Author Topic: Spanish translation check needed  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
  • I REALLY? hate black rims.
Spanish translation check needed
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »
Has Google translate got this right?

Did Honda Racing in Argentina have a motorcycle race shop back in the 60s?
Some years ago, I bought a race bike that was said to have originated from there and I am looking to find out more of this bikes history. ¿Sabía Honda Racing en Argentina tienen una carrera de motos de nuevo taller en los años 60?
Hace algunos años, me compré una moto de carreras que se dice que se originó a partir de ahí y estoy buscando para saber más de esta historia bicicletas.

Sam.  ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92
RS 175. sprint/land speed bike
JMR Racing CB750A street ET drag bike

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Spanish translation check needed
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:11:13 pm »
si. Et say senor sam y muy loco geezer
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »
Como se dice, en Espanol, por favor, "pictures or it didn't happen"?
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 01:38:21 am »
You want a picture of a thousand bits and pieces Scott ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hope to have it together in a few months.

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline scottly

• Global Moderator
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 06:22:01 pm »
You could at least give us an idea of what sort of bike it is, like does it have more than two cylinders? ???
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 03:00:50 am »
no.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 01:40:35 pm »
Sam, I was born in Argentina and my Castellano is still sharp, so just send me the phrase in english.... :) google tends to mess up the words order

Who are you trying to contact there?

Asta luego, compañero!

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:38 pm »
Hi Yossef, The message was in my first post, here it is again.

Did Honda Racing in Argentina have a motorcycle race shop back in the 60s?
Some years ago, I bought a race bike that was said to have originated from there and I am looking to find out more of this bikes history.

I could do with finding a forum (like ours) with loads of old men (like me) in Argentina that might be able to help.

I bought the bike, a CB92 damaged race bike from a guy on ebay. It was priced right at £2000 and another £680 took care of the shipping and import duty. I had plenty of spares lying around doing nothing so thought it was a snip as these bikes can easily fetch between £4000 and $6000 depending on condition.
On opening the first crate (rolling chassis) my heart sunk, it was more or less totaled. The tank from a later model and had more holes than a sieve and was bashed as was the home made seat. The front fork was OK as was the swingarm but the frame was twisted. Both wheel rims were toast as was the magnesium front hub and brake plate.
Both of the crates had little perspex windows (I'm guessing for customs) and the crate that the motor was in had the left hand side panel to come off first which revealed the motor with a 150cc cylinder head. My first thoughts were that it was a C95 (two a penny) motor but then noticed it had a 3 bearing crankcase like the CB92. Still thinking I had been done as it's easy to fit the top end of a C95 onto the bottom end of a CB92 I looked for the engine number.....NONE, it had not been ground off as the checkering where the number should be was nice and crisp. Still not convinced I pulled the motor from the case and found the head had a tacho drive, something the C95 head didn't have. At this stage I'm thinking WTF ???
I went back to the frame in search of the frame number,....nothing in the normal place,...no vin plate near the head stock,...no stampings on the headstock itself. At this point I'm not thinking about the damage, I'm thinking CB95, only 300 odd made and very few left Japan apart from 4 that were sent to the States.
I'm now into this project for over £8000 and although the bike is close to completion I am short of one part.
The story that came with the bike was that it locked up and put the rider in hospital for a long time, it didn't seize, it threw a rod and there was a bloody great lump of the lower crankcase missing which probably oiled the rear tyre.
I have a lower case that is in a sad state but when bolted up, the crank and gearbox shafts spin freely but the side surfaces don't match up, (so much for mass production engineering).
If I throw in a set of CB92 cases, I have a CB92. If I stick it out for a lower case that fits, I have a super rare CB95.
It has been in my signature for some years now. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:07:31 pm by Sam Green Racing »
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike
CB92

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:16:00 pm »
try sending this here - clubdemotosclasicas@yahoo.com.ar

Estimados seniores

Algunos anos atrás compre uno moto de carreras que supuestamente pertenecía al importador Honda pare la R.A.
Quisiera saber si según sus datos, la Honda de Argentina tuvo efectivamente en su época un taller oficial para la preparación de motos  para carreras.
Se trata de una moto basada sobre el modelo CB95 pero que tiene muchos detalles que podrían indicar una preparación de parte de un taller especializado.

Gracis por todo

Sam Green

Offline Sam Green Racing

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 09:10:48 am »
Thanks Yossef, message sent. ;) I hope they can reply in English. ;D ;D ;D

Sam. ;)
C95 sprint bike.
CB95 hybrid race bike
CB95 race bike