Author Topic: Welcome to the new Rally Across America, Canada, and Beyond Site  (Read 8888 times)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Welcome to the new Rally Across America, Canada, and Beyond Site
« on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:11 pm »
WELCOME ABOARD RIDERS. LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN BUT IT WON'T HAPPEN WITHOUT YOU. SIGN UP AND BE A PART OF HISTORY.    

What's this all about you ask? Well, a brief history of the past 12 days is in order.

On 12/8/2010 MyCB750K6 started a topic on a thread entitled "sohc4 parent site". As part of his thread he stated in part  "in the beginning, early to mid 1990s, there was a lot of activity, group rides, logo creation and so forth".  He referenced us old timers accomplishing different things and went on to further say  "Anyway I live in Southern Calif where we ride year round but still would like to see someone in the group organize a 1000 mile, five day sohc4 ride in the USA like they did in the nineties. Is this not something that might catch on?"  Shortly after he posted, Nomad came on and had an idea to further expand this idea and suggested something fun  "Do a SOHC4.net  relay "race" across North America. Maybe have a Honda traveling "gnome" (or whatever) and get a picture of him on the seat of a SOHC4 in every state/ provenance (scenic sights of course).  Maybe have a different rider(s) for every state".  

The members began to get excited about doing something of this nature. From this was born a new and seperate topic  "SOHC4 Relay Across America, Canada, and Beyond"  that had a heading strictly relating to our newfound objective but never the less was  buried within the Tech Forum. Seeing the amazing amount of interest that was being generated in such a short period of time, Glenn Stauffer, our administator, realized this project should be broken out for recognition and has given it a thread all it's own and here it is now.

What this is evolving into is a Relay Ride Across America, Canada, and Beyond. What this is NOT is a race of any sort. This is something to honor the legacy of SOHC4.com and all it's international members. The premise here is to organize a ride whereas as many members as wish can be a part of a group effort to promote and take pride in SOHC4.com, to meet and interact with other members, to enjoy amazing riding and provide others with what they have accomplished, to benefit charitable organizations, to accomplish our goals, to ride as little or as much as they want and just have a safe and fun time doing so. What we wish to accomplish is to ride through all of the lower 48 US states and all of the bordering Canadian Provinces and beyond. We have interest from our European members to continue on across the ocean once we have completed the North American journey that hopefully can include Alaska. Wouldn't this be great! We want to allow enough time whereas our members can take their time while touring on their self-guided routes and enjoy sites unseen. We will be voting on a mascot that will be appointed. It will be carried by our riders and handed to the next rider on the following leg of the Relay. We will keep a journal along the Relay that will document all the participants, their demographics and the miles they contribute. We will succeed!

This is something that WILL happen and hopefully grow and get better each year. But, it will only happen if our members make it happen. I will do whatever I can but we need all of you to be a part of history. I am in the planning stages of many different aspects of this mega-project so expect to see things change and evolve as we proceed to pull off this historic multi-continental event.

I look forward to meeting you guys, working with you guys and riding with you guys. Welcome to the SOHC4.net Rally Across America, Canada and Beyond. Get your bikes ready members, WE'RE RIDING!!

Jerry

ps Non-member guests can ride too. Just shoot me a PM or post and I'll get back to you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:44:37 am by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Example of a Possible Rally Schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »
For those that have requested info, OldSchool_IsCool aka Bruce of Team MI and Team Eastern Canada has put together an example of a proposed schedule. This incorporates 187 days riding time. There is NO way we can nail anything down until we start. Hopefully we can at least provide schedules region by region as we go but probably no more than 2 regions at a time. Those assigned days are basically guesstimates/averages that will vary so don't think this is gospel  ;)

Click on the link below.

Update 3/21/11: As promised these dates have been varying as the different regions' rides and ride dates evolve. These will continue the natural evolution that Darwin once suggested. Again please keep in mind that this is only an idea of what it COULD look like. Please go into each individual region to watch their ride planning progress. Each successive region will be dependent on the prior region's plan. Now that the ride is underway you will notice that these dates are not set in stone. 

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:17:23 pm by Jerry Rxman Griffin »
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Initial Estimated Ride Map
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:33:06 pm »
This is the first draft I used to sketch out the initial state by state by province ride idea.

Click on the link below