Author Topic: Benefit Auction  (Read 38953 times)

Offline FuZZie

• Expert
  • If I is expert, I can has cheezburger?
Re: Benefit Auction
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »
You sure sam that url is for posting?
action=post

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 01:40:32 am »
Thanks FuZZie, the beer was good last night. ;D ;D ;D ;D It's corrected. ::)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline FuZZie

• Expert
  • If I is expert, I can has cheezburger?
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 06:00:47 am »
You know a website is out there for him, I'll drop you a url you can add it to your original post if you wish. ;)
http://www.mikethebike.com/biography.htm

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 04:32:26 pm »
Okay Guys, I've been rummaging thru my parts bins, and I've found what I've been told is an Andrews "K" grind cam for a CB750. It's a good one, it came with a K0 head and 836cc pistons and barrels I bought on EBay a few years ago. I believe that the K grind cam is similar to Megacycle's 125/65. If you're not familiar with this cam, here's a link to the specs from Axl's site:

http://www.satanicmechanic.org/andrewscam.shtml

To help the auction along, I'll also pay the postage, (anywhere where in the world) so the lucky bidder will only pay the winning bid. Cheers, Terry. ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 01:06:27 am »
Good one Terry,

I'll start the bidding at 85USD.

Cheers mate,

Rob
Better sorry for failing then for the lack of trying.

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2012, 01:12:59 am »
I'll bid $95...... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2012, 07:02:30 am »
Oh, you rascal you,

Ok up a tenner...........105USD. All for that great cause. Get well Brian!

Rob

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2012, 04:11:59 pm »
Thanks guys, that's great. I'll let the auction run until midnight on the 14th, then I'll go dig something else out to auction off. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline sohc boy

• Hot Shot
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 02:13:19 am »
..Terry .. damn !would like that cam to go with the R.C. pistons ,but the last of my play money just got eaten up by a malfuntion  in my van
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:25:25 am by sohc boy »
i live by the voice inside my head

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 02:49:13 am »
Ha ha, no worries mate, I'm sure it'll go to a good home. I think Russ Collins used these cams in his "Cobra" engines, but I could be wrong? This cam came with the RC 836CC pistons and rods that I'm running in my K1. I didn't use the cam because I'd just bought the Megacycle 125/75 cam, and used it basically, because I didn't know where to find the specs for the Andrews cam. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2012, 03:52:45 am »
Oh, you rascal you,

Ok up a tenner...........105USD. All for that great cause. Get well Brian!

Rob

Be carefull guys, make sure your bid is in the same type of $.     At $95, the Ausie one is nearly £1 more than the US one. ::)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2012, 04:17:41 am »
Sorry Guys, I've only got an "Aussie dollar" key on my compuker, (the Aussie dollar is worth about 2 US cents more than the USD at the moment) but to make it easier, we'll assume that all bids are in US dollars, OK? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline mickey6

• Enthusiast
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2012, 05:08:27 am »
hey scottly go ahead and run those rear set plates for auction again as my contribution to the cause. I'm gonna send Sam the amount that I won the auction, but I no longer actually need them as I decided to part out thhe project I was going to use them on. This way we save on shipping cost and time ;D
76 cb750F in 7 boxes
73 cb500 daily cafe

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2012, 05:17:01 am »
Nice one Mickey. When you send it, Click on personal and send as a gift in £ GB >:( >:( >:( >:( to late.  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Mickey, God bless you. 8)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline mickey6

• Enthusiast
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2012, 05:23:58 am »
Nice one Mickey. When you send it, Click on personal and send as a gift in £ GB >:( >:( >:( >:( to late.  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Mickey, God bless you. 8)

Sam. ;)

Sorry bout that got in too much of a hurry ;D
76 cb750F in 7 boxes
73 cb500 daily cafe

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2012, 05:52:35 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline JLeather

• Expert
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:39 am »
I got $120 for that cam.  BTW Terry, I think the RC327 cam was in the Cobra motors, not the 315.  It's a hot one, though, for sure.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »
Ok, we got a fight,  ;), on our hands, another ten towards Brian. 130USD for the cam.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2012, 01:48:18 pm »
Well done Rob, and I think JL's right too. I've got three of those cams but there's lobe damage on two of them. (This one is fine though) I must take them to Wade camshafts here in Melbourne and get them welded up and re-ground so I can use one in my new engine. Cheers, Terry. ;D

Online scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2012, 06:16:29 pm »
hey scottly go ahead and run those rear set plates for auction again as my contribution to the cause. I'm gonna send Sam the amount that I won the auction, but I no longer actually need them as I decided to part out thhe project I was going to use them on. This way we save on shipping cost and time ;D
Thankfully, I checked here before heading to the post office; I got the stuff boxed up yesterday, but decided to dig around more looking for the BSF bolts that thread into the frame tube clamps; found 3 of the 4.
If you are interested in the relay patch, you can apply what you have sent Sam to any bid you make.
Scott
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline mickey6

• Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2012, 03:07:22 am »
Thankfully, I checked here before heading to the post office; I got the stuff boxed up yesterday, but decided to dig around more looking for the BSF bolts that thread into the frame tube clamps; found 3 of the 4.
If you are interested in the relay patch, you can apply what you have sent Sam to any bid you make.
Scott
thank you scottly. I would feel cheap if I were to apply what I sent Sam for the rear sets set up towards anything else lol... no matter how badly I want that patch as I kinda spaced ordering one when  was planning my leg of the rally.

Scott what do ya say we start the bidding on that rear set stuff again.
Do I hear $20.

76 cb750F in 7 boxes
73 cb500 daily cafe

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2012, 07:31:30 am »
OK. ;D

Sam. ;)

P.S. come on guys, help me out, I don't want these. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D just getting the auction under way again. ;)

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Online scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2012, 07:07:55 pm »

thank you scottly. I would feel cheap if I were to apply what I sent Sam for the rear sets set up towards anything else lol... no matter how badly I want that patch as I kinda spaced ordering one when  was planning my leg of the rally.

Hey, it'll still cost you another $15 just to make the minimum bid, which would be $15 more for Bear. ;) Hell, they were only about $8 to begin with. Remember, nort only had 100 made, as I recall, so this may be your last chance. Buy it, or I'll feel guilty!!!!
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline RAFster122s

• I feel like a really really
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2012, 07:37:50 pm »
Hey Scott, Why don't you post a "board" in this thread with the current bid and item so everyone knows where things are now.
That way they can sift through the chaff to get to the wheat and get and keep the ball rolling on the bidding. Posting an Auction board every so often would keep everyone on track...

Maybe in the format of:

(A) ITEM      (B) DONATED BY      (C) CURRENT BID    (D) CURRENT HIGH BIDDER   (E) CLOSING TIME

Just a made up  example ...
(1A)  Nort Rear sets (see post #96 for description)
(1B) Scottly
(1C)  $20US
(1D)  SAMCB750A
(1E)  10PM Jan 8th

Just a thought...
David
David- back in the desert SW!

Offline mickey6

• Enthusiast
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2012, 07:43:27 pm »

Hey, it'll still cost you another $15 just to make the minimum bid, which would be $15 more for Bear. ;) Hell, they were only about $8 to begin with. Remember, nort only had 100 made, as I recall, so this may be your last chance. Buy it, or I'll feel guilty!!!!
Ok Scott, consider my arm twisted ;D. I bid on the relay patch.
76 cb750F in 7 boxes
73 cb500 daily cafe