Author Topic: My Free 76 750...  (Read 3513 times)

Offline domer

• I got a bridge for sale, and it was built by a
  • Expert
  • everything is better with a bag of weed!
My Free 76 750...
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:03:43 pm »
So a quick rundown, earlier this year i was cruising through the mission in sf and noticed a snotty looking 750 with no tank and a free sign attached to it. i figured ya right, probably some pissed off neighbor thats sick of seeing someones project sitting in front of their house... well i drove by again a few hours later and there it still sat. so i figure what the hell, i go home and grab my roommate and pick the poor ole girl  up. well by the time i got there it was gone  :(  well later that night im cruisin the forums and it turns out a member picked it up! lucky #$%*er im thinkin. well a few months later, he pm's me and says he cant handle another project and asked if i wanted it! What a stand up guy, wish i knew more people like joe!

well here it is in all its snotty glory. someone loved this bike at some point in its life, everything had been polished (stock clear coat is long gone) its got a sad but decent condition 16" rear wheel, stacks and god knows what else.

good things, it turns over. pulled the float bowls and they look brand spankin new, no varnish no crap! pulled the points cover, everything looks brand new. im friggin amazed. shifts gears just fine. im going to run a compression check this evening.... still trying to figure out why she was abandoned, maybe it was the lack of a stock air box.... according to the chp it was never tagged in ca, even better no back fees!!!
anyone got a #$%*ty exhaust layin around? this ones gonna take a while, but at least i got something to keep me busy this winter!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:06:56 pm by domer »

Offline heyjones

• Enthusiast
Re: My Free 76 750...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:12:31 pm »
What a find, that's awesome! I've seen quite a few tanks on craigslist down here in Ventura county lately.
1976 CB750K
My Build Thread

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
  • Helmets Save Lives. Period.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »
Here's to free sh1t!! ;D

Offline Zaipai

• I am getting closer to being an
  • Old Timer
    • My Home page
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:16:41 pm »
Nice score man!

.: Scott :.
Its my Avatar..

75 CB550F  | 

Offline lonestarslim

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »
Well, it's 2011 now...what happened with your "Free 76 750"?

Offline domer

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:58:08 pm »
She's sitting down at Corbin, waiting to be picked up  ;) they finally finished designing the seat for the 750k. Hopefully I'll have time to go get it this weekend, actually I better. I'm sure they are sick of looking at it! It's been there since late January or so.

So far I've picked up a decent tank, and a 4-2 exhaust (thanks grumpy!!!) so hopefully I can work on getting her running soon. Only after I finish putting my poor 500 back together. Got hit by a friggin bus. While parked. But I got paid!

I'll update with picks once I pick it up!

Offline lonestarslim

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 10:07:01 pm »
Right on. A bus....ouch!

Offline domer

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »
Ya. It's been a #$%*, but shy of not having my bike for a month, and having to put the effort into it myself (wouldn't let anyone else work on it anyway) it kinda worked out to my advantage  :)

pat english

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:29 pm »
pretty cool.thats in alot better shape the  the one i just got.and i paid for it!!..i just hope mine doesnt take that long to get running....

lets see some current pics?

Offline domer

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:01 pm »
Hate to say it... Especially since the bike was free, so was the exhaust (thanks again grumpy) but she has been sold to Greggo. Had an opportunity to pick up a 81 Harley fat bob on fire sale (see other bikes section). I know she is in good hands!

Offline Greggo

• Somebody's
  • Old Timer
  • Helmets Save Lives. Period.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:10:03 pm »
Haha, I was looking for this thread so I could steal the pics from it! 

Here's the new build thread: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=96549.0