Author Topic: Team CA - I NEED RIDE DATES  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Team CA - I NEED RIDE DATES
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:42:46 pm »
Do you guys have a definite date for your relay from Team SW and your plans to be in Reno for the handoff to Ofreen? Please discuss this and get back to me ASAP as I need to firm up our 1st transciontinental leg. Please advise by the end of this week. I don't need details of your rides just the relay date. Thanks.

Jerry
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
Re: Team CA - I NEED RIDE DATES
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:53:03 pm »
I think I'm towards the end of this leg Jerry so I can't anticipate dates until I hear from down south but I am game to take the run to Reno,Nv. and drop it to Greg (or Fernley where he prefered).
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

Offline ofreen

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:12:38 am »
Sounds good mrbreeze. 

Jerry, how close are we following the attached schedule?
Greg
'75 CB750F

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question." - Dr. Wei-Hock Soon

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:57:03 pm »
Sounds good mrbreeze. 

Jerry, how close are we following the attached schedule?

I have a firm date from Leg #1 ONLY. I think Leg #2 can probably give a date soon (after Barbers)
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline mycb750k6

• "res ipsa loquitur"
  • Expert
  • Rocketman
    • photobucket albums
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:57:51 am »
Jerry,
It's going to be difficult until team 3 gives us a hand-off time estimate. After that, there's a least five or six segments in team CA-NV-AZ with tentative route proposals. I still think team 4 would start around the first week or two in May but it's still speculation. Maybe we should just plan on that and schedule based on that time-frame and the earlier teams can back into us?

Offline geminimotors

• Hot Shot
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:11:07 am »
I'm with My750. It's hard to say without a guestimate of when Team SW will be coming. I'm self employed and my schedule is open, except the weekend of May 6-8. I need to be in Gerlach, NV. Pretty sweet if the the Cal-Nev leg will coincide.

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:33 pm »
You guys are right. This is just like dominos falling. Hoping to get a handoff date from Team SE soon to Team SW.

How is your route planning coming along? Do you have a good idea of what you guys want to do and how long it will take to get "IT" through your region? Hoping to do some mid-week riding too so we don't burn up too much time.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 03:50:53 pm »
On page 5 of the SW (leg 1) thread, Silverback sayz tentative handoff to leg #2 on April 2nd.  It's a start!
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:24:12 pm »
hand-off from team SW to team CA: 4-24(?)
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline geminimotors

• Hot Shot
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 07:41:22 am »
YEEEEEAAAAAH!

Offline scondon

• No way my run was THAT slow, must be an
  • Old Timer
  • Mmmm......tasty bugs
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:58:43 am »
AHRMA Vintage races are being held in Rosamond,CA April 23-25th. Where is the handoff from SW leg to CA leg going to take place?

Coming from Northern California I will have to travel a ways to participate in the SOHC Rally, or to attend the AHRMA race. And then I think to myself "why not both in the same trip!?"

Still working frantically on getting the engine finished so I can ride a SOHC at all  :-\
Give me..a frame to build a bike on, and my imagination will build upon that frame

Offline mrbreeze

• Not your average
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Shut up when you're talkin' to me!!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:01 pm »
Hope you get your bike together for the rally Sean. So you're talking about going down south to ride the rally? I thought you heading over towards Reno from Oakland. Lemme know dude.
MEMBER # 257
Fool me once..shame on you. Fool me twice..I'm kickin' your a$$......

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:25 pm »
PM sent.

Combining both events would be fantastic. FatMatt650 and Scottly have been doing the majority of the planning so they should be able to provide more accurate info.

Good luck on your engine.

Jerry 

Offline climbingaz

• Hot Shot
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 12:36:01 pm »
AHRMA Vintage races are being held in Rosamond,CA April 23-25th. Where is the handoff from SW leg to CA leg going to take place?

Coming from Northern California I will have to travel a ways to participate in the SOHC Rally, or to attend the AHRMA race. And then I think to myself "why not both in the same trip!?"

Still working frantically on getting the engine finished so I can ride a SOHC at all  :-\

As it stands now...the New Mexico team will be handing "IT" off to me on the Arizona border on Sunday, April 24th.  I'm guessing it will take 2-3 days to get it through Arizona and to the California handoff.

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:38 pm »
Sean,

Rosamond, huh?! I just sent Big Jay a PM about a potential handoff at APE and asked if he had any contacts to do a lap around the track. Wouldn't all that coincide perfectly! I haven't brought it up here but now I must  ;) I KNOW you're a helluva rider and I'd have to appoint you to do the lap  ;D But if that's race weekend it's not likely a lap would be in the works. Guess we'll see how this develops. Oh yeah  :o Old Scrambler, I believe, has some contacts at AHRMA plus I'm working with Motorcycle Classics too. Verrrrry interesting.

Jerry

ps Thanks bro! It's very appreciated on both accounts. 

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:02 pm »
I posted this back on 12/22/10  ;) :

A route I have taken in the past, to avoid the Interstates, is through Wickenburg, to Parker, to Joshua Tree/29 Palms, then through Victorville, past El Mirage dry lake, to end up just North of Lancaster, just a stones throw from Big-Jay's place.

Jerry, we should be able to be at Jay's by the end of the day, 4/26, with the current schedule. I can't see any way we could do it earlier. Hell, if I go that far, (which I hadn't planned on) I might as well continue on to Santa Maria and visit my mom!
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....