Author Topic: Any VW mechanics lurking out there?  (Read 7172 times)

Offline mikedialect

• cbjunky
  • Expert
    • Mike's Metric Vintage Honda
Re: Any VW mechanics lurking out there?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 10:38:56 pm »
Now go get yourself some fox urine from a feed store and sprinkle some down inside the engine compartment.  Or just catch a fox and strap him inside the engine bay.  

I shall heed your advice, but I also reserve the right to take this approach:

Attaboy, Mike! Good to see something going YOUR way! 8) ;)

Thanks Bill! My cousin was watching for sparks  and said that my face went from cringe to smile when it started. So, that's a bonus!

Now, let's start talking about trading cars, eh? :)

That's Cool Mike, good to hear it! 8) 

Ha! Ha! Listen, I wouldn't want you to have to deal with the GTX, it is a REAL Monster! ::) I mean, when she rolls down the road, people take notice! ;D Got a real healthy lope at idle too! ;) I don't know what kind of horse power it makes, but it's running a 440 with: Holley 750, 11 to 1 compression, Purple cam (don't remember the specs right now, got them written down somewhere), Steel crank, Zoom clutch, headers and flowmasters (that's about all I know about the internals), aluminum double core radiator, flex fan and an aluminum underdriven crank pulley. Also Reproduction Magnum 500 wheels (8" front and 10" rear) putting about 12" of tire on the ground at the rear. Seller gave me receipts for about $3K in engine work, so I'm sure the engine is tight. Still has things to be taken care of though. With all that being said AND he put a new gas tank on it, but didn't put in a new gas gauge sending unit?
Don't quite understand that? He also didn't put much effort into the brakes? I'm getting ready to replace the brake system, front AND back. The car has manual steering AND brakes, no power except THE 440! :D Further down the road, I'd like to put in an up to date steering system and a trans with overdrive (probably have to sell some stuff AND scrimp to come close to doing that though. May be just dreaming on ALL of that. For sure, I'd like to do the steering. Been talking with 6pkrunner and he's given me some things to think about, to make it handle better. Be talking to you. ;)   

I had a 67' mustang in HS that I rebuilt & restored. Nothing can touch the feeling of the car that was meant to be yours (and yes, I love manual steerin cars that were designed for it- Not VW JETTA'S!!!). Sounds like a really sweet machine and I'm happy it's yours :) :)
SOHC4 Member#44153  
www.mikesmetric.com | www.mikedialect.com

Offline bill440cars

• Feeling More & More,
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Tryin' To Slow Down "Time"!
Re: Any VW mechanics lurking out there?
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 04:28:05 am »
Now go get yourself some fox urine from a feed store and sprinkle some down inside the engine compartment.  Or just catch a fox and strap him inside the engine bay.  

I shall heed your advice, but I also reserve the right to take this approach:

Attaboy, Mike! Good to see something going YOUR way! 8) ;)

Thanks Bill! My cousin was watching for sparks  and said that my face went from cringe to smile when it started. So, that's a bonus!

Now, let's start talking about trading cars, eh? :)

That's Cool Mike, good to hear it! 8)  

Ha! Ha! Listen, I wouldn't want you to have to deal with the GTX, it is a REAL Monster! ::) I mean, when she rolls down the road, people take notice! ;D Got a real healthy lope at idle too! ;) I don't know what kind of horse power it makes, but it's running a 440 with: Holley 750, 11 to 1 compression, Purple cam (don't remember the specs right now, got them written down somewhere), Steel crank, Zoom clutch, headers and flowmasters (that's about all I know about the internals), aluminum double core radiator, flex fan and an aluminum underdriven crank pulley. Also Reproduction Magnum 500 wheels (8" front and 10" rear) putting about 12" of tire on the ground at the rear. Seller gave me receipts for about $3K in engine work, so I'm sure the engine is tight. Still has things to be taken care of though. With all that being said AND he put a new gas tank on it, but didn't put in a new gas gauge sending unit?
Don't quite understand that? He also didn't put much effort into the brakes? I'm getting ready to replace the brake system, front AND back. The car has manual steering AND brakes, no power except THE 440! :D Further down the road, I'd like to put in an up to date steering system and a trans with overdrive (probably have to sell some stuff AND scrimp to come close to doing that though. May be just dreaming on ALL of that. For sure, I'd like to do the steering. Been talking with 6pkrunner and he's given me some things to think about, to make it handle better. Be talking to you. ;)    

I had a 67' mustang in HS that I rebuilt & restored. Nothing can touch the feeling of the car that was meant to be yours (and yes, I love manual steerin cars that were designed for it- Not VW JETTA'S!!!). Sounds like a really sweet machine and I'm happy it's yours :) :)

Thanks Mike, It's ALWAYS GOOD to hear from YOU AND, You are right, YOUR car Gives you a Great feeling AND Motivates you as well. 8) I'm a Mopar Man, but gotta give credit to the others as well and I'm SURE that your Mustang was something else! ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:35:28 am by bill440cars »
Member # 1969
PRAYERS ALWAYS FOR: Bre, Jeff & Virginia, Bear, Trevor & Brianna ( Close Friend's Daughter)
"Because HE lives, I can Face Tomorrow"                  
 You CAN Teach An Old Dog New Tricks, Just Takes A Little Bit Longer & A Lot More Patience!! 

Main Rides: '02 Durango, '71 Swinger & Dad's '93
                  Dakota LE 4x4 '66 CB77 & '72 SL350K2
Watch What You Step Into, It Could  End Up A Mess!