Author Topic: CB550 cafe with no garage build LOL  (Read 7343 times)

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
CB550 cafe with no garage build LOL
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:29:52 pm »
sorry about not having past pics to show you what all i have done ..but its like most have done ..but would like to show you what it will look like from this point on and when its done ...urrrr but having truble with posting pics and using photobucket

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
Re: CB550 cafe with no garage build LOL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 07:44:39 pm »
[/img]

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:00:38 pm »

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:01:29 pm »
urrrrrr...im sorry guys i just cant seem to get the photo bucket to work

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 08:07:23 pm »
getting use to posting pics ...sorry ..getting it up and going ....http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/cww_cadaver/IMG_0824.jpg

Offline ev0lve

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:26 pm »
getting use to posting pics ...sorry ..getting it up and going ....http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/cww_cadaver/IMG_0824.jpg

Nice. Is that the Foxy Boxy? I really dig that tank.

In photobucket when you mouseover an image it will give you something like 4 choices. Click on the IMG one and copy the link - then paste it into your post. Should work like a charm.

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:41 pm »
thanks Iggy ill try that on my next pics....tomarrow im going to try and put the battery box on and weld it up ...ill bring the camra...and today ive orderd the pod filters for the carbs ...now ive just gotta order the rear sets and back shocks ......and than throw more money at it with a potato cannon LOL... some of what you see will change ....clubmans are coming off and clipons with fork sleeves and horse shoe bracket for the head light .... at some time ill post some parts for sale like the tank and stuff..sorry not side covers  :(

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:55 pm »
so the progress that i have made today is i was able to get the battiery box welded to the frame and all looks to be true and feels well, now ive just gotta get the wire mess that i have cleaned up and make it longer ..[/img]

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 07:11:28 pm »
not much done today all I was able to do was mount the petcock to the gastank , I know not very impressive.

Offline ev0lve

• Master
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:39 pm »
not much done today all I was able to do was mount the petcock to the gastank , I know not very impressive.

Au contraire mon frere. So that's the carbon fiber model?

MORE PICS DANGIT!  ;D

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 03:46:16 pm »
well today i was able to do a few more things to the bike ...boy was it hot out to day ...this is what i was able to get done befor i had to get out of the sun and take a break ...well a beer break ...sorry im not done fixing up the front end ..but this is what i was able to get done ..i hope to ride this summer wish i didnt half to take the clubmans off..but the setup was for clipons ...hope to have more pics soon

Offline beta1042

• '76 CB750F
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 04:23:30 pm »
I agree with Iggy, is that a carbon fiber tank or is it just covered with a ply of CF.

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 04:37:48 pm »
well ... i got my tank and what not from BCR think he goes by benjie...and i belive that my tank and what not are the 3rd one down on this page http://www.benjiescaferacer.com/CFcombo.html  so as for your question ...im not sure if its just a over lay ...but the hole tank on the out side looks CF ...wonderfull work .my next bike ill be looking for a few things from him

Offline ev0lve

• Master
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 04:43:05 pm »

You got the fork covers too?! I have the envy  ;D

Decked out in Benjie gear it's going to turn heads. Mine is turning already  ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:46:08 pm by Iggy »

Offline Beans

• I play with grease every day.
  • Hot Shot
  • 1975 cb550f
    • bean's place.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 04:58:47 pm »
Was just checking out the bcr site and it makes me want to build a cafe racer for my next project.   I love the fork tube covers they make looks clean.
Keep it shinny side up.

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 05:41:22 pm »
yes ...i have gotten most off my stuff from BCR ... I wish I had a garage ....but i live in a 4 plex....ive read a lot on how to make what i wanted,  and had to bite the bullet and outsource  :-[ , but im happy with what I have ...this project is more  for a freind that died that helped me pick up the bike 8 years ago...after this .. I want to do a 750

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 06:37:47 pm »
forgot to mention that when I took the forks off the left fork had a rilly bad pit on the fork tube so i went and bought anther that came with the other one so i can have dual disk breaks ...but that will be some time to come ..maybe in september ill get to that ... I still have a lot to do ...just throw more money at it with the cannon LOL

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 04:31:51 pm »
well this is just a little more progress, getting more of the wire done and ready ...urrrr had to get out of the sun at 4 PM was starting to get to hot and i had to take a beer break its only 88 degrees Fahrenheit. but its damn hot lol...hope i can get more done ..because tomarrow the fam wants to do firework stuff ...and all day ill be thinking about the bike  ::)

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 08:59:28 pm »
well I was able to get some wiring done, but ive gotta take out the wire harness that leads to the headlight bucket, its not wired the right way to it ..its wraped around and not strait ... I hope when I take out that slack that Ill have enuff ... but today I was able to finish the rewirering and hook up most that will will work .. put some fule in the new tank ...and fire it up ...this is how it went ...<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i599.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid599.photobucket.com/albums/tt76/cww_cadaver/MVI_0884.flv"> ..

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 11:05:25 pm »
well a little set back ...when I was inspecting the motor I notices that number 4 cylinder wasn't firing, I think that has to do with my carbs as thay sat because of lack of cash at the time ....BUT ...as things wormed up ...as i did see that the head had a oil ring around it ...urrrrrrr hope thats not to bad ..its not leaking realy bad, not bad at all ...just when it worms up . some smoke . thatd burning off..is that bad ?
   im having a little hard time .timing  it because its a dyna 2000...maybe i need a DIY  2009 dyna book for dummys ...but progress is cumming along  . but if i gotta rip in the top and replace the gasket thats ok ...but other than that ..well ...anyone that lives in the portland oregon parts ...ill buy beer and we can work out some cash  ;D

Offline Dead Bound

• SouthDown
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 07:28:57 am »
I am glad that you are putting the BCR parts to use.  I dont have an adequate garage either.  I was planning on going the same route as soon as I got some duckets. 

The carbon fiber looks great.  Were there any alternate fiber colors? 

Offline mrosso

• Enthusiast
  • The before picture.
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 08:27:38 am »
Hey, brother, I'm with you on this one... I'm building my bike on the patio of my girlfriend's apartment. And it's going to be 108 F today!!! I'm using benjie's headlight bucket, but I'd love to get my hands on one of his tanks. Also, great frame work, man. Nice loop and battery box. I'll be watching to see where you drop that Dyna 2K box. I'm struggling with how to mount that #$%*.

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 05:37:32 pm »
thanks guys ....well MOTO I got the clipons from BCR..as for the master cylinder ... it may be ok If i didn't get the fork covers as its getting in the way and i cant adjust it downwards like i want to ..guess ill need to look for a diff one that will work, head light bracket mounts on the bottom triple tree in the back their is a bolt on each side to keep the front forks in place...as for rear sets. well I havnt made up my mind yet . thinking about getting thinking about getting a pair of omars rearsets..     as for the color of the carbon fiber, not sure if it comes in diff colors you would half to ask ..  tomorrow ill mount the Dyna ..thinking about mounting it under the bar that i put on for the seat and tank . that way I can get to it when i need to ..thinking about making it so i can detach it when ive gotta park it in places that im not sure about ..

Offline cadaver

• Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 08:53:43 pm »
well i was able to tuck the Dyna under the gastank to hide it out of site ...and it looks like that it will keep it from water ... if it wasnt for going out to play paint ball i would have more done ..but you gotta let off some steam some times.. nothing like shooting full auto at people  ;D

Offline riotmachine

• Live Forever or Die Trying
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 01:40:36 pm »
I've got a tank from BCR as well. I'm trying to locate the two bolts that fit the petcock to the tank and it seems like you've got the same setup. Where did you get yours from?