Author Topic: Emblems Search  (Read 1515 times)

Offline jeepastx

Emblems Search
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:49 am »
I know you guys who have done tons of rebuilds know where to get parts. I live in the United States Virgin Islands (St. Croix) and finding and getting parts can be a pain in the a$$. I've recently started fixing up a '77 750K and I'm having trouble finding decently priced cover emblems. I see the NOS stuff around for $34.00 but I would think better deals are around to be had. Ebay has been disappointing up to now unless I've been entering the wrong search words. Any help you guys can give would be great. Thanks!
Mark

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Emblems Search
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:01:04 pm »
I am constantly searching for NOS tank emblems. I need 1 right side emblem. No luck! And discontinued. I did manage to get 2 sets of new side cover emblems from ServiceHonda.com for about $18.00 per emblem about 2 years ago. They show your's is not available but BikeBandit.com lists them as available but $38+ EACH.

I use "Honda emblem" as a favorite EBay search and look every night. Yes, it pulls up Honda car stuff, used bike stuff and NOS stuff too but at least I cover all the bases such as mis-labeled emblems.

Patience. I'll keep a look out for you. It'll cost you a bottle of Cruzan Rum.  ;) Send me a PM and label it "77K emblems" so I can keep track of your info.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline jeepastx

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:29:19 am »
I saw the ones at Bikebandits.com. Honestly, I would've paid the $38.00 for 1 emblem but they wanted to charge me $79.07 shipping to St. Croix!  :o :o $117.56 for a $38.00 item??? That's just ridiculous, man. Hopefully, I'll find something before I have to begrudgingly fork over the money.
Mark

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 11:51:02 am »
Does USPS send the flat rate boxes to the VI? The guys state side have been known to purchase, accept and reship stuff.
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline jeepastx

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:16:29 am »
I would think so. By the way, I'm also wondering about what kind of tires I should get. I've looked around and I'm a bit partial to the Pirelli Sport Demons. All the reviews I've read so far have been good.
Mark

Offline bucky katt

• Old Timer
  • i am a pastafarian!
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 06:51:08 pm »
i'm pretty partial to my bridgestone s11's. good grip and they've lasted a good while too/
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1894

Offline jeepastx

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 11:56:52 am »
I've found and got the emblem I've been looking for on Ebay!!!  ;D ;D ;D! The project continues! I like the S11's myself. Still undecided though.
Mark