Author Topic: Good Shops or Mechanics near the Ozarks?  (Read 821 times)

Offline pearsonm

Good Shops or Mechanics near the Ozarks?
« on: December 05, 2010, 01:17:45 pm »
I’m relatively new to bikes (~eight years) and am currently a track day junkie. I got off the street because I was about to kill myself the way I was riding. Thankfully I think I got the stupid stuff out of my system and can come back.

Despite my relative newness to bikes I know what I like - I’ve always been drawn to late 70’s and early 80’s super bikes, especially Kawasaki‘s, as well as café racers and Sportsters. My street budget is pretty limited as long as I’m doing track days as is my time, equipment and know-how. After a ton of research I decided on a ‘78 CB750F last fall.

As far as I can tell the bike is complete and original. Someday when my track day career’s over I’d like to tear it apart and do a resto-mod but right now I’m going to have to be happy with cleaning it up a little and getting it running better.

So, my point in all this rambling is does anyone know of any good shops within a couple hours of the Ozarks? I’d like someone who knows what they’re doing check it out and get it running a little better so I can enjoy it in between track day weekends.
Bikeology: '78 CB750F, F4i #2 (track); DR-Z400SM (traded); SV650S (sold); F4i #1 (RIP); R6 (traded); YZF600R (sold); ZR-7S (sold); Bandit 1200 (RIP)

Offline pearsonm

Re: Good Shops or Mechanics near the Ozarks?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 02:08:50 pm »
No one? I appreciate any help.  :-[
Bikeology: '78 CB750F, F4i #2 (track); DR-Z400SM (traded); SV650S (sold); F4i #1 (RIP); R6 (traded); YZF600R (sold); ZR-7S (sold); Bandit 1200 (RIP)

Offline Duke McDukiedook

• Space Force 6 Star General
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Wish? Did somebody say wish?
Re: Good Shops or Mechanics near the Ozarks?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 02:20:47 pm »
Why not do the work yourself?

That's what I wound up doing when most of the shops here told me they wouldn't work on my bike.

"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."   Josey Wales

"It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you." Ervin Burrell

CB750 K3 crat | (2) 1986 VFR750F