Author Topic: 76 cb750f rear pad pin clip help  (Read 3204 times)

jhelly

76 cb750f rear pad pin clip help
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:33:25 pm »
Hi.I just got a 76 cb750f supersport that has been garaged for about 10 years,it is complete and I am just starting to go over the systems.it is in very good shape for sitting so long.The fuel tank is what you might expect internal heavy rust.the rear pads were removed and the pads pins and clip were under the seat,I have put the pads back in after flushing line and cylinder but I am having a problem with the clip.how do you put it in..any help would be appreciated..

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
Re: 76 cb750f rear pad pin clip help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:36:47 pm »
The pictures are not the greatest but they are orientated so up is forward.  You will notice the clip has a crossmember , this goes forward and fits in a hole on each pad.  It can then pivot a small amount.   Pivot the clip forward a bit and this allows you to slip in the front pin, tapered end in first and it should fit over the top of the clip which fits into the recessed area on the pin.  Now you should be able to push down on the rear of the clip and slip in the rear pin and as the front one it fits over the top of the clip and the recessed area on the pin fits onto the clip.  Let's see some pictures of your bike when you get a chance.  I just picked up a 76F a few months ago that had been in storage for 25 years and just got in running.  I have a thread going in the Projects section on getting mine up and running. 

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:56:48 pm by srust58 »

Offline BeSeeingYou

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:49 pm »
I should add to put the two pads and the clip together and then drop the assembly into the caliper from the top.  Then proceed to put the pins in as described in the previous post.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:50:45 pm by srust58 »

jhelly

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:28:52 pm »
Many Thanks, your once iread your post i understood the pads and clip would have to go in together..I now have the rear brake assembled.