Poll

Would you rather be BIKING, RESTORING, or BOTH

BIKING
22 (28.2%)
RESTORING
9 (11.5%)
BOTH
47 (60.3%)
NONE - if you choose this one, may be you don't belong here...? lol just joking, everyone is welcome :)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Would you rather be BIKING or RESTORING?  (Read 8258 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Would you rather be BIKING or RESTORING?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 02:46:49 am »
Well I can see that you're a serious art collector Goldy, I wish I had access to cheap yard art like you lucky buggers in the US. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 06:26:08 pm »

Arkansas doesn't have year round, decent riding weather, at least not for me. So I would say Both and be active doing something with motorcycles.  ;)
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!

Offline Can550

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:34 pm »
I’m with Steve O
I have 3 riders and 9 projects
This year very little riding, mostly wrenching

Both are fun for some and just riding at times gets boring. If nothing at least changing oil or retiming is satisfying IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rb550four

• Master
  • I'm nobody's slave and nobody's master
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2018, 07:22:14 am »
On sunny days , I want to ride
On rain days, I want to wrench more than ride

On summer days , I like  to wrench and ride
On winter days, I I wish I could ride and force myself to wrench

On spring days I want to wrench to prep for a ride,  and feel like a thief if I ride before the bike is ready
On  fall days,  I  ride even when I shouldn't,  prepping for storage holds little interest .
                  I look forward to my next warm ride , remembering the best of rides in years past......as the snows fall.
                                                          For the next 6 months.

How can we sustain ourselves!!!! What kind of question is this?!!! I can't provide an answer,  both are  important , depending on the day and month... and none is important should there be no opportunity to do either, it's impossible to know the answer...must we choose?........MUST WE ?!!!

A few Honda 500's, a few Honda 550's, a few Honda 650's, '72 cb 450, a couple 500/550/650 hybrids, and 2001 750. 
  550 Snowbike -Somebody had to do it.
  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,101678.0.html             
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,137317.msg1550907.html#msg1550907

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 07:10:57 pm »
Well this IS an old thread, only a few posts ago I had 5 bikes and was struggling with them, fast forward to today and I've got 13 complete bikes, two of which are "projects" that I need to get done ASAP.

In the last couple of months I've had major surgery and have been in and out of hospital due to complications, (nothing serious) and a prostate issue (in hospital as I write this) and as much as I like sitting on my arse doing nothing, I'd gladly trade it for doing some wrenching and some riding.

Back in hospital again for minor surgery on Friday, but all going well I'll get my Kawasaki ZZR1100 (ZX11) back together next weekend, and kick off on my 1977 Kawa Z1000 "Street Beast" build, where I'm turning a 140 BHP Moriwaki 1100cc drag bike back into some semblance of its road bike roots. I'm getting excited! ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)