Author Topic: Michigan Rider List  (Read 12981 times)

Offline Green_Manalishi

Re: Michigan Rider List
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »
Hi Team Michigan,

First of all, congratulations to all of you for getting involved and getting others rev'ed up.  I met Sean at the Gilmore ride (sweet cafe 750) and learned of the Rally while having lunch.  What a cool idea and a chance to ride with good people.  My ride, The Green Manalishi ('72 500 Four) has been running well, but can be a little fickle at times.  My brother from Maryland is coming for a 2 week visit on 7/29 so I am uncertain of how far I can hang with you guys.  I definitely want to make the day 0 ride to Allen Park whenever that turns out to be.  I think the bridge may be my exit, or maybe further down the road.

Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying some good times and ridin'.
Bill in Paw Paw

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 05:06:33 pm »
Hey Bill, how's it going...did you get that name from a Judas Priest song?...
Judas Priest - The Green Manalishi
anyway, it'll be cool to ride with ya again.
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 05:17:41 pm »
Good to have you on board Bill!  Sorry I missed ya at the Gilmore.  Sorry I missed Sean too for that matter!! LOL

Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline Green_Manalishi

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2011, 05:44:30 am »
Hey Sean, things are going well and hope the same is true for you.  I'm definitely lookin' forward to the good weather this weekend. 

Yes, Judas Preist was the origin for the name.  All of the bikes have ended up with a colorful musical moniker, Black Betty, Red Molly, etc..  Green Manalishi seemed appropriate for the bike and the rally, another japanese monster "Unleashed From The East"... LOL  Hope she doesn't become a real demon though and piss off GZ.

I'll try and firm up my schedule for the rally and get that back to Old_School and Team MI.  Lookin' forward to riding with you all.

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 05:48:13 am »
I'm planning on crossing over into Michigan, and meeting up with a friend in Hell, I will ride along as long as there isn't too long or short a delay after Windsor, I want to visit a friend for a day or 2 there, too.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 01:06:07 pm »
Sounds good Tripps!  I'm looking forward to meeting you and the rest of Team Ontario that can make it!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline RatRacer

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 03:22:57 pm »
Before I leave town I'll get my truck and trailer set up so if someone needs a rescue after we leave the Soo I can just call one of my friends to get the truck and pick up whoever need a tow.  I'm hoping if we have it ready as an option then we won't need to use it.
  • 1979 CB 650 SOHC/4.  Currently undergoing surgery to replace reason with insanity!
  • 1999 Ram 2500 QCSB Cummins Diesel.  Headache Rack, Spray-on Bedliner, S.Steel Nerf Bars, Silencer Ring MIA, 4" TB Aero Exhaust, 1-Ton Suspension Upgrade, BHAF.
  • 2007 Mustang GT California Special.  Convertible Top, Bullitt Exhaust.

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 08:09:42 pm »
Before I leave town I'll get my truck and trailer set up so if someone needs a rescue after we leave the Soo I can just call one of my friends to get the truck and pick up whoever need a tow.  I'm hoping if we have it ready as an option then we won't need to use it.
...really good thinkin'!
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline RatRacer

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 03:53:12 am »
really good thinkin'!

Yea they are Hondas... but at this point some of them are over 40 years old and might decide that a dirt-nap is a good idea.  Enough of us work on our own machines that we should be able to fix just about anything short of a complete catastrophic failure so I doubt we'll need the truck.
  • 1979 CB 650 SOHC/4.  Currently undergoing surgery to replace reason with insanity!
  • 1999 Ram 2500 QCSB Cummins Diesel.  Headache Rack, Spray-on Bedliner, S.Steel Nerf Bars, Silencer Ring MIA, 4" TB Aero Exhaust, 1-Ton Suspension Upgrade, BHAF.
  • 2007 Mustang GT California Special.  Convertible Top, Bullitt Exhaust.

Offline mjstone

• I'm definitly not a
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 12:23:43 pm »
really good thinkin'!

Yea they are Hondas... but at this point some of them are over 40 years old and might decide that a dirt-nap is a good idea.  Enough of us work on our own machines that we should be able to fix just about anything short of a complete catastrophic failure so I doubt we'll need the truck.
Better to have it available and not need it than the other way around.

MJ
1972 CB500Four (Honda)
1973 CB500Four (Oliver)

Offline DJ_AX

• Expert
  • ?!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 09:17:00 am »
Nice .. good looking out.

Looking forward to the ride.
~ Vincent . . . '75 CB750 K5 . . . '97 BMW r1100rt . . . had; '75 CB550 K1 (sold) . . .  '73 CB350G (gifted) HELL YEAH!
Disclaimer: I could be wrong. :)

Offline Tripps

• Perpetual Beginner
  • Hot Shot
  • 1978 CB750K
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 10:38:08 am »
Per request, I believe you can add me to the Michigan rider list, I didn't see my name listed, just "any Ontario riders heading on?" I will ride as far as Hell, anyway, but will probably stop and camp there with a Michigan friend.

Having trouble google mapping Kazoo, is that Michiganistani for Kalamazoo?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:42:42 am by Tripps »
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge- Daniel J Boorstin

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
Michigan Rider List
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 10:59:16 am »
Hey Tripps!

Yes, Kazoo = Kalamazoo.
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline Green_Manalishi

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 09:33:12 am »
Thank goodness for this website.  It has seriously helped me with sorting out issues on the bike.  Currently it sits awaiting a new clutch lifter rod (...really not two pieces) and I figure I should drop the pan to see were the 1/2" missing part of that lifter rod went.  Dang... part is no longer available... sounds like I am going to the junk yard...

I also found that my exhaust headers were missing the copper gaskets and may have been overheating my coils causing it to die when reaching temperature.  So I really had hoped to have put some miles on her to see that all was in order, but I still have some time if the parts are here.

Anyways, I am going to have my girlfriend follow us in my pickup (full size bed and ramps) from Kalamazoo to Interlochen so we will have that as a resource for the lower p leg.

See ya soon!

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 09:56:49 am »
Those copper oring seals may be on there just crushed as they are supposed to be and unrecognizable. Kinda blend in once they get discolored and flattened. If they are there it may be difficult to install the exhaust with the second set due to the extra thickness. Double check.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Green_Manalishi

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 08:59:42 pm »
+1 Jerry, on the advice.  That is why I love bikers and this site.  One waffer thin piece of copper was on #4, but all the rest were unaccounted for.  That would explain the heavily carbonized exhaust deposits on 3 out of 4 exhaust clamps
(joints).  Out of curiousity do you agree this might attribute to some stalling at speed in humid conditions after about 30 min. or should I go ahead and have the coils bench tested. 

I hope Service Honda can come through tomorrow with that clutch liter rod... Time is getting short for my shot at glory!  It will be great riding with people like you (not you Jerry, but someday hopefully ;))  BTW thanks for my #291 post.  Can't get enough Hell as real place humor!! ;D ;D ;D,.... and no it will not be my first time in, gettin' out, or going to Hell

You guys are awesome!

Offline Johnny5

• Master
    • CB350F build thread
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 08:15:40 pm »
Im just a Michigan rider.... :)
www.kerosenecycles.com
1971 CB350
1973 CB350F
2006 Harley Springer Classic

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 08:30:21 pm »
You throw'n your helmet into the ring on this ride Johnny?  Ur more than welcome!!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:09 pm »
Green,

I don't know about the stall. I'd look elsewhere. I don't think the 30 minutes would attribute to this but maybe. What ignition are you running? New tune up? Faulty condensor(s)? Vent good in gas cap? Fuel filter/petcock good? Check the back of your fuse block and look for signs of overheating/melting? Do you have a post going on this?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:37:50 pm by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Johnny5

• Master
    • CB350F build thread
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 03:10:56 am »
You throw'n your helmet into the ring on this ride Johnny?  Ur more than welcome!!

What are the dates of the meets? I might be able to head down to Detroit and meet at the Big Tire.
www.kerosenecycles.com
1971 CB350
1973 CB350F

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
Michigan Rider List
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 03:45:06 am »
Johnny,

Sat 7/23 at noon, Big Tire (or Mich Central Depot). Then we ride to Hell!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline Johnny5

• Master
    • CB350F build thread
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 05:40:59 am »
Oh sweet! I just found this in time then. I think Im in for Saturday. I'll probably be able to meet at the Big Tire and ride to Hell. Then, from there, I'll have to jet home. Are we doing lunch in Hell?
www.kerosenecycles.com
1971 CB350
1973 CB350F

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
Michigan Rider List
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 06:37:15 am »
Yep, lunch & refreshments in Hell! There is one bar there.  Hopefully it won't be real crowded, but ya never know. It's a popular biker hangout as ya could prolly guess!!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?

Offline magnum56

• Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 07:24:00 am »
Hi folks,
I am going to try and hook up with you at the hand-off Saturday, and ride along for a while.  Will have to play it by ear.
I PM'd to be added to the offical list. 
Thanks,
magnum56 
'74 CB750K

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
Michigan Rider List
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 07:38:21 am »
Welcome Aboard Magnum!
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Sure.
Is it hard?