Author Topic: Over Racing-Japan  (Read 7557 times)

Offline moham

• .fnord.
  • Expert
Over Racing-Japan
« on: November 14, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »
Found the Over Racing site tonight looking for 750 stuff. Anybody know anything about these guys or the bikes? Some very nice looking rides...

78 750K-The Ocho
74 550-The Cherry Picker
70 750K0 motor-Dick in a Box

Offline bwaller

• Really Old Timer ...
Re: Over Racing-Japan
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:31:03 pm »
Thanks moham. Man there's some more nice lookin stuff.

Offline MRieck

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Big ideas....
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:55:12 pm »
 Over does make/build some real nice stuff. Great pics....thanks.
Owner of the "Million Dollar CB"

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:21:42 pm »
nice stuff, pretty pricey too  ;D
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »
I know over racing pretty well, they gained quite a lot of publicity during the 90's with their special ally oval tube race frames, their supermono yamaha SR racers were very successfully. seen them up close and the supermonos are amazing

Kensey Sato, the founder built also some interesting suzuka 8 hours prototypes.  

But other than that single Over silencer on the 750, I don't think they do much stuff at all for true vintage racers.

Actually, I am kind of surprised they have all these vintage racer pictures on their site as they started only in the 80'w and were no involved at all with Honda sohc's.  Do you have a link to the pictures on the over site? I couldn't find them.

Maybe Kos can shed some light?

Nevertheless,  the CB500 based racer is pretty cool, looks a lot like the works CB500R.

TG

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:04:52 pm by turboguzzi »

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 01:29:18 pm »
OVER racing has been in Holland the last couple of years to compete in the annual Ducati racing weekends at Assen at the famous TT-circuit. Have been able to see them upclose, in my scrutineering years, as well with some very interesting machines.
A rider from Holland, Alexander van Dijk, races the OVER sohc750 at Daytona for the last 2 years and won one of the classic events. He won the BOTT races on a Britten a couple of years ago. Sato knows his way around the 750!
CMSNL sells this particular machine and, very expensive, parts.

Rob
Better sorry for failing then for the lack of trying.

Offline moham

• .fnord.
  • Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:43:57 pm »
I know over racing pretty well, they gained quite a lot of publicity during the 90's with their special ally oval tube race frames, their supermono yamaha SR racers were very successfully. seen them up close and the supermonos are amazing

Kensey Sato, the founder built also some interesting suzuka 8 hours prototypes.  

But other than that single Over silencer on the 750, I don't think they do much stuff at all for true vintage racers.

Actually, I am kind of surprised they have all these vintage racer pictures on their site as they started only in the 80'w and were no involved at all with Honda sohc's.  Do you have a link to the pictures on the over site? I couldn't find them.

Maybe Kos can shed some light?

Nevertheless,  the CB500 based racer is pretty cool, looks a lot like the works CB500R.

TG

The site's a little weird (not to mention much of it in japanese) but the photos were buried in the "diary" section, November 11th entry. There's all kinds of stuff (not so many classics) if you click on the calendar for other dates. Here's the link to the pics in question:

http://www.over.co.jp/daily/overnow/20091110/

Here's the link to the CB750/CR750 parts page (if you scroll to the bottom there is a link to a parts list in Japanese or English)

http://www.over.co.jp/kaihatsu/kaihatsu_001.html

And then there's this (if you would like the english parts list as pdf):

http://www.over.co.jp/over_racing/english/info_img/cr_parts.pdf

78 750K-The Ocho
74 550-The Cherry Picker

Offline turboguzzi

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 03:14:11 pm »
OVER racing has been in Holland the last couple of years to compete in the annual Ducati racing weekends at Assen at the famous TT-circuit. Have been able to see them upclose, in my scrutineering years, as well with some very interesting machines.
A rider from Holland, Alexander van Dijk, races the OVER sohc750 at Daytona for the last 2 years and won one of the classic events. He won the BOTT races on a Britten a couple of years ago. Sato knows his way around the 750!
CMSNL sells this particular machine and, very expensive, parts.

Rob

Hei Rob, moham

That's interesting. Have to admit that i was aware only of the more modern Superbikes they raced. I knew that Sato owns a Manx Norton, but not of his involvement with CR750's. If anyone speaks japanese, I would be interested in knowing more about the 500 based racer....

TG

Offline lordmoonpie

• Master
  • Feal the Fear and do it anyway...
    • Moonpie
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 04:23:37 am »
Over offer a full CR750 replica but funnily enough I've never seen them publish a price for one!

I have a full titanium Over race exhaust system.....on my monkey bike!  :D
1994 Ducati 888 SP5
1951 Ducati 50cc Cucciolo
1981 Yamaha XV750 SE

Offline moham

• .fnord.
  • Expert
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 05:42:55 am »
Over offer a full CR750 replica but funnily enough I've never seen them publish a price for one!

It's listed at 3,500,000JPY

about 39,000USD or 23,400GBP

78 750K-The Ocho
74 550-The Cherry Picker

Offline kos

• Hot Shot
    • m3racing.com
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 07:20:17 am »
Over Racing.

I know that they have built some very fast, more modern race bikes and I have talked with them at Daytona years ago. They ordered a rather large order of parts from me last year. Things like Dyna ignitions and M3  primary cush drive kits, swingarm bearings... in quantities that meant to me they were stocking these items. My personal opinion is, they source most or all of their parts from sources like myself, small shops in UK for tanks, seats, oil tanks, etc and make their own pipes.

Nice parts offered but with Yen at highest value vs lowest dollar in 20 years....makes these special parts out of most peoples reach.

I can get you anything they make for a lot less.

The bike they had built up for the guy in Holand and raced at this years Daytona was well prepared, nice looking but did not have the speed needed... to get beat by Tim Joyce on a twin Triumph 750!

KOS

220...221, whatever it takes.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 09:14:09 am »
He did not match the speed, though he won one of the pre-series races I believe. Have seen that bike on the bench and they were a bid dissapointed about the outcome. Have to look it up, but think it was 86 rwhp. Like you said, nice bike though.

Rob.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 08:48:56 am »
Mark,

You intend to do some more Daytona? Or no more racing?

Will make a effort to visit Daytona 2010.

Rob

Offline kos

• Hot Shot
    • m3racing.com
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 08:58:02 am »
Rob

Right now there are no plans to do Daytona. Would you be coming to visit or compete in 2010? If you were, I might be talked into helping with the efforts.

Mark
220...221, whatever it takes.

Offline voxonda

• Master
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 09:04:08 am »
Thanks Mark,

Think my racing days have been long gone! ;D But then again you never know.
It will be a visit, but thanks for your kind offer. ;)

Rob

Offline Gregorymoto

• SOHC Aficionado
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 09:12:35 am »
Wow cool sight. I think them boys understand me and my needs, with the exception of the price they are asking.
Thanks for the information.
Yep, i have issues with this sort of stuff.