Author Topic: Aluminum side covers CB750K WOW  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Fastbike

Re: Aluminum side covers CB750K WOW
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 07:30:45 pm »
Cmon' Jim, what fun would that be!  Can't polish carbon fiber ;D
I'm not as smart as I look, but I am pretty.

Offline FrankenFrankenstuff

• Master
    • FrankenBike Stuff Store
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 07:33:06 pm »
I can chrome carbon fiber....Hey  Bill, didn't I send you a chrome set for calender girl bike?

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:04 pm »
Yah, they not cheap to make, just sold my used set for $200.00. Need some hi/po rods! ;D

So my offer wasn't good enough ?  Wish i would of known that $200.oo was all it would take to get those covers.   :( :'(
                 I'll keep looking.......   ::)
Jon, would rather have taken yours, but he emailed me before you posted.....damn, oh well, guess he's happy! Just told Sam, I wished I'd known, Bill

It's all good Bill.   ;D  I should of pm'd ya right away.   :-\   Snooze ya loose as they say.    ;)

As for the selling cost Frankenstuff..... ???? Good question.  Some years back i looked into having a company produce some covers using the sand cast method...... :o  The start-up cost was real high !  The only way to get some of the cost down was to make the plug for the mold myself. In order to make the plug properly you have to take the original side cover and section it into 4 separate pieces, bond it back together so that the part is about 15% larger ( to compensate for shrinkage when the poured aluminum cools down ).  That's if you get it right the first time.  Needless to say i didn't have the funds to start that adventure.   :-\  :'( :'(   
          If Frankenstuff has the method down pat to where the parts fit right in the frame, and the demand is there, it's up to him what he wants to charge for them. I know i really want a pair, just gotta find the funds.....  :(
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

• Master
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 07:51:37 am »
I learned a bit about it when doing my alloy points cover.  I even bought all of the tools from the pattern makers shop at the foundry I am using. Ha.

Offline SINGH PRECISIONS

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 03:29:37 pm »
Hey All

I am Singh, Owner/Founder of Singh Precisions.
The Alloy side covers in the original pic looks like one of my early hand made ones.
I make side covers (tanks, seats, etc) by hand hammering alloy from scratch.
The sidecovers have all stock dimensions and mounting tabs. They mount over the frame just like the stock side covers.
I have these side covers in Stock. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Polished Side covers - 245 $
Brushed - 210 $
Shipping anywhere in the world - 35 $

Thanks
Singh

Offline Old Scrambler

• My CB750K3 has been in 39 States & 5 Provinces
  • Old Timer
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 03:43:11 pm »
Very Nice ;D 8) 8) 8)
Dennis in Wisconsin
'64 Triumph Cub & '74 Honda CB750 Bonneville Salt Flats AMA Record Holder (6)
CB750 Classic Bonneville Racer thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,135473.0.html
'63 CL72 Project(s)
'66 CL77 Red
'67 Triumph T100C
'73 750K3 Owned since New
'77 750F2 Cafe Project
2020 ROYAL ENFIELD Himalayan

Offline POPS 911

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »
And I though JESSIE JAMES [ West Coast Chopper now Austin Texas Fab shop ] could pound metal into shapes, this person SINGH PRECISIONS  is a TRUE CRAFTMANS.

Offline Parkwood60

• Pilez & Driverz
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »
There you go, Signh himself has joined the thread. I totally plan on buying a pair from him, but tires and shocks are more important than cosmetics at the moment. I'd love to buy a tank too. Formed, polished aluminum is so beautiful looking.

You know what lighter than cast or pressed AL, or even carbon fiber? Nothing at all!

Offline BLUE71TURBO

• Master
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »
 When it comes to custom side covers.... I'm staying with Frankenstuff.   ;)  8)
Remember; Before you can be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid !

• Master
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 08:26:05 pm »
Ahhhhh! Thanks dude. For what its worth, Made in America and I give tax money to uncle Sam.

Offline Ricky_Racer

• Master
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »
I've had a set of these in the past. The MPD (Magnuson) cast side covers are heavy and had a nasty rep for falling off at speed. Whomever bought them, you might want to fix some lanyards so you don't have to retrieve one that a truck has driven over!   ???  RR
I was put on Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never die!