Author Topic: starting issues  (Read 980 times)

Offline turninwheels

starting issues
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:40:18 am »
So, i know first thing is to check the electrical, but all i wanted to do here is check the starter...I connected the positive line and the starter turned over fast then very slow, it then came to a stop...is it dead?
"high powered suicide machine."

Offline domer

• I got a bridge for sale, and it was built by a
  • Expert
  • everything is better with a bag of weed!
Re: starting issues
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:44 am »
hows the battery voltage?

Offline nhodges

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:44:46 am »
Did you try connected the posts on the starter relay....Did that by accident once and it was the first time I'd heard my bike try and starter.

bollingball

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:06 am »
Don't know about the starter being dead how about the battery try jumping the batt. off your car with engine OFF OFF and see what happens if engine is running on car you may do damage to the bikes electrical system parts (rectifier) :)

Offline turninwheels

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:48:24 am »
I ran the jumper cables off the car battery, however the car was not running...Also, I did try cross connecting off the starter relay...that's when it stopped. 
"high powered suicide machine."

bollingball

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »
Explain what you mean by cross connecting and did you have the jumpers on at that point in time.

Offline luap

• LAWL
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 05:17:02 pm »
so you when you hook the power up off the car battery an the starter to the positive side of the battery the starter engauges?  if you hook the jumper cables up to the moto battery an hook the starter up to the starter relay you get nothing? might be a bad relay hit it with a hammer might be stuck
75-550 ffsc sold, 78-550 diamonte sold, 125s grasshopper sold, 76-550 puma sold, 78-550 tracker sold, 74-550 verde diablo Sold, 74-550 Noemani finished trying to sell. 72 500 hartail in the works
www.cb-town.com
"I dont need a bike covered in paint an chrome I know exactally bout how big my coc( is"