Author Topic: Oil filter bolt thread pattern cb400f  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Kanticoy

• Enthusiast
  • Mad Science!
Oil filter bolt thread pattern cb400f
« on: December 03, 2011, 01:52:00 pm »
Does anyone know what the thread size and pitch is for this bolt?  I snagged a Lockhart cooler kit for my race bike build, but it's missing the bolt extension.  If I can find the thread pitch, etc, I'm gonna either get Terry to make me an extension for the sandwich plate, or see what comes up.  Any help is appreciated.  I'm THINKING it's an M20 1.5, but I can't check without pulling the filter, and it's either on my dd with fresh oil, or the build motor which is an hour away.  Any help is appreciated! 

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:21:53 pm by Kanticoy »

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
Re: Oil filter bolt thread pattern cb400f
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »
I recently sold a complete oil cooler setup that was pulled from a 72 CB750.On that kit the longer filter bolt looked liked it was somehow made from welding/brazing parts from two identical stock bolts together.Sorry I don't have a pic but another member now has the setup now.Maybe another stock bolt  and some fabbing and your good to go.

Offline Kanticoy

• Enthusiast
  • Mad Science!
Re: Oil filter bolt thread pattern cb400f
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 04:00:33 pm »
That's very interesting,  Thanks for the info, I may have to go that route.  I've put in a few inquiries.  CycleX makes a kit with the adapter bolt I need included.  I asked about maybe purchasing just the center bolt and converting to a screw on filter.....we will see.  That would be very cool.