Author Topic: Venturi Divider mod. Real deal?  (Read 9858 times)

Offline racerclam

Re: Venturi Divider mod. Real deal?
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 11:44:59 am »
Mark, there is no point where the carb becomes weird the 4 divider system just makes transition all the way up better even if the throttle is opened rapidly, like i said the only negative is at Wot with the 1/4 divider is a slight loss of CFM at Wot which is easily over come bay a slightly larger carb, and using a UFO is a huge plus at any throttle position also.

Rich

Offline kayaker43

• Hot Shot
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 04:43:11 pm »
Flow dividers are more common on dirt bikes and I used them on a CRF450 and DR650. In both cases I liked the more "instant" throttle feel. They don't make more power and won't register on a dyno so they will forever be controversial. I like them, they are a cheap improvement with no side effects or re-jetting required.

Everyone is trying to fit a theory to the results, I'm just happy with the results.  ;D

Markcb750

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 06:10:17 pm »
Mark, there is no point where the carb becomes weird the 4 divider system just makes transition all the way up better even if the throttle is opened rapidly, like i said the only negative is at Wot with the 1/4 divider is a slight loss of CFM at Wot which is easily over come bay a slightly larger carb, and using a UFO is a huge plus at any throttle position also.

Rich

I would love to see the flow data and performance curves to better understand what is going on. 

I find it hard to understand why the scientist & engineers at any one of the major carburetor manufactures would not offer this on their factory devices if it worked well. The concept of vanes to make flow more laminar is used in jet engines and pumps; the intellectual leap to air flow through a carb would not seem to be that challenging.   But who knows?