onto my bike.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:01 am »
Im in Prairie Grove AR. I dont know about breakfast spots in VB but my wife is excited about the antique shops. I may need some help getting a china hutch strapped onto my bike.

At least she won't need you to clean Radam's dog poo off her shoes...

Offline coke

• Hot Shot
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »
Radam, you did tell me about the breakfast club but I didn't know there was a thread in the forum about it.  and I couldn't make the April meeting (grandkids)
1974 Honda CB350F
1976 Honda CB750F
2009 H/D VRSCAW VRod
2007 Kawi 650r Ninja

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:13 pm »
Coke should be able to tell us about good breakfast spots. I mean, he lives there.

I try to keep the poo off my deck, but sometimes...

Offline coke

• Hot Shot
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »
Sisters in downtown van buren would-be my recommendation.
1974 Honda CB350F
1976 Honda CB750F
2009 H/D VRSCAW VRod
2007 Kawi 650r Ninja

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2011, 05:53:01 am »
Sisters in downtown van buren would-be my recommendation.

Sounds good to me. I assume they can handle a party of 8-10 roughly?

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2011, 06:18:06 am »
a pants party.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2011, 07:06:17 am »
Did everyone realize that this month the meeting is on Memorial Day weekend? I just thought I'd remind everyone. I don't usually go out of town or anything so I'm still down for the ride, but I thought some of you all with families may have plans. I just make sure to have a white russian and a toast for a fallen friend.

That being said, I know a lot of people go to the lake or river for Memorial Day, so I was wondering if we should try to get everyone together to grill at the lake or something. Maybe camping? Are these thoughts too much, or is anyone else interested? Just a thought.

Offline captain awesome

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2011, 09:20:25 am »
Did everyone realize that this month the meeting is on Memorial Day weekend? I just thought I'd remind everyone. I don't usually go out of town or anything so I'm still down for the ride, but I thought some of you all with families may have plans. I just make sure to have a white russian and a toast for a fallen friend.

That being said, I know a lot of people go to the lake or river for Memorial Day, so I was wondering if we should try to get everyone together to grill at the lake or something. Maybe camping? Are these thoughts too much, or is anyone else interested? Just a thought.

Didn't even realize that. We may need to move it to the 21st to make it easier for everyone to meet. Not sure what our family plans are as of this moment, but I'll see if I can find out.