Author Topic: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.  (Read 803502 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Let it all hang out,tell us how you really feel and what pisses you off.
« Reply #16900 on: July 11, 2020, 05:08:36 pm »
Hopefully those feral hogs don't turn into something like the rabbit plague.

Ha ha, well the pig shooting was back in 1989 Eric, and there was plenty of other shooters around, but the farmer who's property we were camping on hadn't allowed any shooters on his property before us, so we had an easy weekend of camping, drinking and shooting, we made some money, and the Germans got their bacon.

Over here we have a special breed of monster called "Razorbacks", they even made a documentary about them in 1984........... ;D

I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

Offline Alan F.

• just the essentials
  • Old Timer
  • Building a CB750K8 during lockdown!
« Reply #16901 on: July 11, 2020, 05:27:59 pm »
Ends stages of a relationship piss me off when kids are involved. Everything is a fight amd every thing i had was poured into it. so looking at starting back at square one.
pisses me off to waste years of my life.

I'm with ya Gurp, it's just pain upon pain and indignance after indignance. The courts have never helped me one bit either. I'm in the final stages of it after a decade and it's still not much easier.
Free Fork Swaps and Upgrades info parked at http://sites.google.com/site/alansdocuments/ 

My stalled 750K3 build: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=46082.0

Fast moving 750K8 build started 5/17/20
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,182592.0.html

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • AZ
« Reply #16902 on: July 11, 2020, 07:18:56 pm »
Hopefully those feral hogs don't turn into something like the rabbit plague.
My Gramma showed me a picture, and told me about a rabbit drive in Kansas in the '30s. The dust bowl and depression were bad enough for the farmers, but they were being overrun by rabbits, which ate whatever meager crops they could get to grow. They would have people and cars spread out in a large circle, and close in making noise, driving the rabbits into a pen, where they were clubbed to death.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline ken65

• Hot Shot
« Reply #16903 on: July 11, 2020, 09:17:18 pm »
Our next door neighbour has a pet miniature pig. Its a 100kg I reckon and looks just like pigs out west . Gored their son a couple of years ago in the leg. After rain its smelly. On a still night its smelly and if its a westerly its smelly.
cb750 k5, , kawasaki H1 ,,, 2 x  yam rd350lc, yam 98 R1,,Suzuki 86 slabbie.

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #16904 on: July 11, 2020, 10:31:57 pm »
ooohh ken!...that is creepy picture!
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline spotty

• Expert
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16905 on: July 11, 2020, 10:40:19 pm »
Electrics piss me off That is all
It seems I've kicked the Honda habit again...anyone mind if I stick around ?

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • AZ
« Reply #16906 on: July 11, 2020, 10:45:00 pm »
Consider yourself lucky spotty, if your only problems are with electrics. ;)
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline spotty

• Expert
  • cb750....for when a Vmax is just too much bike
    • spottys world of vmaxes and great danes
« Reply #16907 on: July 11, 2020, 11:02:42 pm »
I should have said " that is all I have to say for the moment ' , there will be more

Check out the zzr thread for details of my lack of electrical success today
It seems I've kicked the Honda habit again...anyone mind if I stick around ?

Offline ken65

• Hot Shot
ooohh ken!...that is creepy picture!
When the new neighbours at the back moved in . They have an old dog and the pig would go feral and would charge the fence.
The fence on out side has the 4" x 3" post broken .The trees are holding it up.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • AZ
When my brother-in-law Del was a youth, he was visiting his uncle's ranch near San Simeon, home of Hearst Castle. Hearst had a private zoo, and after it was closed decades earlier, the less exotic animals like pigs were set loose. Del was out hunting in the woods with a single shot .22 rifle and one cartridge, when he happened on a piglet, so he shot it, not realizing that where piglets were there was a sow near by, in this case a very angry sow whose baby he had just killed. He managed to scramble up a tree, where the sow trapped him for hours, until his uncle finally found him. ;D   

Offline ken65

• Hot Shot
When my brother-in-law Del was a youth, he was visiting his uncle's ranch near San Simeon, home of Hearst Castle. Hearst had a private zoo, and after it was closed decades earlier, the less exotic animals like pigs were set loose. Del was out hunting in the woods with a single shot .22 rifle and one cartridge, when he happened on a piglet, so he shot it, not realizing that where piglets were there was a sow near by, in this case a very angry sow whose baby he had just killed. He managed to scramble up a tree, where the sow trapped him for hours, until his uncle finally found him. ;D
An old mate of mine spent a couple of hours stuck in a tree with a pig or two keeping an eye on him.
He could only look look at hes .243 at the base of the tree.

Offline ekpent

• Really Old Timer ...
  • To many bikes-but lookin' for more
 This is an example of the little oinkers we have running around Michigan. They are actually a Russian Boar variety that have escaped from hunting grounds that should have been kept fenced in. Yummy - nice tender fawn is a delicacy.  ;)

Offline Bailgang

• Scott
  • Master
  • Indiana
Yes Scott/Bail good luck on your test and hope its negative. Hearing some of these results are still taking a long time. Took my Son around 7 days to get his results and was in self-quarantine and could not go to work.

Ah geez definitely not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping to get it all over with this weekend but no hospitals around here were taking schedules over the weekend so I have to wait till tomorrow (Monday) to set a test up and in the meantime I can't go back to work until the results are back showing negative and that may take a couple of days or all week. Well anyhow I feel just fine, I think my Dr was mostly concerned because I fall into the "high risk" and wants me tested more as a precaution. While in the Dr's office his nurse kept asking if I had a runny nose and or a dry cough and I said no so she asked me again and I again said no, then she asked "are you sure?". My wife's not too thrilled about it either because she was in the Dr's office with me and he wants her to take a covid test too which of course means she has to self quarantine.
Scott

71 cb350 twin
77 cb750 F2
83 gl1100 Interstate

Offline Alan F.

• just the essentials
  • Old Timer
  • Building a CB750K8 during lockdown!
I bought some razor blades the other day just for scraping gaskets, where'd they go? These gaskets aren't going to scrape themselves...

« Last Edit: Today at 04:09:33 pm by Alan F. »
Free Fork Swaps and Upgrades info parked at http://sites.google.com/site/alansdocuments/ 

My stalled 750K3 build: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=46082.0

Fast moving 750K8 build started 5/17/20
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,182592.0.html

;
Honda