Author Topic: 1976 CB750F Project Diary  (Read 1567 times)

Offline oldskullero

1976 CB750F Project Diary
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:01:49 am »
Hi Honda CB750 fans. i will be starting my Diary here to show and share it to the community. I have locked the topic to avoid interruption on the Diary but I will have a separate topic that will be open for discussion which i already started @ this link: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,156330.0.html. Pls feel free to put your comments there and discussion.

So without further ado lets start by Introducing my 1976 CB750F:

The Bike has been one of my sought after bikes of honda as i have attempted to seek early models of Honda Motorcycles. I have been able to bump on to Honda 305 Dream which i have to pass since the bike parts are really hard to find until i had a friend who was willing to let go of his 1976 CB750F. and so we agreed on a price fair enough for the current condition of the bike. some were not in its original condition such as the tank, the rear fender, the rear tire rims as well, and others. But the thing I like most is that the engine has never been opened before. The problems seen were on clutch discs and shifting problems on the 1st gear coz if the engine is rev to 5k rpm to go to 1st gear, the engine just shuts off. I need to rev it slow. I wonder why but its a thing for me to find out when the engine build starts.

Offline oldskullero

Re: 1976 CB750F Project Diary
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 07:11:38 am »
The Inspiration of the Project...

The inspiration of this project is based on Mike Salek's Build of his 1975 CB750K or the K5 model. It will be the basis of the build. If you ask whether its gonna look like this, well definitely not. maybe the tank, side covers and the seat but definitely the frame based on the 1976 CB750F.

Offline oldskullero

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 07:53:31 am »
The First Purchase...

Well the First Purchase will have to be the "Bible" of the CB750. I met of course HondaMan here and Im proud to say that I got one. Check them out at www.lulu.com andd get your own copy. I had mine bought from there, Hardbound copy and i got 25% off as i used the discount code LULURC (make sure its all in capital letters, just in case they still use the same code).

Review: The HardBound Copy is well worth it. Its a copy you can use for many generations to come. And its really gonna come handy for sure. I had a quick browse of the current problem on the clutch and man it does really help. Rooms for improvement...Hope to see a 2nd edition where the CB750F is being discussed more thoroughly or perhaps another book focused on that CB750F Super Sport from 1975 onwards.

Here is mine ...

Offline oldskullero

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:06:56 am »
Hi CB750 Fans,

I have already gone through my list of tools and i am currently waiting for them to arrive by next week from Japan. Ill be posting the items when they arrive. as of the moment I took the liberty of checking out the bike as I have been longing to touch the beauty it resonated from the baffles of the mufflers down to the feel of the seat rough edges. Few of the things i have found out are the way the bike was built by the previous owner. It was a bit of everything that any modern and old bike is suppose to be. Take a look on the photos from the last owner when he still had it.

The looks of a cafe racer because of the seats but with the current functionality of the current bikes due to the accessories  he attached on it.

So for last weekend i had some mechanical tinkering since its good to have it as my past time and of course know better the cb750 that was minimally customized. And this is what i found..

The seats were modified. side covers were also custom made. I have to remove the Batteries. Take out all the fuses. and clean the battery box which happens to still have the rubber mounting at the bottom. Im glad to see its condition after i washed it coz its still thick and in very good condition. I have to take out the batteries for the reason of storing the bike for complete rebuild. Found a bit of some residues and made sure it was dry again. Here are the photos of the Battery.

So till next post. Ill go with the tools photos on my next post.

Offline oldskullero

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:13:40 am »
The Tools.

So i just got this today from my japanese friend who's a big fan of ... Harley Davidson. Hehehe just upset of knowing him a japanese but loves more the Harley D. Hehehe. ( To each his own...)

The Clutch LockNut:

This is a tool i ordered from yamiya750.com and sent to my friends house. This is gonna be very useful soon

The Tool Box:

REVIEW/FEEDBACK: This tool is kind of funny to think...i asked him to buy it from japan but he said this was from japan but was made in taiwan. This was the best he can get for in terms of price with sockets ranging from 5mm to 19mm plus a lot more. Casing was very nice since its made of metal. As you can see, its what every motorcycle enthusiast would wanna start. ( from a guy who is a japanese and is a long time Harley D. mechanic).

The Impact wrench tool:

The Impact wrench tool is sure to be very useful. I got a good deal for this as well from japan and its gonna make myself feel at ease and relax when i need to have some tight screws.

The Reserve Tools:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk