Author Topic: Goldwings ???  (Read 84451 times)

Offline Terry in Australia

• Really Old Timer ...
  • So, what do ya wanna talk about today?
Re: Goldwings ???
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2016, 12:54:40 am »
Found the brackets and got it put on. Don't like the look of it on the bike no way, no how ;D The original owner must of been several inches or more taller than me because I can get it adjusted low enough for me so Im looking though it not over it. I would need a shorter w/shield. Doesn't the top of the w/shield need to be in line with the bottom of your nose. I rode about 20 miles the w/shield  does make the bike feel and handle a little different too :-\

That thing looks way too high Dwight, usually the bottom sits less than an inch above the headlight, are you sure you've installed it correctly? Be careful with that thing, as much as I love fairings for the reasons stated by Charlie, (not to mention keeping the rain offa ya) some handlebar/fork mounted fairings can cause tank slappers (Suzuki GS1000S factory fairing, for instance) so not recommended, in my opinion. Cheers, Terry. ;D
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

So I said, "Hey mate, you haven't got any bike boots you don't need, do you?"

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline dhall57

• Old Timer
  • The 70's! SOHC4 Honda's & Marcia Brady of course.
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2016, 01:33:28 am »
Yeah Terry more curious than anything. Just wanted to see how it looked on the bike(I don't like it) and how it deflected the air and I didn't like that either. I'll check but don't know how else it could be mounted but I see what your saying It does look high.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:46:57 am by dhall57 »
1970 CB750KO
1971 CB500KO-project bike
1973 CB350G- project bike
1974 CB750K4-project bike
1974 CB750K4
1976 CB750K6
1977 GL1000
1997 Harley Wideglide

Offline strynboen

• Old Timer
    • http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=ouu9814clfp6rocd6qufbqdk60&/topic,60973.0.html
« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2016, 09:09:15 am »
be care vith that...i had one at my cbx.
.at 160 kmt... it start to go unstabile..feelt like i missing some air in the front tire..after more rides..i faund it vas the windshield..vho affekt the stering...took it off the bike ..and it vas stabile as a lokomotive..like a good old wing..

think i try a mad max1/4 ..still mounted at the handel/fork legs..but more aerodynamic

must asy my vindjammer ..frane mounted...vas rock stabile. feels  even better even then a standart bike ..but the looks..bah..but for Winter touring  absolut perfekt
i kan not speak english/but trying!!
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=60973.0
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=144758.0
i hate all this v-w.... vords

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2016, 11:32:41 am »
Found the brackets and got it put on. Don't like the look of it on the bike no way, no how ;D The original owner must of been several inches or more taller than me because I can get it adjusted low enough for me so Im looking though it not over it. I would need a shorter w/shield. Doesn't the top of the w/shield need to be in line with the bottom of your nose. I rode about 20 miles the w/shield  does make the bike feel and handle a little different too :-\

Based on that picture you can slide the screen down at least a couple more inches on the rods, and you should also be able to adjust the rods where they attach to the bars and fork to slide it down more. My experience with this type of shield is that you should be able to position the bottom of it right at the top of the headlight shell, in front of the gauges.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2016, 01:26:09 am »

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #530 on: May 18, 2016, 02:45:15 am »
Off road Goldwing?
http://www.bikeexif.com/dual-sport-gold-wing-not-crazy-think?omhide=true

Yeah, put knobby tyres on anything and you can call it "Dual Sport" now? I don't think so, and I wouldn't swap my big black BMW for it...........;D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:51:19 am by Terry in Australia »
I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't afford new bike boots, until I met a man with no legs.

"Crazy is a very misunderstood term, it's a fine line that some of us can lean over and still keep our balance" (thanks RB550Four)

Offline Old Moe Toe

• Hot Shot
« Reply #531 on: May 18, 2016, 03:18:42 pm »
Looks like you need a garage for your big black BMW Terry!.
I just could not bear to keep any of my bikes in the back yard like that.

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #532 on: May 18, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »
Ha ha, that's not my back yard mate, the grass is too short! ;D