testy

Author Topic: Twin Piston Brake Upgrade Using OEM parts For CB750F  (Read 35616 times)

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
Re: Twin Piston Brake Upgrade Using OEM parts For CB750F
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2017, 11:28:32 pm »
OK. The calipers can be spaced inward by about 1/8" each side to line up with the K rotors and hub. If the F2/3 rotors were narrower than the K, it wouldn't work, since the calipers bolt against the inside of the fork leg, and can't be moved outwards.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2017, 11:34:40 pm »
don't forget about spoke clearance...no idea if this will be an issue or not
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2017, 11:43:13 pm »
Spoke clearance isn't an issue with the spoke wheel or the Morris; I've already checked for worst case. ;D
Helmets save brains. Always wear one and ride like everyone is trying to kill you....

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »
A spoke front wheel will bolt directly to the F2/3 forks. Keep the axle assembly the same as with K forks: the head of the axle on the right side, then the K speedo drive (or equivalent spacer). On the left side, use the K spacer, and the axle nut. This will center the wheel in the forks.
The spoke wheel has the brake rotor inboard of the F rotor, so spacers approximately .130" thick need to be fitted between the bracket and the lugs on the fork leg to center the bracket over the rotor. To add a rotor on the right side, the spacers need to be thicker, like about .245", since the K hub isn't symmetrical. All other issues with dual disks on a K fork, like the speedo drive, are handled the same way.   

Offline RAF122S

• I feel like a very very
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • SOHC4 member # 2605
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2017, 07:14:39 am »
Yes, that is a good deal indeed.  I wish I had dual disc on cx500, requires fork leg swap and some GL500I parts...or from one.

Having them Teflon coating gives a very close finish to original texture and sheen. A fellow on CX/GL forums has been using that method on his rebuilds and restorations.  It is impervious to brake fluid and very easy to clean. :D

David- back in the desert SW!

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2020, 07:21:07 pm »
The twin piston pads are available in different compounds: EBC brand FA 69 pads, which are what my local dealer stocks, have a friction coefficient rating of GG, while the EBC FA 69 HH pads have the grippier HH rating..

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2020, 06:48:24 pm »
I've just found out that there were two different versions of the brackets with the 65mm center-to-center fork lug spacing. I don't know which bikes these came from, but the difference is visually apparent. The one on top mounts the caliper higher and further back than the lower one. I believe the one on top is correct, but all of jaguar's pics on the first post have been eaten by photo-phukit. >:(

Offline jaguar

• Old Timer
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2020, 03:35:17 am »
Top looks correct to me

Offline scottly

• Really Old Timer ...
  • Humboldt, AZ
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2020, 09:06:58 pm »
Thanks!!! ;D

;
Honda