Author Topic: Simplified Hand Controls  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Mandic

• Enthusiast
Simplified Hand Controls
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
Can anyone point me toward some simplified hand control setups?  I'm looking to eliminate the big bulk factory pieces in favor of simple streamlined ones.  Namely, my turn signal switch burned out a little over a week ago, and I have a wiring issue with my ignition/kill switch right now.  So I can attempt to repair these, clean up and paint them, and still have the big bulky controls, or eliminate them and simplify things.

Motion Pro has this Push-Pull throttle setup: Here and also a cable clutch perch and lever setup for Honda MX bikes: Here

Has anyone gone about this before?  I will likely eliminate or redo the killswitch(likely mount it under the tank on the frame if I keep it), and eliminate the high/low switch for my headlight.  I only ever use Low beam, and while it is a required inspection thing, I really want to argue with anyone who requires me to use a high beam. 

Anyone done this and have some tips?  I'm betting I may have to get some custom cables made.  My throttle cables aren't in the greatest shape as it is anyway so if it has to happen it has to happen.  Besides with the clubman bars the factory length cables are a bit big anyway.
77 CB750F - Cafe/Daily Rider

Offline Trav-i

• Has finally become an
  • Expert
Re: Simplified Hand Controls
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:03:06 pm »
I you want simple bar control switches check out the pingle website.  They have some really nice low profile clamp on switches, wish I would have found them when I was building my chop.

Travis

Quick Edit, here is a link to what should make a nice kill/start switch

http://www.pingelonline.com/handlebar_controls/toggle_with_electric_button.htm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:05:31 pm by Trav-i »
Forum member #9962

I don't know a lot about anything, but I know a little about practically everthing. 

If your not first, your last - Ricky Bobby

1992 GL1500 Interstate

73 CB750 Bobber Project (Always an on going project) Sold
71 CL350 Scrambler Project (Done and riding it) Sold
78 CB750 F3 Super Sport with F 0 engine (Current project)

Offline Mandic

• Enthusiast
Re: Simplified Hand Controls
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »
Very nice looking but ouch on the price.  I have to break down the circuit diagrams and figure out what I need and what I can eliminate. 
77 CB750F - Cafe/Daily Rider