No.
10 (25%)
Never thought about it.
3 (7.5%)
What did you say?
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 24, 2014, 06:11:24 am

Author Topic: Do you wear ear plugs?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline evanphi

• Apparently I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • Rhonda the Basket Case
Re: Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2014, 07:52:18 am »
All the research points to one thing... wear earplugs if you are doing any riding at/over 60KM/H. That is when wind noise overcomes the sound of the bike and traffic. At highway speeds, you can't hear anything because of the wind noise. You will be less tired and more comfortable on your bike at highway speeds when you wear plugs.

I'm an audiologist, biker, and target shooter. I see the best and worst of both sides of noise. I wear custom protection when I am going to be doing any non-city riding.

Custom protection will always be best because it fits correctly and attenuates the same amount every time, where disposables are easy to insert incorrectly.
--Evan

1975 CB750K "Rhonda"
Delkevic Stainless 4-1 Header, Cone Engineering 18" Quiet Core Reverse Cone, K&N Filter in Drilled Airbox
K5 Crankcase/Frame, K4 Head and Cylinders, K1 Carbs (42;120;1 Turn)

She's a mix-matched (former) basket case, but she's mine.

CB750 Shop Manual (all years), searchable text PDF
Calculating the correct input circumference for digital speedometers connected to the original speedometer drive

Offline simon#42

• Old Timer
  • liverpool
Re: Do you wear ear plugs?
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2014, 10:39:06 am »
not all disposables are the same , i tried half a dozen different types before i found one i really liked . they are cheap so buy a few and give them a go .
am off on holiday the end of next week and will be doing 4 thousand miles in two weeks , would not bother if i couldn't wear ear plugs .