Author Topic: '77 750K Cheap Commuter Project  (Read 6781 times)

Offline MorePDX

• the project, '77 750K
Re: '77 750K Cheap Commuter Project
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 03:44:59 pm »
Can anyone tell me the proper point I should be measuring from to set the float height on my K7 carbs?  ???  The bottoms of the floats are flat and measuring from different points along that horizontal plane yields different results for the same measurement of 12.5 mm.  See the picture below.

12.5 mm is the height given by the Honda shop manual for this bike.

When the float is level, the measurement is approximately 14.5 mm from the seating surface of the carb body to the bottom of the float.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  -my dad

Offline MorePDX

• the project, '77 750K
Re: '77 750K Cheap Commuter Project
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 08:02:20 am »
I'm working on the wiring right now and have everything working.  I replaced the stock fuse box with a blade-type box and replace the stock turn-signal relay with an electronic relay.  Everything is now working well except for the tail light.  It doesn't light up in the dim mode when I turn the key.  The headlight and front turn-signals both turn on to their "running" mode, but not the tail light.  I found the solid brown wire that comes out of the tail light and ends in a female bullet-connector in the headlight bucket but can't find a corresponding, solid brown, male connector to connect it to!  Any suggestions?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  -my dad