Author Topic: 750 K8 rebirth/rebuild in progress  (Read 1949 times)

Offline TheJawsOfDeath

750 K8 rebirth/rebuild in progress
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:00:23 am »
Had my 750 for five years now.  This is a picture of its last state of being with lowering blocks in the rear, fork tubes slid up in the trees, (bad) homemade seat pan with couch cushion and leather jacket padding and upholstery and repositioned stock fender with sparto tail light.

It got the job done but I was never really happy with it.  I guess the look I'm going for is a slammed softtail bobber streetfighter...i don't know what to call it.  Low, lean, and mean, I guess.  I should have motor out of the frame later today, at which point I need to make some decisions.  Keep the frame stock, modify it, or go the other direction and hardtail?  My inspiration right now is this sick DOHC 750 I found on the net.

I like the look of how you're almost sitting on the rear tire.  Big difference is this DOHC's frame angles down below the mounts for the shocks, helps with that look.  You could do a more mild "kong-ing" to an sohc frame to get that..maybe keep it stock with a different seat, or relocate the shock mounts.  I'm also considering fitting the longer DOHC swingarm, should help it look a little more "laid out."  One thought I had was to chop the rear of the frame and have a short, upward hoop welded in above the shock mounts that would follow the line of the back of the "Triangle" under the seat.  Have the back of the seat pan follow that up for a very small backrest, and fab a mount to keep the rear fender tucked nice and tight to the tire.  Just looking for input or suggestions from you guys. 
1978 CB750 K