Author Topic: International Tag Team Project 750 K6  (Read 33374 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: International Tag Team Project 750 K6
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2012, 03:03:32 am »
Looks good Adam, you'll have to get some of that Mother's Polish that everyone goes on about to make sure it stays shiny. When's your birthday mate? Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

maduncle

« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2012, 03:13:16 am »

Keep going Adam,

When I can make out who the photographer is in the reflection in the polished part - then it is finished.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2012, 04:05:28 am »
My new wheels and spokes came in today! One of you guys have a jig and some time to help me lace up some wheels? I was thinking about trying to borrow a car to take to one of your shops on the weekend if one of you has time. If not, I'll manage to find something else to do. I may even try to figure it out on my own. I've heard the thread on this forum about it is supposed to be pretty helpful. The new rims seem pretty nice. They're real light. I hope that doesn't mean they're weak. Here's a pic.

Terry, my birthday is the 30th. I'll be 30. It's on a Thursday, so we'll be hitting some pubs the day after. You're all welcome to join us.

maduncle

« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2012, 04:13:04 am »

Nice rims Adam.

Now, if you have a laced rim as a guide you can do the loose lacing yourself, then take them to Ace Motorcycles in Heidelberg who will tighten and true them for you - I imagine I am only saying what Terry would have said - as that is what Terry said to me.

And a birthday drink sounds good - any excuse.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2012, 04:32:12 am »
Sweet az! I do have a laced front rim I can look at.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2012, 03:59:26 pm »
+1 on what Cliff said Adam, ring Jeff at Ace 94572723 and lace them up loose, and he'll true them for you. Tell him I sent you, and he'll probably swear at you and charge you extra! Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Retro Rocket

• Eggs are hard due too a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2012, 03:05:28 am »
My new wheels and spokes came in today! One of you guys have a jig and some time to help me lace up some wheels? I was thinking about trying to borrow a car to take to one of your shops on the weekend if one of you has time. If not, I'll manage to find something else to do. I may even try to figure it out on my own. I've heard the thread on this forum about it is supposed to be pretty helpful. The new rims seem pretty nice. They're real light. I hope that doesn't mean they're weak. Here's a pic.

Terry, my birthday is the 30th. I'll be 30. It's on a Thursday, so we'll be hitting some pubs the day after. You're all welcome to join us.

Nice rims Adam, my birthday is on the 30th as well...I'll have a beer for you....{and me}  ;D
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc
If You can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2012, 03:27:47 pm »
After back breaking work in the garden all weekend I got to lace up my wheels. I told Abby I should read the FAQ first because everyone does it wrong the first time, but I already had all my stuff out so I just got started. Bad idea. I thought since I had a wheel to look at it wouldn't be a problem. I had everything in the right holes, but I did it in the wrong order. Always remember to start with the ones that you put in from the outside. Anyway, here's a few pics.

I'll have to get in touch with the guy about truing and all that. I guess I need to start looking at rubber too.

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »
Good job!

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2012, 12:26:23 am »
They look great Adam, well done! Don't forget you'll need to install the bearings before Jeff can true them for you. If you need me to drop them off at Ace, let me know? Cheers, Terry. ;D

maduncle

« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2012, 03:41:42 am »
Hey well done Adam, they look great!

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:56 am »
Thanks guys. Terry, I may take you up on dropping them off for me. I called Ace today and they said to just bring them in whenever. I guess I should put in the bearings first. Abby gave me a birthday present today. "My CB750 book" by Mark Paris! Nice hardback copy. I'm so happy. :'(

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2012, 04:08:40 am »
That's lovely Adam, I'm too lousy to buy Mark's book, so I might borrow yours after you've finished reading it? Has it got lots of pics? Cheers, Terry. ;D

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2012, 04:15:54 am »
It has lots of pics, but even more information. I'll let you borrow it once I get the bike together. I've just been skipping around in it looking at things I need to know now/soon, but I plan on reading it from front to back at some point. I haven't been able to get into any other books lately so I may start sooner than later.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2012, 01:19:26 am »
Just a reminder that I'll be going out for drinks in the city tomorrow if anyone wants to join. I think we're going to start at the James Squire Brewhouse on Russell around 8pm. Not sure where we'll head from there, but I thought it would be an easy place for everyone to find. I think the place is also called the Portland Hotel.

Also, Happy Birthday to Retro Rocket (Mick?)!
"The League" Birthday Song (Jon Lajoie)

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2012, 01:25:30 am »
All the best Adam and Mick! ;D

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2012, 01:30:41 am »
Just a reminder that I'll be going out for drinks in the city tomorrow if anyone wants to join. I think we're going to start at the James Squire Brewhouse on Russell around 8pm. Not sure where we'll head from there, but I thought it would be an easy place for everyone to find. I think the place is also called the Portland Hotel.

Also, Happy Birthday to Retro Rocket (Mick?)!
"The League" Birthday Song (Jon Lajoie)

Happy Birthday to you too Adam... ;)   Thanks Terry....
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

maduncle

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2012, 05:32:24 am »

Happy Birthday Adam and Mick,

I won't make it tomorrow night Adam, but I hope to catch up with you soon - even ride over and visit one Saturday.

Offline wixil

• gas passing
  • Old Timer
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2012, 05:51:47 am »
Happy birthday, guys.  Adam, have a few beers for me.  I'll flog a go kart in your honor with the boys this weekend. 

Offline Roach Carver

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2012, 06:04:48 am »
How do Australians celebrate birthdays anyway. Do you drink and then sock each other in the face. Ive seen crocodile dundee so I think maybe so? Oh yeah, happy birthday fellas. Keep you hands up.

maduncle

« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2012, 06:20:11 am »
Nah mate!

We Aussies just get pissed as newts then piss ourselves laughing at the mythical Aussie stereotypes perpetuated by modern cinema and how the septics believe everything they see on TV.

Offline Radam

• taco racer
  • Master
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2012, 02:50:05 pm »
Cliff, I forgot to tell you that I got a bbq. If you bring the gas bottle by on Sunday I'll make a drunk chook. It's supposed to be nice and 19. No worries if you can't. Abby made me a big Chicago style pizza for my b-day that will take some time to eat. ;D

Offline Retro Rocket

• Really Old Timer ...
  • ROCK & ROLL
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2012, 03:08:29 pm »
Thanks for the bday wishes guys... ;)
750 K2 1000cc
750 F1 970cc
750 Bitsa 900cc

maduncle

« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2012, 08:25:55 pm »
Cliff, I forgot to tell you that I got a bbq. If you bring the gas bottle by on Sunday I'll make a drunk chook. It's supposed to be nice and 19. No worries if you can't. Abby made me a big Chicago style pizza for my b-day that will take some time to eat. ;D

Being dads day and all, I gotta work in the shop that day. But the cylinder is all yours - is it easier for me to drop it at Terry's place?

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2012, 12:34:10 am »
How do Australians celebrate birthdays anyway. Do you drink and then sock each other in the face. Ive seen crocodile dundee so I think maybe so? Oh yeah, happy birthday fellas. Keep you hands up.

Nah mate!

We Aussies just get pissed as newts then piss ourselves laughing at the mythical Aussie stereotypes perpetuated by modern cinema and how the septics believe everything they see on TV.

Speak for yourself Cliff, you Metrosexual you, I get drunk and punch myself in the face! (which explains why I'm so purty...........) ;D