Author Topic: Need 1975 CB750F Resto Information  (Read 1293 times)

johnrtse

Need 1975 CB750F Resto Information
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:41:55 pm »
I still don't have my newly-purchased 1975 CB750F home yet.  I was leaning toward a cafe build,  but since it is in such nice condition, It will be very easy to restore it to stock. 

I have done a few searches here on CB750F's,  but didn't find some information that I am looking for. 

Where do I find:

- Paint/color codes (bike is metallic orange)

- Paint code for grey side covers

- Resto details such as decal placement, proper colors/finishes of various hardware and components.

- and on and on......

Thanks in advance!  I will get some pics of it next weekend when I get it home.

John

Offline Geeto67

• A grumpy
  • Old Timer
Re: Need 1975 CB750F Resto Information
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:32:53 am »
you search this site, as all topics have been answered before.

Your bike's color is flake sunrise orange. It is a candy orange color laid over a heavy flake silver base. It happens to be one of my favorite honda colors and one they used on everything (the 73K had it as a color as well as did cb350s). Dondirtbiker sells paint kits that are accurate, but as far as any codes are concerned any you find will be useless to you fo going to your local store. Since candy paint color tone depends on how many coats are laid on, you really should find a good section and try to match to that.

www.cbdecals.com  is where you can find honda stock graphics. they aren't usually advertised because honda sends cease and desist letter to all the graphics houses to stop advertising repro graphics.

This isn't like car restoration where every single bolt may have had different plating and six different suppliers were used. unless you are going for a concours show bike restoration that never gets ridden, do your self a favor and replace all non-stressed fasteners with stainless steel. Make sure you use anti-seize and the correct torque specs.
Maintenance Matters Most

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 09:33:53 am »
Wanna see pictures of a new Flake Sunrise Orange tank and tail piece plus a new seat and front fender all still in the box?  ;)  I do need the orange seat trim pieces hint hint anyone which I would gladly trade black for  ;)

I have been collecting NOS and new parts for my Candy Sapphire Blue 75 750F. There are many still available from Honda but the biggies like the body work must be found elsewhere and are EXTREMELY rare. A couple of the NOS unobtainium pieces I'm still on the lookout for are stock Honda -341 handlebars, front/rear master cylinders, front/rear hubs and left turnsignal control. Anyone want to give em up?! By the time I'm done I'll need a stock motor too becasue I'll have enough for 2 bikes.

If you need any help or advise PM me. I bought my bike 32.5 years ago so I know a little about it and I'll be glad to share my knowledge. Plus I can help you find new parts at the best prices.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 10:09:30 am »
 Jerry might also share with you his secret formula for engine obliteration. ;) ;) ;)
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

johnrtse

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:33:37 pm »
Wanna see pictures of a new Flake Sunrise Orange tank and tail piece plus a new seat and front fender all still in the box?  ;)  I do need the orange seat trim pieces hint hint anyone which I would gladly trade black for  ;)

The bike I bought comes with a new tank still in the box too!

Thanks for all the info guys!

John

Offline Dennis

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:44:48 pm »
I have an un-restored original '75 750F is Sunrise Metallic Orange. It's in pretty reasonable condition, could be better, but WTF, I ride all of my bikes. If you need to know how something was done on the bike at the factory we could probably look at my bike to figure it out.

BTW: Flake Sunrise Orange is done over a GOLD heavy flake base.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 06:51:27 pm »
I have an un-restored original '75 750F is Sunrise Metallic Orange. It's in pretty reasonable condition, could be better, but WTF, I ride all of my bikes. If you need to know how something was done on the bike at the factory we could probably look at my bike to figure it out.

Gold? I alwaysa thought silver. Mine was removed many years ago.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 07:30:13 pm »

It is silver on mine.  The data tag has the build date of 2/75.  I've had the bike since '77, so I know it is original.
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

Offline Dennis

• Hot Shot
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 11:23:30 pm »
Gold? I alwaysa thought silver. Mine was removed many years ago.

It is silver on mine.  The data tag has the build date of 2/75.  I've had the bike since '77, so I know it is original.

I really surprised to hear that. I don't know the build date on mine, I would have to go look. Every indication is that it is totally original.
The candy orange has started to peel back around the fuel filler and the base coat (on my tank, anyway) is definitely gold. Who knows if they changed it somewhere along the way?
While we are on the subject, does anyone know a good way to prevent it from peeling further. The paint is generally pretty good on the tank and I'd prefer to keep it original.