Author Topic: Come on Kiwi's AKA "The Black Stacks"  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Hush

• Finally they realise that I am an
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • "Lady, I've heard it all before"!
Come on Kiwi's AKA "The Black Stacks"
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:05:20 pm »
OK hands up and where are you so I can formulate a plan of attack to get Godzilla some miles on our great Kiwi roads in the Spring/early Summer.
Remember, the mascot must be carried by a SOHC4 Honda as we are celebrating the 50th year of the launch of this iconic machine.
So if your baby is in bits, get it put back together, if you have a certain distance you would like to ride or a prefered route let me know and I'll see about getting a map put up.
Because of our rugged topography it may be that we cannot do a Cape Reinga to Bluff run but we can sure as Hell show the world some of NZ's beauty spots and at least get NZ on the map for this tour............Hush.

contact me outside the forum if you want: RICK.HICKS@xtra.co.nz
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin aka MuthaF'er

• This MuthaF'er is getting to be a
  • Really Old Timer ...
  • Bought her new 4/75
Re: Come on Kiwi's AKA "The Black Stacks"
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:01:48 pm »
Hey all you Kiwis, you ready fo' this?! Godzilla awaits!

Hush has so graciously volunteered to take on coordinating YOUR ride as Team New Zealand leader. Your job is to work with Hush and accomplish escourting Godzilla around your lovely place on earth and introducing the rest of us otherwordly types to your beautiful island. Ride as much as you can and have fun. remember, only a SOHC4 can carry the lizard. Think you can handle that?! I CERTAINLY hope so. I KNOW so  ;D

My plan is to complete the North American leg of the 2011 SOHC4 Relay Rally Across America, Canada and Beyond then turn GZ loose on all you crazy guys. No defined date set yet but it's looking like we'll be done with 48 US states, Washington DC and 7 Canadian Provinces by sometime in September then you boys down under get your turn. You'll have to fight with the Aussies to see who gets the priviledge first however. I'll warn you though, GZ has had a MAJOR impact on all the North American women he encounters so you'd better lock up yer women, err sheep as he discriminates against no mammal!

Looking forward to working with everyone. Get them damn bikes ready to ride! It doesn't get any better  ;D

Jerry Griffin
2011 SOHC4 Relay Rally Coordinator 
As of today 3/13/2012 my original owner 75 CB750F has made it through 3 wives, er EX-wives. Free at last.  ;-)

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:27:02 am »
You heard it here guys, I'm getting enquiries from some riders who are keen to carry the pennant and the terrible lizard around Godsown, need as many as possible so we can link riders to areas, if you have connections with local officials/MP's/bike shops etc, hook them in and we'll get them on camera, remember it's election year so if your local MP is a bike owner we want them photgraphed with GZ.
September/October (if the Aussies don't wake up finally and beat us to the punch) is great riding weather so start wrenching and thinking about how far you are comfortable riding a leg.

Go Kiwi............Hush. ;D
I think the thing I most like about motorcycling is the speed at which my brain must process information at to avoid the numb skulls who are eating pies, playing the ukulele, applying make-up etc in the comfort of their airconditioned armchairs as they make random attempts to kill me!!!!!!!

Offline scunny

• Old Timer
  • don't call me expert
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:29:46 am »
count me in Rick........short post due to hangover
past-cb100,ts250,cb500,cb500,gs1000,gs650g.phillips traveller
present-CB 650 retro
            VTR1000F3
           XL250S riverbed rocket
           TS250[sold]
           TS185[sold]
           XL125S[sold]
           MT50 (white)
           MT50 (red)[sold]
           KN250/XS400 project
           XR/XL250 bitsa under construction
           SL100[sold]
           XL250R
           pedal(pub bike) leaks oil
my gallery http://gallery.sohc4.net/members/personal/scunny

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:58:48 am »
Hope you get better soon Larry. ;D
Have you got any assist riders down there that you know of who would like a piece of this?

Offline Rich361

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »
http://www.cjmg.org.nz/

The Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club might be interested??
1975 CB400F

Offline Hush

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:24:45 pm »
Yes Toycollector is a member of their group as well as this forum, hopefully he will contact me at some stage to offer. :)