Author Topic: rally points  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Saver of unloved motorcycles.
rally points
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:10:07 pm »
Lets keep our conversation on the other thread and just list the meeting points as we determine them.
Examples-
Motorcycle classics magazine office Topeka Ks on 5/10
Portillos restaurant St. Charles Il. for a Chicago stop handoff T.B.A. on 5/14
No matter how many times you paint over a shadow, it's still there.
If you love it, set it free, if it stays it's probably one of my 750's.
 CEO at the no kill motorcycle shop.

Offline 05c50

• 05c50
  • Expert
    • Classic Motorcycle Solution
Re: rally points
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 06:18:23 pm »
I was hoping to pick up IT at Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, Pa on 5/21. The wings are on me for anyone that shows for the handoff.

...................Paul
Wear a helmet,the life you save may be your own.Ask me how I know.               CB650C,CB550F,GL1000,CB750A

Offline MasterChief750

• Detonation
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »
I was hoping to pick up IT at Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon, Pa on 5/21. The wings are on me for anyone that shows for the handoff.

...................Paul

i can eat a lot of wings

rally point for toledo..... TONY PACKOS toledo tradition, or rudys hotdogs. prolly packos as its close to downtown and about the only place taking pictures.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:22:44 pm by MasterChief750 »
1978 CB750 K - Project Red Headed Step Child
1976 CB750 K - Drag Bike
Some things i know, others i dont.
I AM THE STIG
Sam is THE STIG
he said i can be STIG3 tho

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:24:51 pm »
Galesburg to Chicago leg,

For Sat. the 14th I plan to leave Galesburg at 8 am, I will pass the quad cities and Cordova Dragway park on route 84 at 9 am. On to US30 then a stop at the truckstop at the Dixon exit of the tollway Route 88 about 10 AM. Then on route 2 through Dixon, Castle Rock and Lowden state park, on past Byron Dragway to 72 and 251 back to Rochelle. Then on  the Lincoln highway rt. 38 all the way to St Charles for late lunch Handoff? and on to Joliet at Rt 66 raceway where my race team will be running (hopefully).  If that works out my bike will go in the trailer and ride home with the race car.
Anyone wanting to link up anywhere along the way let me know.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:33:52 pm by Don R »

Offline Steve F

• I have "some-timer's disease" because I'm an
  • Old Timer
  • "To Ride Is The Reason, The Destination The Excuse
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 06:42:10 am »
Hi Don,
Weather permitting, I'll try to link up with you at the Lowden Park point on that day and ride to Joliet.  Who's getting the handoff at that point?
Steve F

Offline Don R

• My Sandcast is a
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:35 pm »
Hi Don,
Weather permitting, I'll try to link up with you at the Lowden Park point on that day and ride to Joliet.  Who's getting the handoff at that point?
Steve F

I believe Gammaflat has planned to take the handoff, ride with us and then Ride to Indy Sunday?.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:21:02 pm by Don R »

Offline Rio_CB750

• Enthusiast
Re: rally points - Cleveland
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 06:10:07 am »
I posted this in the other forum, but I'll repost here, more about rally points!

Hey Pop, Masterchief, MyHondas, and others!

My schedule has me coming home to Cleveland on the morning of Thursday the 19th (I'll be taking the day off Thu and can ride), taking off Friday the 20th to ride and free to ride most of Sat 21 and Sun 22 if need be.  I wasn't planning on doing Mid-Ohio from Cleveland, just taking Zilla to Sharon PA, via RR HOF and perhaps Canton - but that's not a fun ride from Cleveland, if I have zilla alone or with just one or two guys, we can play it by ear to see who wants to go to Canton (I don't).

Not sure what the other riders are thinking, but Mid-Ohio is probably a better bet from Columbus to Toledo - anybody make contact with them?  There isn't much there besides parking lot if you can't get in unfortunately.

For a Cleveland meet-up, hearing no suggestions, how about either Pride of Cleveland Scooters  http://www.clevelandscooters.com/  (yes, a scooter store, but also sells MCs, the owner, Phil, is a Honda lover and restores old SOHC http://www.clevelandmoto.com/ ), the Garage Bar on West 25th http://www.thegaragebar.net/ ? Or the Spitfire Saloon on W 177th http://www.punkrockbar.com/  Very limited city driving if you are coming down the lake scenic road from Toledo, if you are coming down I90, it's a 5 lane highway into Cleveland, wide open really (watch for 5-0 though).

RR HOF is 5 minutes away from the Garage Bar/10 from Spitfire and 20 from Pride of Cleveland, then it can be either cruising around Cleveland/Canton for the day on Friday and meet-up in Sharon on Sat, or a push on Friday to Sharon PA.

PS - Wifey just reminded me we have tickets for Fri night, so I can only ride to dinner time, but Sat is open.

Just some suggestions, CLE people chime in!
1972 CB750 - Briar Brown - stock
1972 CB750 - Rust - currently a basketcase

Offline Bankerdanny

• Eventually I will be old enough in reality to be
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Endeavor to persevere
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 11:05:15 am »
Don,

I think I should be able to meet up with you in Dixon. It's a couple hours from where I live, so getting there about 10 shouldn't be a problem. The ride up through the State park looks like it is worth dragging myself out of bed early on a Saturday.

Dan
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

Current: '76 CB750F. Previous:  '75 CB550F, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 Scooter, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000, '77 CB550k, '68 Suzuki K10 80, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, '89 Yamaha FJ1200

Offline Skonnie Boy

• Cold cock
  • Hot Shot
  • Life is not like a box of chocolates.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 04:13:17 pm »
If there's a good idea of when the St. Charles handoff will be, that might be a good time to join up.  Or even if there's a good point on the Lincoln highway.  Don't want to hold things up.
"Yeah, I'm hip about time. But I just gotta go."

Offline Rio_CB750

• Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 05:15:22 pm »
Hey all, looks like rally point in Cleveland is Pride of Cleveland MC and scooter store. 18636 Detroit Road Lakewood‎ OH‎ 44107.    I heard from the owner Phil, he's happy to have us stop vy!  Alternative location is Around the Corner Bar, just three doors down, if G arrives when POC is closed!  Here it comes!
1972 CB750 - Briar Brown - stock
1972 CB750 - Rust - currently a basketcase

Offline modzsquad

• Old Honda owners don't die...just get restored
  • Enthusiast
  • Stop at Lake Santeetlah Tail of The Dragon
    • My gallery
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:08:19 pm »
Ok Guys... Anyone know the rally point and departure date/times in Indianapolis or
How about Cincy?  I'd like to ride at least one of the legs.
Jim Modzelewski

Offline MasterChief750

• Detonation
  • Expert
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 02:44:56 pm »
rally point in toledo will be tony packos hotdogs near the 280 bridge, 1902 Front Street, Toledo, OH 43605. then we can rabble through downtown then head uh.... i dunno my place maybe really up to you guys. im terrible at entertaining people.
1976 CB750 K - Drag Bike
I AM THE STIG
Sam is THE STIG

Offline modzsquad

• Enthusiast
    • My gallery
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 05:26:59 pm »
Gee is in Cincinnati and will be taking off Thursday 9:00 am towards Toledo. Either meeting at popwoods house or 275/71 interchange so we can hook-up with some guys in Lebanon and head up Rt.42.
Jim Modzelewski

Offline MasterChief750

• Detonation
  • Expert
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 06:01:14 am »
friday rally point sandusky ohio. shoreline park. address is 411 E Shoreline Dr Sandusky, OH 44870
1976 CB750 K - Drag Bike
I AM THE STIG
Sam is THE STIG

Offline modzsquad

• Enthusiast
    • My gallery
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 06:47:19 pm »
Gee got the handoff from Popwood and Modzsquad in Findlay Ohio.  Popwoow went on to Sandusky with Masterchief750. Just a break in the rain to snap a few pictures of the bikes...Popwood has some other pictures
Jim Modzelewski

Offline MasterChief750

• Detonation
  • Expert
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 06:54:07 pm »
jim steve turned back at toledo he was having bike problems. nice shots by the way
1976 CB750 K - Drag Bike
I AM THE STIG
Sam is THE STIG