Author Topic: What now???  (Read 3370 times)

Offline RatRacer

What now???
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:54:41 am »
It would be a big shame if everyone just fades back into the monotony of everyday life so now that The Relay has come and gone... what do we do next?? 

What do you guys think about trying to setup a Team Michigan rendezvous/reunion weekend(s)?  Perhaps something that would allow us to enter our thundering herd into a classic bike show?  What about a charity ride? 
  • 1979 CB 650 SOHC/4.  Currently undergoing surgery to replace reason with insanity!
  • 1999 Ram 2500 QCSB Cummins Diesel.  Headache Rack, Spray-on Bedliner, S.Steel Nerf Bars, Silencer Ring MIA, 4" TB Aero Exhaust, 1-Ton Suspension Upgrade, BHAF.
  • 2007 Mustang GT California Special.  Convertible Top, Bullitt Exhaust.

Offline seanbarney41

• not really that much younger than an
  • Really Old Timer ...
Re: What now???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:32:51 pm »
...good thinking....maybe we should pick a centralized location with some good roads and ride...not much time left this year though...especially up in your neck of the woods
If it works good, it looks good...

Offline dave the welder

• dave the welder
  • Hot Shot
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:07:55 pm »
how about first thing next spring???????
don't buy it build it

Offline RatRacer

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 03:53:55 am »
Those of you in southern Michigan have another few weeks of good riding so there is no reason why you couldn't have one more get together before winter.  Unfortunately this is the time of the year when the weather up here starts to get cold and very unpredictable.  The maple tree in my front yard has already turned colors and is dropping it's leaves!

I too was thinking more like next spring or early summer.
  • 1979 CB 650 SOHC/4.  Currently undergoing surgery to replace reason with insanity!
  • 1999 Ram 2500 QCSB Cummins Diesel.  Headache Rack, Spray-on Bedliner, S.Steel Nerf Bars, Silencer Ring MIA, 4" TB Aero Exhaust, 1-Ton Suspension Upgrade, BHAF.

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
What now???
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 07:09:29 am »
There's always the SOHC4 World Tour 2012!

A "color tour" this fall sounds good. Maybe a 2-day run up to Cycle-Moore and back or a day trip to Hell?
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 01:05:48 pm »
...always ready to ride, just let me know...

Offline RatRacer

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »
This just in!

http://gilmorecarmuseum.org/html/events_details.php?event_id=25&nav_id=5

09 June 2012 - Vintage bike ride from Gilmore Car Museum.
10 June 2012 - Vintage bike show at Gilmore Car Museum.

As of right now I'm planning on being there.  If there are enough of us who want to enter their SOHC/4's, I'll call Gilmore and ask if we can display our bikes as a group.

Offline seanbarney41

• Really Old Timer ...
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 02:00:02 pm »
Hey Rat...I've been going to that show for several years, it's great, and only about 15 miles from my house, every year it seems to get bigger and bigger...your welcome to spend the weekend as well as whoever else comes through...killer swap meet, bring cash....the ride on Saturday is well worth it too, last year I just happened to be in the same group as two other sohc4 members...I don't think they would have any problem with an sohc4 banner or plaque being displayed with our bikes as we'd all be in the Japanese section anyway...

Offline OldSchool_IsCool

• Really feeling like an
  • Old Timer
  • WARNING: Objects in mirror appear to be LOSING!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 06:49:17 pm »
I'm planning to be there!  One rub, they usually break up the Japanese bikes by cc.  If they break it at 600cc, then the 750's & 650's will be across the isle from the 550's, 500's and 350's.  They have opened a motorcycle barn this year.  Aught to be GREAT!!
Can I have a motorcycle when I get old enough?
If you take care of it.
What do you have to do?
Lot’s of things. You’ve been watching me.
Will you show me all of them?
Sure.
Is it hard?
Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.