Author Topic: 76 CB550K Cafe Project NEW PICS!  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Gman

• Hot Shot
Re: Fentoozler's First Bike Build 76 CB550K
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 06:51:09 am »
F,
   It's coming along very nicely - I really like the back end/seat.  Do you mind my asking what shocks those are?  They look sharp! 

Cheers,
G
'76 CB550K
Stock airbox, MotoGPWerks 4-1, HondaMan ignition, Lesters

Offline Fentoozler

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 03:30:40 pm »
Thanks , I ordered the shocks from Dime City , they're the 14.5's mostly because the 13.2's were unavailable.
I slipped them on late last nite and love the downhill/forward stance they give it. I'll get some pics up hopefully tomorrow with a bunch of the new stuff tacked on.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-suspension-eye-to-clevis-365mm-14-5-inch-black-shock-absorbers-damper-32-0211.html

Offline Gman

• Hot Shot
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »
Thanks for the link - I'm looking forward to seeing pics of them on your bike, along w/the rearsets, etc.  Should look schweeet!

G
'76 CB550K

Offline Fentoozler

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »
Here's a pic of the shocks installed.

Updates will probably be few and far between for the next month or so because I broke my leg wakeboarding over the weekend.
Sitting in the house did help me find the time to jump on craigslist and score this little beauty though!

It runs and is completely clean looks like I'll have a Cafe and a Resto on my hands when my leg heals up.

Offline Fentoozler

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:15 pm »
Well I hobbled out to the shop and got the rearsets all figured out. I'd read a lot about the RAASK rearsets before I bought them and the general opinion seemed to be that the old style sucked but the newer ones had improved in quality. I got them from Omars RearSets and after me asking for the 3rd time he said " I assure you your kickstart will still work." WRONG   I'll post detailed pics of the rearsets if anyones interested but I would suggest building your own out of wood before these craptastic pieces.

On a happier note I found a local old school bike shop who was willing to trade some paint work for a little carb adjustment and exhaust wrapping and my beast is alive!
I'll do a whole bunch of pics over the next few days and a start up vid!

Offline Gman

• Hot Shot
Re: Cafe 76 CB550K
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 06:51:16 pm »
F,
    Really clean triangle on the cafe - did everything fit as planned?  Looks great!  Nice score on the resto - wish I had the time/space to do some work like you've done... keep it up.

Cheers,
G
'76 CB550K

Offline Fentoozler

Re: 76 CB550K Cafe Project NEW PICS!
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 06:35:30 am »
Thanks Gman , almost everything worked the way I hoped except the rearsets , ended up moving my kickstart 90 degrees and chopping a small piece off the rearset to make it work.

Really happy with the way the exhaust turned out

And heres whats under the seat

Offline robdrobd

• Who? Me?
  • Master
  • Isn't she a beauty?
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20:50 am »
Here's a pic of the shocks installed.

Updates will probably be few and far between for the next month or so because I broke my leg wakeboarding over the weekend.
Sitting in the house did help me find the time to jump on craigslist and score this little beauty though!

It runs and is completely clean looks like I'll have a Cafe and a Resto on my hands when my leg heals up.

Hey, How tall are those shocks? I am trying to decide between 13.5 and 14.5. Can you touch the ground at a light? I am 5'11''. Thanks

Offline davo_florida

Re: 76 CB550K Cafe Project NEW PICS!
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 12:11:59 pm »
just curious if you'll be parting with a 4:2 exhaust.