Author Topic: Meetup in the KEYS for Memorial Day Weekend  (Read 2391 times)

Offline coastertrav

• All I wanna do is racecar
Meetup in the KEYS for Memorial Day Weekend
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:36:24 am »
So long story short, my roommate and I + a friend of ours are heading from Orlando to Key West over memorial day weekend. My roommate and I are riding our CB550 and CB500 and the friend has a new BMW. My roommate and I have been buddies since we were 7, and he has just got a job working with Boeing in Seattle so this will be our last chance for a road trip, and the Keys seemed like a good destination. Leaving on Thursday morning and returning Tuesday night.

Any ideas/suggestions? This is our first motorcycle trip we've planned. The idea is to only spend money on gas, food and beer and camp/couchsurf the whole time.

Offline Duanob

• Bold Timer
  • Old Timer
  • Gotcha!
Re: Meetup in the KEYS for Memorial Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:29:52 am »
Welcome to Seattle! You will miss winter riding in FLA!
"Just because you flush a butt-load of money down the toilet, doesn't make the toilet worth more",  My Step-Father the Unknown Poet

1974 CB360T
1976 CB550K2 Resurrected
1976 CB550F2 Barn Find
1979 CX500 Delux "HONDA-GUZZI"
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie
2015 BMW F700GS

__o
_- \_<,
(*) /' (*)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »
Take your time, be careful and enjoy. The 2 lane can be treacherous. Key Weird is great. Sunset at Mallory Square!! Hopefully there will be some cruise ships docked too. The more the merrier. I remember the days of wandering Duval St in drunken stupors. If you miss something on the way down you can always catch it heading back.   
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

BrockSamson

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:12:25 pm »
Once you get on the 7-mile bridge make sure you strictly follow the speed limits posted as you continue south.  They do not kid around.  Also watch out for all the tourists on their rental scooters. 

You will have a great time.  Great bars and good people.